Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Coach, we're waiting for you to visit us in a Uk-free Crimea, Russia

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

"1944" is a song written and performed by Ukrainian singer Jamala. It represented Ukraine in the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 and won with a total of 534 points.[1][2]
    A music video for the song was released on 21 September 2016.[3]

Background and lyrics

The lyrics for "1944" concern the deportation of the Crimean Tatars, in the 1940s, by the Soviet Union at the hands of Joseph Stalin because of their alleged collaboration with the Nazis.[4] Jamala was particularly inspired by the story of her great-grandmother Nazylkhan, who was in her mid-20s when she and her five children were deported to barren Central Asia. One of the daughters did not survive the journey.[5][6][7][8] Jamala's great-grandfather was fighting in World War II in the Red Army at this time and thus could not protect his family.[7] The song was also released amid renewed repression of Crimean Tatars following the Russian annexation of Crimea, since most Crimean Tatars refuse to accept the annexation.[9]
    The English lyrics were written by the poet Art Antonyan. The song's chorus, in the Crimean Tatar language, is made up of words from a Crimean Tatar folk song called "Ey, güzel Qırım" that Jamala had heard from her great-grandmother, reflecting on the loss of a youth which could not be spent in her homeland.[10] The song features the duduk played by Aram Kostanyan[11] and the use of the mugham vocal style.[12]

National selection and Eurovision Song Contest

Main article: Ukraine in the Eurovision Song Contest 2016
    Ukraine withdrew from the Eurovision Song Contest 2015, citing costs.[13] After deciding to return to the contest in 2016, a selection process to determine the representative of Ukraine was opened, combining resources from the state broadcaster NTU and private STB.[14] Jamala was announced as one of the eighteen competing acts in the Ukrainian national selection for the contest. She performed in the first semi-final on 6 February 2016, where she won both the jury and televote, advancing to the Ukrainian final.[15] In the final, on 21 February, she was placed second by the jury and first by the televote, resulting in a tie with The Hardkiss and their song "Helpless". Jamala was announced as the winner, however, as the televoting acted as a tiebreaker.[1] She received 37.77% of more than 382,000 televotes.[16]
    Jamala represented Ukraine in the Eurovision Song Contest 2016, performing in the second half of the second semi-final...[17] "1944" is the first Eurovision song to contain lyrics in the Crimean Tatar language. She won the final receiving the second highest televoting score and second highest jury vote.

Accusations of politicisation

In a February 2016 interview with The Guardian, Jamala said that the song also reminded her of her own family living in Crimea nowadays, claiming that since the 2014 Russian annexation of Crimea "the Crimean Tatars are on occupied territory".[4][nb 1] The song lyrics, however, do not address this annexation.[19] Eurovision rules prohibit songs with lyrics that could be interpreted as having "political content".[19]
    Immediately after the selection of this song, some Russian politicians, as well as authorities in Crimea, accused the Ukrainian authorities of using the song "to offend Russia" and "capitalising on the tragedy of the Tatars to impose on European viewers a false picture of alleged harassment of the Tatars in the Russian Crimea".[8][nb 2]
    On 9 March 2016, a tweet from the European Broadcasting Union confirmed that neither the title nor the lyrics of the song contained "political speech" and therefore it did not breach any Eurovision rule, thus allowing it to remain in the competition.[21]

Eurovision Song Contest

The song won the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest, receiving a grand total of 534 points, officially surpassing the previous record set by Alexander Rybak with his song "Fairytale" in the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest, which won with 387 points.[2][nb 3]
    The national juries voted the entry by Australia first with 320 points, and the televote voted the entry by Russia first with 361 points. The televoting result for Ukraine, of 323 points, however, was sufficient, when added to their jury score of 211 points, to put them in first place, with a grand total of 534 points, leaving Australia second and Russia third.

Critical reception

Prior to the Ukrainian national selection finals, "1944" received 8.33 out of 10 points from a jury of Eurovision blog Wiwibloggs,[22] the highest score among the six finalists in Ukraine.[23]

Last edited by Thrilla; 02-21-19 at 05:46 PM.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post

"1944" is a song written and performed by Ukrainian singer Jamala. It represented Ukraine in the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 and won with a total of 534 points.[1][2]
    A music video for the song was released on 21 September 2016.[3]

National selection and Eurovision Song Contest

Main article: Ukraine in the Eurovision Song Contest 2016
    Ukraine withdrew from the Eurovision Song Contest 2015, citing costs.[13] After deciding to return to the contest in 2016, a selection process to determine the representative of Ukraine was opened, combining resources from the state broadcaster NTU and private STB.[14] Jamala was announced as one of the eighteen competing acts in the Ukrainian national selection for the contest. She performed in the first semi-final on 6 February 2016, where she won both the jury and televote, advancing to the Ukrainian final.[15] In the final, on 21 February, she was placed second by the jury and first by the televote, resulting in a tie with The Hardkiss and their song "Helpless". Jamala was announced as the winner, however, as the televoting acted as a tiebreaker.[1] She received 37.77% of more than 382,000 televotes.[16]
    Jamala represented Ukraine in the Eurovision Song Contest 2016, performing in the second half of the second semi-final...[17] "1944" is the first Eurovision song to contain lyrics in the Crimean Tatar language. She won the final receiving the second highest televoting score and second highest jury vote.

Accusations of politicisation

In a February 2016 interview with The Guardian, Jamala said that the song also reminded her of her own family living in Crimea nowadays, claiming that since the 2014 Russian annexation of Crimea "the Crimean Tatars are on occupied territory".[4][nb 1] The song lyrics, however, do not address this annexation.[19] Eurovision rules prohibit songs with lyrics that could be interpreted as having "political content".[19]
    Immediately after the selection of this song, some Russian politicians, as well as authorities in Crimea, accused the Ukrainian authorities of using the song "to offend Russia" and "capitalising on the tragedy of the Tatars to impose on European viewers a false picture of alleged harassment of the Tatars in the Russian Crimea".[8][nb 2]
    On 9 March 2016, a tweet from the European Broadcasting Union confirmed that neither the title nor the lyrics of the song contained "political speech" and therefore it did not breach any Eurovision rule, thus allowing it to remain in the competition.[21]

Eurovision Song Contest

The song won the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest, receiving a grand total of 534 points, officially surpassing the previous record set by Alexander Rybak with his song "Fairytale" in the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest, which won with 387 points.[2][nb 3]
    The national juries voted the entry by Australia first with 320 points, and the televote voted the entry by Russia first with 361 points. The televoting result for Ukraine, of 323 points, however, was sufficient, when added to their jury score of 211 points, to put them in first place, with a grand total of 534 points, leaving Australia second and Russia third.

Critical reception

Prior to the Ukrainian national selection finals, "1944" received 8.33 out of 10 points from a jury of Eurovision blog Wiwibloggs,[22] the highest score among the six finalists in Ukraine.[23]

good tune, Thrilla

but

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrain...h_Nazi_Germany

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Russian Women Beautiful

SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2923

What the hell is going on here?

SoCal Degen
    SoCal Degen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Can't wait till the kremlin bans all smart phones used by military personnel

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Degen View Post
    Can't wait till the kremlin bans all smart phones used by military personnel
    I'm in a Kremlin circle

Still posting from my smartphone

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Russian Women Beautiful

American land mines are too much!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Sasha have you ever met Putin?

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    Sure but I don't hate Nazis just cuz the history books tries to tell/teach me to.

“History is always written by the winners. When two cultures clash, the loser is obliterated, and the winner writes the history books-books which glorify their own cause and disparage the conquered foe. As Napoleon once said, 'What is history, but a fable agreed upon?” - Dan Brown

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Quote Originally Posted by SlickFazzer View Post
    What the hell is going on here?
    Russian bots ..

SoCal Degen

You are not in the military. Only the lil boys you toy with seen shooting footage in the hills playing guitar. That will all go away very soon

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Sure but I don't hate Nazis
    Thrilla - you will get shot for talking this funny stuff in Russia or with Russian like myself alike

I hope you know what you're doing

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Russian bots ..
    good excuse for a pussy that never made it in a military and a hoe who pretended to KNOW russian hoes)

LOL...what a embarrassment you are ...really, JIbby

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

good excuse for a pussy that never made it in a military and a hoe who pretended to KNOW russian hoes)

LOL...what a embarrassment you are ...really, JIbby
    You silly Russians are so proud, defensive and easily rattled. Lighten up and live life with a smile.. ..

Don't have to go thru life pissed off and hating..

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    You silly Russians are so proud
    you finally show your TRUE colors- as I knew you would

I would kill your silly face girl with my underwear change

I am proud to be Russian- do something about it...you pathetic clown

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Thrilla - you will get shot for talking this funny stuff in Russia or with Russian like myself alike

I hope you know what you're doing
    lol I hate Neo-Nazis. Is that good enough? They so dumb and stupid that they have no idea the real Nazis would probably exterminate them on sight. I have sources to back my talk but it's too late over there to mess up your mind.

I know this though Russia is big with alot of people and you are just one Russian.

Last edited by Thrilla; 02-21-19 at 07:21 PM.

SoCal Degen

This Russian puppet who spends most his time in Venice beach, Hollywood and SAN Francisco. All I need to say....

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1321

Comrade Sasha, your mission, secure sexy Russian bride for our pal Coach!
    Last edited by mikejamm; 02-21-19 at 07:41 PM.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    Comrade Sasha, your mission, secure sexy Russian bride for our pal Coach!
    Mikey my mission is to make sure we still like each other plus minus 2 nuclear points to ether side

I hope you and your family are doing well

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

I have sources to back my talk but it's too late over there to mess up your mind.
    I would love to hear what your sources are...I work for GRU child

Don't be shy- spill it out what your sources are - my HOUSE is on that you're gonna say NOTHING

TRY me

SoCal Degen

You work as a bus boy in Venice Beach, working at that shitty Mexican restaurant you posted about a few weeks ago

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Degen View Post
    You work as a bus boy in Venice Beach, working at that shitty Mexican restaurant you posted about a few weeks ago
    Who is this ^ jealous HOE?

What an embarrassment...for a no name troll

mikejamm

Mikey my mission is to make sure we still like each other plus minus 2 nuclear points to ether side

I hope you and your family are doing well
    Doing good my friend! And good vibes to your family as well.

mikejamm

Seriously though, you'd be our nations hero if you could get the trump pee pee tape posted online!
    Last edited by mikejamm; 02-21-19 at 08:39 PM.

jts1207
    jts1207's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

Seriously though, you'd be our nations hero if you could the trump pee pee tape posted online!
    And here is why this clown is such a lib cuck bitch lol

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

looks nice Rocket

mikejamm

Quote Originally Posted by jts1207 View Post
    And here is why this clown is such a lib cuck bitch lol
    We all know you make your own piss videos too, jtshit&piss

jts1207

We all know you make your own piss videos too, jtshit&piss
    Keep dreaming you beta cuck loser. How pathetic

mikejamm

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Russian Women Beautiful
    Yeah they are! Nice video Sasha. Really what it's all about, beautiful women, good booze and festive good times.
    Last edited by mikejamm; 02-21-19 at 09:09 PM.

jts1207

Yeah they are! Nice videos Sasha. Really what it's all about, beautiful women, good booze and festive good times.
    You're welcome to move out of your mom's basement lol

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Put this shit in the garbage can

mikejamm

Quote Originally Posted by jts1207 View Post
    You're welcome to move out of your mom's basement lol
    Nice reply troll fuk head. Now your using my patented comebacks huh loser? Go back to work'in your fuk'in glory hole, you pasty white douche bag.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Nice reply troll fuk head. Now your using my patented comebacks huh loser? Go back to work'in your fuk'in glory hole, you pasty white douche bag.

Mike go easy on that Hoe!

jts1207

Patented comebacks? You're a pathetic freeloading lib cuck. You own and wear a pink pussy hat don't you? Enjoy your food I bought for you when you swipe that EBT card tomorrow.

12 Last