cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2416

New pc

So ive been sick and my pc died a miserable death a few days ago. Only the light turns on with a blank screen. High end lenovo.

Too sick to choose a good pc right now so was looking foe somthing cheap for a month.

How is this 85£, i dont get it. Am i missing something? Is it full of viruses sell cheap to steal your data?

So confusings

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Dell-OptiPlex-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B012AUCJ8I/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1550575251&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=Cheap+pc

Mirrapro
    Mirrapro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

Very old refurbished computers. Has like a $3 processor in it. Early to mid 2000’s technology. It will turn on and let you browse websites but I doubt it would do too much more than that.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Get on slickdeals asshole

cashin81
    hvob

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrapro View Post
    Very old refurbished computers. Has like a $3 processor in it. Early to mid 2000’s technology. It will turn on and let you browse websites but I doubt it would do too much more than that.
    Oh damn. I thought it would be ok if it can run win10

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by cashin81 View Post
    Oh damn. I thought it would be ok if it can run win10
    I'm using a desktop that still has Windows XP on it... basic HP model purchased in 2005 I think?

If mine works.... that win10 should work.

I would only assume if you bought that PC... it would be wiped clean.... with just the operating system in tact. But you never know what you're going to get???

dbartinbwgc
    dbartinbwgc's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21563

If you trying to save some money try newegg(dot)com or dellrefurbished(dot)com
    I just bought my brother a intel i5 for close to $100 and a several months back I got myself
    a i7 for about $180, yes they are refurbished/off lease but work great for what they are
    several years old. the dell site always runs coupons for 30-50% off those prices listed
    just have to keep watching because the cheaper i7s go fast.
    new egg usually has a bunch but cost a more then coupon but less then usual
    Not sure if the ship overseas.

cashin81
    hvob

in the end i bought this

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-C24-865-...acer+c24865+i5

its okay, mouse keyboard and sound are horseshit - but i guess thats where they cost cut.

couldnt really justify paying 1-2k as ive been unlucky

cashin81
    hvob

Quote Originally Posted by dbartinbwgc View Post
    If you trying to save some money try newegg(dot)com or dellrefurbished(dot)com
    I just bought my brother a intel i5 for close to $100 and a several months back I got myself
    a i7 for about $180, yes they are refurbished/off lease but work great for what they are
    several years old. the dell site always runs coupons for 30-50% off those prices listed
    just have to keep watching because the cheaper i7s go fast.
    new egg usually has a bunch but cost a more then coupon but less then usual
    Not sure if the ship overseas.
    thats something i wanted... i like value.

theres only a few places to buy computers here and if you want to look at one before you buy - theres like one chain of stores with a monopoly.