The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    lol I never get it when I see dog attacks like this. There is even a video on youtube of some poor cat getting attacked by a dog and some guy trying to use his bike to break it up. Fails miserably.

people seem to forget they have one of the most advance things ever created on the end of each arm. So advance engineers can not even replicate it yet but they forget how to use it in the most obvious situations.

You want to stop a dog attack, snatch that sob's neck and squeeze hard as you can while sitting on it. All the dog is going to do is scratch you at worst. If you don't care about the dog then finger in the eye always works too.

And if a dog is about to attack you then take off your shoe, place your hand inside and keep your arm extended. Dogs are dumb and will bite the first thing you present to them. If you have a coat that is even better. IF you have nothing then you sacrifice your forearm. As soon as the dog goes to bite your forearm you're driving your other hand to its neck then pinning it on the ground with you on top.
    You’re an idiot if you think you would’ve faired any differently than that postal carrier.

You clearly have no clue how fast and strong those dogs are, and how relentless they are when they latch on. They’re not giving you a warning so you can put your shoe on your hand

That dog would’ve ripped your head off

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

blowing the horn is kind of useless too

this video should be a lesson on..... everything you SHOULDN'T DO to get a dog off of someone

After the garbage can flies in and the dude runs away, the grip goes from foot to wrist.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Everyone laughing, but the video actually made me realize I may not be able to subdue a dog attacking me as easily as I thought.

If you are the guy on the ground with the dog ripping into your leg flesh, what would you do for yourself if no one was around?
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave Optional 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bigtymer56

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Everyone laughing, but the video actually made me realize I may not be able to subdue a dog attacking me as easily as I thought.

If you are the guy on the ground with the dog ripping into your leg flesh, what would you do for yourself if no one was around?
    Kick him in the throat. Stand on his throat with your other leg. Poke the bastard in the eyes. Anything besides the weak shit he tried.

Dude had them get his bag so he could blow an air horn.

Unreal. Good part of Detroit I guess. No one had a gun. Ideally to murder the dog then off themselves.

Poor dog got raised like shit. Either way, I would have found a way to get it off of me.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    You’re an idiot if you think you would’ve faired any differently than that postal carrier.

You clearly have no clue how fast and strong those dogs are, and how relentless they are when they latch on. They’re not giving you a warning so you can put your shoe on your hand

That dog would’ve ripped your head off
    I know I’m not gonna lay there and ask for my air horn. That’s for damn sure.

Rather not have to. Dogs scare me when they’re pissed. When my little 25 pound dog shows me his teeth I fck off.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

That guy weighed over 200 lbs easily, and that dog was dragging him across the street.

The guy did the right thing and probably saved himself further injury in the process. That dog was gonna do whatever it wanted and nothing he did was going to stop it, only provoke it.

Not sure people realize how strong and relentless those dogs can be. You’re fooling yourself if you think a kick in the throat or a poke to the eye would slow it down
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave The Kraken 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    That guy weighed over 200 lbs easily, and that dog was dragging him across the street.

The guy did the right thing and probably saved himself further injury in the process. That dog was gonna do whatever it wanted and nothing he did was going to stop it, only provoke it.

Not sure people realize how strong and relentless those dogs can be. You’re fooling yourself if you think a kick in the throat or a poke to the eye would slow it down
    I don’t know. I’m 250 pounds these days. Just don’t see myself getting dragged around that long by a dog. I’d be in survival mode. I’m not talking just a little quick kick or poke. I’m hammering his throat over and over and gouging both eyes. Going down fighting. Probably going down missing some fingers.

Cuse0323

I love all dogs though. So, at first I’d be trying to calm the fcker down somehow. But eventually you gotta fight. Wouldn’t be hard to get a choke hold on and put all your weight on them. Gotta manuever your mangled leg is all.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

So, you're asking yourself.... how would you defend yourself in a situation like this?

Just watch this video by Akban

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I love all dogs though. So, at first I’d be trying to calm the fcker down somehow. But eventually you gotta fight. Wouldn’t be hard to get a choke hold on and put all your weight on them. Gotta manuever your mangled leg is all.
    Exactly my thoughts. Really hate to hurt the dog, even if it's called for, but I would probably go into grappling mode with headlocks and "leg rides" which could end up with the dog running down the street no problem with me on his back...lol.

If he's got my foot, it could be trouble. Just look at how quick he jumped to the wrist once he finally let go of the leg.

The determination of a pit bull is nothing to shake a stick at, unless of course that stick is a broom handle or The Club steering wheel lock...

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

I would do what I always do when dogs come around me
    Pull my pants down, spread peanut butter on my knob and nuts and let him lick away
    That usually calms them down
    It's a win win for the dog and myself

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    I would do what I always do when dogs come around me
    Pull my pants down, spread peanut butter on my knob and nuts and let him lick away
    That usually calms them down
    It's a win win for the dog and myself
    Unless he chomps down and tries to take for himnself...

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. Really hate to hurt the dog, even if it's called for, but I would probably go into grappling mode with headlocks and "leg rides" which could end up with the dog running down the street no problem with me on his back...lol.

If he's got my foot, it could be trouble. Just look at how quick he jumped to the wrist once he finally let go of the leg.

The determination of a pit bull is nothing to shake a stick at, unless of course that stick is a broom handle or The Club steering wheel lock...

They probably just made it angrier.

Once he unlocked that’s where things would get fun. Do you let it go and hope it doesn’t turn around and bite your face off? Or the smart thing and just choke the fcker to death? It’d be hard to choke the life out of a dog for me.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post

They probably just made it angrier.

Once he unlocked that’s where things would get fun. Do you let it go and hope it doesn’t turn around and bite your face off? Or the smart thing and just choke the fcker to death? It’d be hard to choke the life out of a dog for me.
    So tough, I'm with you there, it would be hard for me too. I try to put myself there and imagine the situation.

All I can really arrive at is that the dog would be tougher and nastier than I expect and that I would likely resort to self defense that I've been learning more recently.

Like I said, so tough, especially if nobody else was there and I had to go it alone. I'd definitely get injured, and so might the dog.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Love Dogs, and sounds unsympathetic but removing dogs like this out of gene pool is best for dogs too. Will prevent breeding people aggressive puppies that will just end up in no-kill shelters stuck in cages and miserable for their entire existence.

Would have no problem punting this dog in the head and breaking the jaw, or shooting him if I had a gun.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

I have broken up more than a few dog fights and attacks. Dogs understand one thing - the alpha dog is in charge and calls the shots. I know most of you don't know anything about that.

First 12