VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20445

Rhode Island bill would fine drivers who hand out money to panhandlers

https://www.fox5vegas.com/rhode-isla...4a19ef209.html

People that give money to beggars are idiots. There's a green light and I have to stop and wait while you give a bum a dollar? Fukk you. He's making more money than you and he's paying $0 in taxes. It's a scam.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Noone finds it ironic that the government is legislating who we can give money to? But youll never see a law outlawing giving money to the government....

What's good for the goose...

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

seems like everytime i go to a gas station there is somebody begging for money

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10711

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    https://www.fox5vegas.com/rhode-isla...4a19ef209.html

People that give money to beggars are idiots. There's a green light and I have to stop and wait while you give a bum a dollar? Fukk you. He's making more money than you and he's paying $0 in taxes. It's a scam.
    If there was a way to know who was actually homeless and who was scamming i would give to someone. Normally i do not give because of that. I have a couple times when they asked for money (Normally for a sandwich or drink) say sorry no money but i am going to pick up something to eat with my debit card i can pick you up a sandwich and give it to you on my way back. If they say no then they are scammers for sure. I brought a lady on a corner a sandwich ,fries ,and a drink and even upgraded it to large for her.

I did cave in around xmas on a cold day a guy i see out there all the time. They frequent this one corner. I figure Ok it is the holiday i will give him some change i had sitting there. I gave him some change then saw a dollar so gave him that too. It turned into the south park episode where he kept wanting more. He saw i had more change in there and kept wanting it. I told him no i need that for bridge toll.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Guyz, I'm sure there are some people who are pretending to be homeless when they're not. But not many!!

If they're at the street light begging for change they've got big problems in their life.

They're drug addicts. That's the real issue. If they cleaned up their act they'd probably have someone willing to take them in.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    Guyz, I'm sure there are some people who are pretending to be homeless when they're not. But not many!!

If they're at the street light begging for change they've got big problems in their life.

They're drug addicts. That's the real issue. If they cleaned up their act they'd probably have someone willing to take them in.
    Happens more than you think. Can’t hate the player though. Hate the game. If you know the area, then it’s not hard to learn who is legit and who isn’t. I’ll probably be homeless soon, and I always have helped out. Hopefully I get that in return, but damn I’m really not down with begging. I’ll do anything else that I can before that shit happens, but damn I’m a lazy fck sober. I don’t know how you people do it. Feeling every little ache, and pain that you have all the time. Every obnoxious feeling. Fckin shit way to live.