Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I doubt IAG would have had a problem before she decided to post like bart simpson "no one saw me so you cant prove it" and buried herself.

And if she wants to support people cheating, a bit rich to say that she should not be treated as a cheat herself.

If SBR could be sure BuffaloNickle controlled more than one of these accounts I doubt they would have been paid.

But can't be reneging on a 10k contest prize based on suspicion. That's not fair to anyone either.

so did IAG get paid?

or did she not get paid due to suspicion?? I'm honestly asking because I didn't follow the bart simpson analogy.

did Derailer get any punishment due to suspicion? as in banning, stripping of Pro status, limiting contests in future?

seems odd to be willing to do anything punitive if its really only on Suspicion but not willing to actually let the paying pro members be made Whole and think its fair to them to not get paid the amount they deserve instead of a cheater?
    Last edited by Chi_archie; 01-02-19 at 05:35 AM.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Her/it's posts read like an admission of guilt.

Banned and not paid.

Chili_Powder
    Chili_Powder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    I didn't really read much of that other thread other than first and last page.

I know IAG from a few other boards that aren't really active anymore and doubt she would knowingly take part in a scam or fraud. She's a very kind and charitable person to people on and off the boards. She also often runs contests offering her own $ as a prizes, just for fun. Which is the exact opposite of a forum scammer. My best guess would be she knows the person behind the Derailer name from another forum.

Derailer must run the Danica account and maybe there are others.

the 5 posts that I read from derailer in the think tank are most definitely NOT her posting style.

prob an old think tanker like Justin7 that got burned in the betislands fiasco and is a sharp gambler and bet vulnerable lines on multiple accounts and also told his forum buddies the angle shooting picks.

fun shanigans

Enough with the IAG “living saint” spiel. There was a connection, SBR wasn’t comfortable making rulings on anything that in their mind was less than 100.00% guilty.
    Last edited by Chili_Powder; 01-02-19 at 05:56 AM.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by Chili_Powder View Post
    Enough with the IAG “living saint” spiel. There’s was a connection, SBR wasn’t comfortable making rulings on anything less than 100%.

they made rulings though, right?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    Her/it's posts read like an admission of guilt.

Banned and not paid.

I didn't see them?

can you link them or copy past them, at gym on phone and search function too little to use ATM

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

it would be hilarious if it was trixtrix

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

so did IAG get paid?

or did she not get paid due to suspicion?? I'm honestly asking because I didn't follow the bart simpson analogy.

did Derailer get any punishment due to suspicion? as in banning, stripping of Pro status, limiting contests in future?

seems odd to be willing to do anything punitive if its really only on Suspicion but not willing to actually let the paying pro members be made Whole and think its fair to them to not get paid the amount they deserve instead of a cheater?
    I thought they all got paid but either banned or not allowed in future contests.

Refusing service on suspicion is not in the same realm as not paying out a big prize, after the result is known, on suspicion I don't think.

I am glad I didn't have to make the decision. But would have leaned toward not paying at least Derailer and DanicaFantastica if there was any sign of decent evidence to lean on.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

I didn't see them?

can you link them or copy past them, at gym on phone and search function too little to use ATM
    Also on my phone and the thread is 20 pages. Maybe Aig did get paid and it was danica that didn't.

Were able to prove 2 were from the same household if I read it correctly.

The circumstantial evidence was so overwhelming they'd all be doing life for murder. Amazing they paid when they know damn well they were scammed.

RudyRuetigger

spreadsheet all plays, even before nonpros were taken out

see how picks align either together AND opposite picks from same games for everyone

to be honest, i dont know how requiring IDs can help...having to be a pro before week 1 is the biggest (but none of the winning ones were nonpro into this contest anyway)

Alright Alright
    Alright Alright's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I think this scam will hurt all of us here at SBR in one very big way = NO MORE BEAT THE PRICK CONTEST!

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Well first of all, no one has been paid yet. But derailer will get paid his 10k but he is banned from future contests. They determined that Danica was Derailer so they Dqed her from the contest but allowed Derailer since that was the original forum name.

IAG gets paid but gets banned from any future contests

Chili_Powder

they made rulings though, right?

Yes. With the stance they took on the ruling, it makes it that if an individual(s) are capable and determined, it is nearly impossible to bust them. The odds of those 3 having 4/5 picks the same week after after week all the way through the contest was statistically a lower % than winning the powerball, substantially lower. There was a connection, a very strong one.

Are they going to enforce something like that next year? I think it seems like they are going to try to. What will be the cutoff for % of picks the same be before entrants are penalized? It will ultimately come down to a judgement decision, the same as this year. People that want to can always get around IP issues. Requiring ID’s would make it more difficult, but can also be gotten around by simply having friends join in.

I think everyone agrees that there needs to be better safeguards and security for future contests. I think it needs to include a strong measure of penalties that covers entrants who’s picks have a strong correlation with others, ie substantially lower % of occurring than winning the powerball. Imo this should not be “Beyond a shadow of a doubt”, but rather the “Reasonable doubt” standard. With this standard as a contest rule all 3 would have been DQ’d.
    Last edited by Chili_Powder; 01-02-19 at 07:09 AM.

playersonly69

By the way IAG came clean about one thing. She said that Derailer would call her and tell her to join certain contests and derailer gave her the picks since she didnt have time.

By the way I am still not sure that it isnt just one person, but oh well at least IAG admitted that. IAG claimed to not know anything about the scheme until 2 weeks ago. (bullshit)

IAG actually claimed that she never even looked at the standings and didnt think that her ID IAG would win anything
    Last edited by playersonly69; 01-02-19 at 06:42 AM.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    By the way IAG came clean about one thing. She said that Derailer would call her and tell her to join certain contests and derailer gave her the picks since she didnt have time.

By the way I am still not sure that it isnt just one person, but oh well at least IAG admitted that. IAG claimed to not know anything about the scheme until 2 weeks ago. (bullshit)

IAG actually claimed that she never even looked at the standings and didnt think that her ID IAG would win anything
    Yet all of those clowns were piling on me

WOW

RudyRuetigger

With all the sbr tech guys and girls I don't think it'll be hard to make a software to catch this.

Basically like pokertracker except sports picks

Might need a stats guy as well

But not only do same picks need tracked, opposites do as well

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Is derailer giving her picks a crime? The only crime I see is derailer using a ghost. I’m sure there are people who get picks from sources not their own. If you really think that way about her, then you shouldn’t play in any contests that she’s involved in across the street.

her not knowing the standings? That doesn’t surprise me, she just likes the action.

I dont understand why why she is banned here, yet derailer is allowed to post.

RudyRuetigger

Iag shouldve been calling derailer and asking wtf are doing, get over here and post so you don't lose your $10,000

I'm on mobile and can't check now, what did derailer post here?

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

What is illegal about someone saying “come join this contest”

RockBottom

Why don’t you post what she posted instead of your interpretation to serve your needs.

RockBottom

PO - I remember when IAG paid you for Barman stiffing in the auction just to shut you up. She wasn’t even in it. You should send that blood money back.

So someone can’t send a link via PM at another site to join a contest? Elaborate scam.

playersonly69

That didnt take long to wake up bigdeemer for this post.

Well played deemer

playersonly69

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    PO - I remember when IAG paid you for Barman stiffing in the auction just to shut you up. She wasn’t even in it.

So someone can’t send a link via PM at another site to join a contest? Elaborate scam.
    Well in the other thread I stopped really talking anout her. But it was obvious that derailer and danica were the same person.

And the more she started to talk about the situation it made her seem guilty

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    PO - I remember when IAG paid you for Barman stiffing in the auction just to shut you up. She wasn’t even in it. You should send that blood money back.

Pretty weird you know derailer can post here when he hasn't since 12/29

Or he just decided to create an account across the street to defend himself instead of here?

RudyRuetigger

Wow

They could have a fukkin movie about this If it was the hilton contest

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

for those keeping scoring at home who want the cliffnotes:

iag -- banned and not paid
    danica -- banned and not paid
    derailer -- banned and paid 10k

correct?

BigDeem5

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post

Or he just decided to create an account across the street to defend himself instead of here?
    Lmao you’re a verified moron. That was a ghost made by mods to make fun of your dumbass

Chili_Powder

Wow

They could have a fukkin movie about this If it was the hilton contest
    Supercontest is limited to 2 entries. It would be interesting to know their exact criteria for entrants circumventing that rule

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Lmao you’re a verified moron. That was a ghost made by mods to make fun of your dumbass
    holy fukk

That's my point

How does rockbottom know that derailer can post here since he hasnt

BigDeem5

Is it possible IAG was told about contests by derailer

And derailer and Danica are same person?

And IAG is separate?

Alright Alright
    Alright Alright's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I got banned a few years ago for signing my brother up for SBR from my apartment using a VPN. SBR told me at that time they had the capability to see both IP addresses, my original and the VPN? This was in 2011 because I watched
    #1 LSU beat #2 Alabama 9-6 in the "Game of the Century" from the hospital. LSU won in OT. LSU went 3-3 on FGs & Alabama went 2-6 on FGs. I'm sorry! I got off on a tangent!
    Last edited by Alright Alright; 01-02-19 at 07:30 AM.

RockBottom

I have no idea who derailer is, not do I care. I saw a post that said their pro status was revoked, but IAG was banned. Maybe derailer is banned.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

And IAG is separate?
    seems to be what happened to me at least

RockBottom

And IAG is separate?
    Yes, that’s what it looks like.

For the people concerned, SBR was paying IAG, but she declined it I’m sure PO would have done the same.

First 12345 ... Last