firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Get of dial up
    Works fine with decent internet

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Ive got great net i cannot figure out why this is so bad... do these have limits regarding the server you choose? Too many mb?

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

I'm not sure
    The only time mine acts up is when I'm watching pirated movies
    I had mine jail broke

Everything else works fine

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Roku much better

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

I have Roku but want info on that black box you guys talk about

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5429

Firestick/Firebox with $15/month NItroTV subscription is the best bet. Over 7,500 channels including all of the sports (NBA, MLB, NHL, NFL, etc) and 300 local channels.

With Kodi you need to make sure you have the right add-ons to get the newest movies. It changes monthly so you need to google for the best working add-ons for that month. Right now Exodus V8 is the best for movies. You can go in the settings of Exodus and select the best providers as well to ensure good streams.

There are a ton of youtube videos and a very large thread over at EOG where you can get some help.

BigO

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17017

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Firestick/Firebox with $15/month NItroTV subscription is the best bet. Over 7,500 channels including all of the sports (NBA, MLB, NHL, NFL, etc) and 300 local channels.

With Kodi you need to make sure you have the right add-ons to get the newest movies. It changes monthly so you need to google for the best working add-ons for that month. Right now Exodus V8 is the best for movies. You can go in the settings of Exodus and select the best providers as well to ensure good streams.

There are a ton of youtube videos and a very large thread over at EOG where you can get some help.

BigO
    WTF did you just say BO?

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post

BigO
    GSE IPTV app for Nitro on Apple devices works great also.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

YoutubeTV. $35/month.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29800

Firestick?
    Minny, post a good link so I can learn more about this.
    Points Awarded:

gauchojake gave b1slickguy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post
    Firestick?
    Go to staples, these devices are inexpensive

Many dudes can jailbreak them for 20 bucks

Unlimited sports + every tv station plus free movies, unlimited, $7 mo

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post
    Firestick?

Don't waste your time with it unless you have outstanding Internet.

Also no need for it unless you plan to use Kodi and have it broken in & loaded like Minny said above.

If you have just the Firestick, smart TV's do the same

Weems2k
    Fat!!!
    Weems2k's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8860

Firestick plus Kodi App is all anyone needs. If you know what you're doing.

King tut
    King Butt
    King tut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8655

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Roku much better
    Love our Roku

smokenjoke
    smokenjoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 427

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Go to staples, these devices are inexpensive

Many dudes can jailbreak them for 20 bucks

Unlimited sports + every tv station plus free movies, unlimited, $7 mo
    You can jailbrake the stick yourself. It takes about half hour to put on the apps. All you need is three apps. "Cinema" for free movies and shows. "Mobdro" for live streaming tv, all premium channels like all the HBO,starz,Showtime,penthouse tv etc...
    "Kodi" for your movie back up.
    Go to "troypoint.com" sign up for his newsletter and you'll be very happy. Enjoy

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Firestick sucks but it is easy to side load Kodi so it's a pretty cheap solution. I moved all my TV's to Roku's for Youtube TV and other streaming apps - it's really the best product out there. I only use Firestick (Kodi) when I am out of shit to watch or I want to check out a movie that's still in theaters. I was going to stream a Lakers game the other day and instead of fuukking around with Kodi I just opened the tv browser and went to reddit and frankly the stream was better than most Kodi streams and it didn't cut out the entire game.

Tried to watch Overlord last night on the goddamn Firestick and had to pause and restart the movie like 5 times. It's not even worth it. I'd rather spend 5 bucks to rent it and not waste my time. Before anyone starts cracking on my dial up I have 400 MB service and a mesh router system so my internet is fine. The adapter and processor in the Firestick is the problem.

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by smokenjoke View Post
    You can jailbrake the stick yourself. It takes about half hour to put on the apps. All you need is three apps. "Cinema" for free movies and shows. "Mobdro" for live streaming tv, all premium channels like all the HBO,starz,Showtime,penthouse tv etc...
    "Kodi" for your movie back up.
    Go to "troypoint.com" sign up for his newsletter and you'll be very happy. Enjoy
    They're "out of stock" on the area 51 right now. Pissed

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Firestick sucks but it is easy to side load Kodi so it's a pretty cheap solution. I moved all my TV's to Roku's for Youtube TV and other streaming apps - it's really the best product out there. I only use Firestick (Kodi) when I am out of shit to watch or I want to check out a movie that's still in theaters. I was going to stream a Lakers game the other day and instead of fuukking around with Kodi I just opened the tv browser and went to reddit and frankly the stream was better than most Kodi streams and it didn't cut out the entire game.

Tried to watch Overlord last night on the goddamn Firestick and had to pause and restart the movie like 5 times. It's not even worth it. I'd rather spend 5 bucks to rent it and not waste my time. Before anyone starts cracking on my dial up I have 400 MB service and a mesh router system so my internet is fine. The adapter and processor in the Firestick is the problem.
    Yup my problem too....router literally 10 feet away

Today damn thing won't load at all says too many people on their server

Ridiculous

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Yup my problem too....router literally 10 feet away

Today damn thing won't load at all says too many people on their server

Ridiculous
    Fatty have Roku but can’t jail break. Should I get the $49 fire stick & take a shot or not worth it

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nothing comes close to xfinity.........

You can stream or download movies before their theater release when available...

Every internet based streaming service in the world like Netflix and Amazon.....

Database of 100's of thousands of movies/TV series......

Every televised sporting event in the world

Every sports pay per view programming in the world......

All for a buck 80 per month used with windows 10 software............

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Tried to watch Overlord last night on the goddamn Firestick and had to pause and restart the movie like 5 times. It's not even worth it. I'd rather spend 5 bucks to rent it and not waste my time.

I feel exactly the same way.

I would rather spend a few bucks to a watch perfect picture with no hassles and I also don't like watching imperfect versions of movies still out at the theater because in my opinion it ruins it. Would rather just see it at the theater or wait for DVD.

smokenjoke

Your probably picking a 1080 link. I pick links that stream @ 720 and never had an issue. I only use kodi for back up and the best add on so far are "no limit" or "nebula" "Cinema" so far is the best stand alone around. :
    I don't use iptv cause I have more than enough with my basic 3 apps.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

So it sounds as if you’re wanting to watch anything in 4K or 1080 that this isn’t the way to go.

smokenjoke

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    So it sounds as if you’re wanting to watch anything in 4K or 1080 that this isn’t the way to go.
    There's really not that much 4k content out there cause its basically new. As for 1080 you have links that work for you or may not. Its all up to what work best for you. 720 on "cinema" works great for me. No buffering or lag on this end. Follow that link and figure out what suits you. A bit of patience you'll be fine.

MinnesotaFats

Yup, pass

bigbubbafade
    bigbubbafade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2456

I use Mobdro and Cyberflix. They work just fine.

It all depends on what you want. If you want cable and need what cable offers, then you're gonna complain with a firestick.

If you're willing to sacrifice a bit, pay ZERO dollars, and not have to watch tv all the damn time, then the firestick is great.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

fire tv box, with a good kodi build

amazing and free

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

smoken - it was a 720 stream but I totally get what you are saying

I did an experiment a while ago with this and bought an android box for about 100 bucks. At the time it had a top of the line processor for a box, LAN connection, and really nothing else on it. I made it a dedicated Kodi box. It still sucked. It sucked less than a Firestick, but still sucked.

All Kodi really does anyways is aggregate the streams and make the UI look pretty. There's so much content out there anyways that is free or cheap, Kodi/streaming pirated shit is kind of a last resort anyways.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

i caught the "firestick" from a fine babe in new mexico when i was law clerking out in roswell one summer during law school.... fukkin' skank was fine as shit, but I was pissin' razor blades a week later....

zithromax got rid of that shit in a hurry..... only time I had the clap or any other v.d.

rclang64
    rclang64's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 661

I have a firestick 4k, and we have had 0 issues. Rewatched 3 episodes of Game of Thrones last night with 0 issues. Trying to rewatch all seasons before the final season premier next month.

smokenjoke

smoken - it was a 720 stream but I totally get what you are saying

I did an experiment a while ago with this and bought an android box for about 100 bucks. At the time it had a top of the line processor for a box, LAN connection, and really nothing else on it. I made it a dedicated Kodi box. It still sucked. It sucked less than a Firestick, but still sucked.

All Kodi really does anyways is aggregate the streams and make the UI look pretty. There's so much content out there anyways that is free or cheap, Kodi/streaming pirated shit is kind of a last resort anyways.
    I use Jodi with nebula (1 nation build) on one stick and (no limits build) on another but I use them for back up to my apk "cinema" Check out that link and sign up for the newsletter. He always has something new every week and the dude is on point. Good luck.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

I just hack into GauchoJake’s internet and service...free and clear and works just fine even on the airplane..

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Firestick is only good for broke dikks without an HD tv.

Most people have HD tv's, so you need the firetv box to get a quality picture.

12 Last