19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10238

She's A Sharp Runaway, But No Cherry Bomb

Answer: She was the bassist in 1970s rock band The Runaways —
    and is now the reigning “Jeopardy!” champion.

Question: Who is Jackie Fuchs?

“Jeopardy!” host Alex Trebek dropped a cherry bomb of a reveal this week when he revealed that Fuchs, who has won three games in a row coming into Thursday, was a founding member of the infamous punk girl group that started the careers of Joan Jett and Lita Ford, playing bass under the name Jackie Fox between 1975 and 1977.
    The teen rockstar-turned-attorney made her first appearance on Dec. 14 and won for the fourth time Wednesday night by correctly answering a question about the poet Dylan Thomas.
    “I told the producers that I wouldn’t talk about it unless I made it to day three, because I don’t want that to be just who I am, you know?,” Fuchs told Pitchfork Magazine. “I wanted people to get to know my more fun, quirky side.”
    “But I had to talk about it because we have some really great fans and I thought it would be nice to acknowledge them in that way,” she added.
    When she was just 15-years-old, California-native Fuchs joined Joan Jett, Cherie Currie, Sandy West and Lita Ford on tour around the world — opening for groups like Cheap Trick, Van Halen, The Talking Heads and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. She left the band, famous for their hit “Cherry Bomb,” while on their Japan tour in 1977 and was replaced by Vicki Blue.
    In 2015, she revealed that the band’s manager Kim Fowley raped her when she was 16 in 1976 while her bandmates were present.
    Fowley, who died at 75 in early 2015, had denied having any inappropriate relationships with the girls. Jett and Currie denied witnessing the alleged assault.
    Fuchs told Pitchfork that talking about the alleged assault in public prepared her for being on the show.
    “Once you can talk about that on camera, an audience isn’t going to faze you,” Fuchs said. “It’s kind of like that’s the worst thing that can happen to you, so you know, losing a game show is not fun, but it just pales in comparison.”
    The hard-rocking frontwoman Jett sued Fuchs in 2009 for trying to block the band’s biopic titled “The Runaways.”
    The movie, starring Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart, was released in 2010. Fuchs was played by Alia Shawkat.
    After leaving the band, Fuchs pursued her education, graduating from UCLA and then Harvard Law School. She’s appeared on other game shows including “The Chase” and “Who Wants to be a Millionaire?”

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20385

I'd hit it with the lights off.