Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    people can still get around it, but just one extra step they have to fukk around with every time

weekly minimum of 5 even, that way they have to keep going through it

All contests I ever ran in the past it was 100 minimum.

And some, just like the example you used above, where on top of that there is another minimum over time.

Drew and I discussed this once.

His thinking is it punishes those who still use the site for info, but simply don't post much.

Excellent point on his part.

All boils down to whether or not you punish everyone for a few scumbags.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Yes most definitely

Used this regularly in the past
    Or what you can do is you must have 50 posts (or whatever) to be eligible for pro status, then they can be eligible for contests.

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

Not sure what having to have certain amount of posts would do. Someone could just post a bunch of nothing or simple good luck a bunch of times. When money is involved you never gonna keep out the scammers or shottakers . They will and have found a way
    Points Awarded:

deltgen gave Heltah Skeltah 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Heltah Skeltah View Post
    Not sure what having to have certain amount of posts would do. Someone could just post a bunch of nothing or simple good luck a bunch of times. When money is involved you never gonna keep out the scammers or shottakers . They will and have found a way
    yes, people will do that

but its just another way to check IPs routinely

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    yes, people will do that

but its just another way to check IPs routinely

Most definitely

It increases the odds of them eventually screwing up by forgetting and posting under a 2nd handle, thinking they were logged in to the other.

Have seen it happen many times.

I'm sure some posters have witnessed it as well.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Exactly and it’s really crappy and sad but that’s just the way it is. So it’s up to us as staff and regular posters to keep an eye out and speak up if we see something odd. It’s not just a matter of relying on IPs. I’m constantly checking them but there are often times you need more than that to justify a ban or the IPs don’t tell you much at all for various reasons. As posters you’ll come into contact with certain others more often than I will whether it’s in poker or the NASCAR forum or NBA or whatever. You’ll focus on that one person for awhile until you decide if they’re suss or not whereas as staff we have to focus on all of you. That’s precisely why we need your help and you’re not a “rat” although I understand why some may feel that way. Minimum post count will unfortunately not help at all and is not feasible for a place this size. We have posters from all over the world who use google translate to get their service plays and picks and don’t feel confident enough to post publicly and/or just don’t wish to although they may PM or email staff from time to time. They’re just as valuable and innocent until proven guilty as the rest of us despite lack of post count. We currently have a minimum To access PMs and yet it doesn’t stop people from attempting to junk post and then blasting our members with crap messages as soon as they reach the minimum. Assholes will asshole no matter what restrictions we try so it’s up to us to learn and strive to do better in the future.

We will. And while we still may fall short from time to time we’ll always be trying to improve and take on feedback from you guys. That’s all I can promise

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    All contests I ever ran in the past it was 100 minimum.

And some, just like the example you used above, where on top of that there is another minimum over time.

Drew and I discussed this once.

His thinking is it punishes those who still use the site for info, but simply don't post much.

Excellent point on his part.

All boils down to whether or not you punish everyone for a few scumbags.
    Nothing stops them from keep using the site for info though. Imo contests should have the objective of bringing in new productive members and also at the same time reward old users. Like that guy who finished 2nd this year, has two posts to his name ever and even came into the thread saying "c ya next year", that's not someone you want to cater to...

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

Why not just make it known that any account in a contest that signed up for sbr using a vpn is not eligible for cash prizes? Not really sure if this is an outlandish thing to do as I really don’t even understand vpn’s as in whether or not you have to deliberately use one or your internet provider sets up your service that way for added security? I’ve read u monitor any account that signs up with a vpn somewhere in this thread... why not just keep them contest ineligeble from the get? What accounts in the top 20 were signed up with a vpn? Is this info available? If so share it

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    Nothing stops them from keep using the site for info though. Imo contests should have the objective of bringing in new productive members and also at the same time reward old users. Like that guy who finished 2nd this year, has two posts to his name ever and even came into the thread saying "c ya next year", that's not someone you want to cater to...

Agree

When sports books used to sponsor contests regularly, one of the requirements in order to claim the full amount of any prizes, a player/customer had to have put in a minimum amount of action with the book per week, month, or season for that particular contest.

If they did not, they only collected 25% of the prize, and sometimes nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by zam77 View Post
    Why not just make it known that any account in a contest that signed up for sbr using a vpn is not eligible for cash prizes?

Correct, you understand.

A member with a VPN should never be allowed to participate in a contest period.

It's the first sign they are hiding something.

It takes some work checking all accounts but contests with big prizes it's worth it.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

They should add something to the conversations on the forums. What goods a forum, if no one contributes.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO

Hman what about from here on out. Any new sign up? Make it fully disclosed that when an account signs up using a vpn they will not be able to play in contests? I’m sure IT dept. can program it so the accounts are automatically not able to enter so it doesn’t require constant monitoring. Once it’s in place then u just have to pay attention to existing vpn user sign ups and go from there. The key is who uses vpn at the point of sign up? DOES SBR HAVE RECORD OF WHAT BTP PLAYERS SIGNED UP WITH VPN??

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by zam77 View Post
    Hman what about from here on out. Any new sign up? Make it fully disclosed that when an account signs up using a vpn they will not be able to play in contests? I’m sure IT dept. can program it so the accounts are automatically not able to enter so it doesn’t require constant monitoring. Once it’s in place then u just have to pay attention to existing vpn user sign ups and go from there. The key is who uses vpn at the point of sign up? DOES SBR HAVE RECORD OF WHAT BTP PLAYERS SIGNED UP WITH VPN??

I'm sure Lou, Drew, management have a plan.

But things you've mentioned are important factors.

I'm not a programmer but I'm pretty sure that would be tough to create.

I don't assist with that particular contest so I'm not sure about signup info.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Using a VPN does not automatically equal a dodgy account. Not by any means. It’s one of the first things explained to me by Lou years ago and while it took me awhile to get my head around it I completely see why. Without a VPN many of users wouldn’t be able to access SBR from areas where gambling sites are banned ie many airports for starters.

As ive already explained a few times this issue was not due to a VPN, IPs or lack of posts. A VPN wasn’t even used in this case nor was disguising IPs. Absolutely nothing to do with it at all. Hope that puts that issue to rest

jts1207
    jts1207's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Using a VPN does not automatically equal a dodgy account. Not by any means. It’s one of the first things explained to me by Lou years ago and while it took me awhile to get my head around it I completely see why. Without a VPN many of users wouldn’t be able to access SBR from areas where gambling sites are banned ie many airports for starters.

As ive already explained a few times this issue was not due to a VPN, IPs or lack of posts. A VPN wasn’t even used in this case nor was disguising IPs. Absolutely nothing to do with it at all. Hope that puts that issue to rest
    Shari is not messing around. Good stuff.

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13690

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    They should add something to the conversations on the forums. What goods a forum, if no one contributes.
    the forum aspect is only a portion of what sbr has to offer

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO

Zammer appreciates this response in my quest for knowledge. It is a very clearly stated, helpful and constructive explanation and I’m happy to now know it. Thank you Sharindipitous

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

When you have $100,000 for prizes for a contest you will get shot takers. SBR needs to ask themselves what is the purpose of the contest? Is it to reward shot takers that do not contribute anything to the site or reward long time pros like Zam77, Carolina Daze etc, for example who were making their own bets without colluding with others to defraud the contest? If SBR takes care of the long time Pros then they will be more vigilant to find the scammers. The Pros can help you as long as you don't screw them with the prizes.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zam77

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    A healthy forum has at least 10 regular readers for every regular poster.

We tend to imagine we are the bulk of users as active posters, but if the content is good we are actually a unique minority on the "best" forums out there.

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13690

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyjames View Post
    i will go back and check and if i owe yisman 50 or 100 points i will pay him ... ARE you going to pay the $10,000 you let buffalo nickle screw the other winners out of on BTP ... You as a Moderator should have never let that happen ...
    did you pay yis yet

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    HUAD is one of a kind

10x smarter than the avg guy

i wish he didn't say some of the things he did though

he might not be able to control himself, but i think that he will grow out of it someday
    I missed the Tirade but cucks like jts and fire were giving him a hard time because he banged his friends 30 year old sister? What kind of -- white knight shit is that? Can she not make her own decisions? Is she not an adult? Does she not posses her own agency.

He's living the life, having fun, no kids, banging, doing rec drugs. Who gives a shit? I do that. It's an awesome life. I can pick up and fly to Miami tommorow for a week if I want.

I decided to block the constant angry white knight betas on here and I'll say, my experience on Sbr has vastly improved. Almost did Rudy too but he's more positive and being cool now.

Block list is auto (wtf is with that guy?)/fire/jts
    Last edited by shari91; 01-09-19 at 08:05 PM.

jts1207

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    I missed the Tirade but cucks like jts and fire were giving him a hard time because he banged his friends 30 year old sister? What kind of -- white knight shit is that? Can she not make her own decisions? Is she not an adult? Does she not posses her own agency.

He's living the life, having fun, no kids, banging, doing rec drugs. Who gives a shit? I do that. It's an awesome life. I can pick up and fly to Miami tommorow for a week if I want.

I decided to block the constant angry white knight betas on here and I'll say, my experience on Sbr has vastly improved. Almost did Rudy too but he's more positive and being cool now.

Guy wants to keep mentioning my name in every post calling nme a cuck lmao. Talking shit about someone you have on your block list is about as cuck as you get. Hurrys a loser at life with no entertainment value at all.
    Last edited by shari91; 01-09-19 at 08:05 PM.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Exactly and it’s really crappy and sad but that’s just the way it is. So it’s up to us as staff and regular posters to keep an eye out and speak up if we see something odd. It’s not just a matter of relying on IPs. I’m constantly checking them but there are often times you need more than that to justify a ban or the IPs don’t tell you much at all for various reasons. As posters you’ll come into contact with certain others more often than I will whether it’s in poker or the NASCAR forum or NBA or whatever. You’ll focus on that one person for awhile until you decide if they’re suss or not whereas as staff we have to focus on all of you. That’s precisely why we need your help and you’re not a “rat” although I understand why some may feel that way. Minimum post count will unfortunately not help at all and is not feasible for a place this size. We have posters from all over the world who use google translate to get their service plays and picks and don’t feel confident enough to post publicly and/or just don’t wish to although they may PM or email staff from time to time. They’re just as valuable and innocent until proven guilty as the rest of us despite lack of post count. We currently have a minimum To access PMs and yet it doesn’t stop people from attempting to junk post and then blasting our members with crap messages as soon as they reach the minimum. Assholes will asshole no matter what restrictions we try so it’s up to us to learn and strive to do better in the future.

We will. And while we still may fall short from time to time we’ll always be trying to improve and take on feedback from you guys. That’s all I can promise
    The odds of two guys being on the same IP are very low. Police use this to justify kicking down a down so certaintly sbr can. Let's say two guys are using the same VPN service ( again , very low) , just make them provide their IDS

So for instance, say in the rules "If there is reason to suspect pick sharing, duel accounts, etc insert shady activity) SBR requires license and current bill before contest payments can be received".

This way you don't over police but also protect the posters, yourself, and frankly, scare away or deter potential fraud. Right now it's seen as "lets make 20 accounts and go pro with the ones doing well"

So you're only having to do something like that in case of a HIGH suspicion. In the end even Betpoints ARE real money. People try to argue the other fact are morons. Is BTC real money? Yup. Same thing without it being publicly traded.

Chili_Powder
    Chili_Powder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Short term partial solution. I just take down BTP next year so at least the big prize is legit. Ready to start right now.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    A healthy forum has at least 10 regular readers for every regular poster.

We tend to imagine we are the bulk of users as active posters, but if the content is good we are actually a unique minority on the "best" forums out there.
    I think of SBR like that old bar on Cheers,pretty much know all the regulars.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave packerd_00 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RudyRuetigger

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

my biggest thrill at sbr resulted from that asian girl who used to be at sbr focusing on my ip address for a month or two and then deciding to post a "ghost video" saying I was billy loco....

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post

Chaoz, my brother from a different mother, I missed you pal.

Thank you for the kindness pal and yeah, I was simply an easy mark... no person would argue what I did wasn't bad. Maybe a sticky situation at the most, but turned out well, she came back to her BF and my friend doesn't know and we still pals.
    Last edited by shari91; 01-09-19 at 08:06 PM. Reason: typo

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    no person would argue what I did was bad.
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you are so bad you never should have been allowed back.

And the fact you don't think trying to intimidate and threaten an office full of innocent people over your anger issues is not bad, proves immediately this was a mistake.

At least it wont be my job when you do exactly the same or worse again.

Over/Under 3 months before you are abusing and threatening people.

O/U 3 weeks until you are crying daily that people are mean to you

HurryUpAndDrink

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you are so bad you never should have been allowed back.

And the fact you don't think trying to intimidate and threaten an office full of innocent people over your anger issues is not bad, proves immediately this was a mistake.

At least it wont be my job when you do exactly the same or worse again.

Over/Under 3 months before you are abusing and threatening people.

O/U 3 weeks until you are crying daily that people are mean to you
    That was a typo, clearly, I meant the contrary... "no person would argue what I did wasn't bad" is what I wanted to say

I do think is a hilarious response from you tho... you get triggered easily.
    Last edited by HurryUpAndDrink; 01-09-19 at 06:23 PM.

jts1207

That was a typo, clearly, I meant the contrary... "no person would argue what I did was bad" is what I wanted to say

Great start. Nothing's changed. I'll take the under

Optional

That was a typo, clearly, I meant the contrary... "no person would argue what I did wasn't bad" is what I wanted to say

So you think it's hilarious that I am shocked you would dare say no one would "think I was bad"!!!!!!

And then come back with some BS about a typo and laughing.

No stepping back from your threats, or apology for what you did I see still.

And yeah, NOW I am triggered by you smart guy.

Any excuse to boot you will be taken. Happy you "triggered" me now?

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Why was this moved out of saloon ?

Odd

HurryUpAndDrink

So you think it's hilarious that I am shocked you would dare say no one would "think I was bad"!!!!!!

And then come back with some BS about a typo and laughing.

No stepping back from your threats, or apology for what you did I see still.

And yeah, NOW I am triggered by you smart guy.

Any excuse to boot you will be taken. Happy you "triggered" me now?
    I think situations like what happened are better off defused and left alone...

You could also talk to the person who unbanned me, who I was told is the boss around here besides Lou and John, maybe ask him for the documents he has regarding what really transpired between SBR and me last year.

You want me to argue with you over a decision someone who has MORE authority than you took? really? I don't get it, you have been a mod for a decade or more and you really think antagonizing me is a better idea than, talking to your coworker perhaps?

BOL, Opti

jts1207

You could also talk to the person who unbanned me, who I was told is the boss around here besides Lou and John, maybe ask him for the documents he has regarding what really transpired between SBR and me last year.

You want me to argue with you over a decision someone who has MORE authority than you took? really? I don't get it, you have been a mod for a decade or more and you really think antagonizing me is a better idea than, talking to your coworker perhaps?

BOL, Opti
    Wow. This will be shorter than I thought. Lol

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Drinker fails to mention he made the threat on the exact day a office shooting occurred in the states. What was he gone 3 months?

Opti sharp are as a nail here.

Wish I could quote an email I received from someone but I won’t.

I better stop stop or I’ll get called out for attacking and then told no one twist my arm to be here.

Optional

BOL, Opti
    I have no problem with Drew making any decision he likes.

My problem is you saying this

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink
    no person would argue what I did was bad.
    And then your response.

Anyway, congrats on triggering me pal.

One step out of line and you will need to be begging Drew for a return yet again.

First ... 13141516171819 ... Last