billyloco
    et5tdFRy
    billyloco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1620

The best jog is on a beach! I lived in Boca Raton for 4 years and seriously was on the beach 6 days a week! Been in Atlanta for 30 yrs but finally buying a place in Tybee Isl GA.I need this KETO NOW!!

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Hey guys

Wanted to chime in and let those interested know that this Keto diet is NO JOKE

I have shed weight, about 12 pounds since new years, but there are other beneficial side effects I have noticed like an easier time falling asleep and better mental focus.

The big difference with this as opposed to other types of diets I've tried or heard about is you aren't that hungry. My main staples on this diet are:

-For breakfast I have scrambled eggs cooked in grass fed ghee, an avocado, macadamia nuts, sometimes bacon, and unsweetened coffee or green tea. I put unsweetened almond milk and gouda cheese in the scrambled eggs and put a dollop of sour cream on the plate too. I'll also have a bit of blueberries or strawberries sometimes.

-If I'm hungry for a snack I'll do a piece of dark chocolate dipped in organic no sugar added peanut butter, cucumber salad in xvirgin olive oil with italian seasonings, piece of cheese, walnuts/pecans/macadamia nuts, or all of the above.

-Dinner I'll do wild caught seafood like scallops/salmon cooked in butter and seasonings or steak/hamburger (grass fed when possible) with melted cheese to the side or on top, broccoli, some bone broth to drink (sounds gross but tastes pretty good), and some almond milk to drink.

There are other things I'll throw in sometimes which I'm probably forgetting, and when I eat out it isn't exactly what was mentioned, but the main thing is no/very low carbs, high fat, and of course no sugar.

I think the big difference with this is like I said, you aren't that hungry, so it's sustainable compared to other diets where you starve and eventually give in and balloon back to your previous weight or more. For years experts have been preaching low fat but that fat is natural and humans lived off of it for hundreds of thousands of years. What's not natural is processed sugar and other carbs which quickly spike your blood sugar for a quick high. Seems these food manufacturers are pretty much soft drug pushers and North America has been their obese, hooked customers for awhile.

One thing I am worried about though is things like cholesterol levels, blood pressure, etc. Hard to believe if I'm losing weight they could be getting worse but I'm going to have bloodwork done at the end of the month to check.

If any of you want to lose weight without going nuts starving yourself give this a try
    Last edited by dlowilly; 01-25-19 at 08:51 PM.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Hey guys

Wanted to chime in and let those interested know that this Keto diet is NO JOKE

I have shed weight, about 12 pounds since new years, but there are other beneficial side effects I have noticed like an easier time falling asleep and better mental focus.

The big difference with this as opposed to other types of diets I've tried or heard about is you aren't that hungry. My main staples on this diet are:

-For breakfast I have scrambled eggs cooked in grass fed ghee, an avocado, macadamia nuts, sometimes bacon, and unsweetened coffee or green tea. I put unsweetened almond milk and gouda cheese in the scrambled eggs and put a dollop of sour cream on the plate too. I'll also have a bit of blueberries or strawberries sometimes.

-If I'm hungry for a snack I'll do a piece of dark chocolate dipped in organic no sugar added peanut butter, cucumber salad in xvirgin olive oil with italian seasonings, piece of cheese, walnuts/pecans/macadamia nuts, or all of the above.

-Dinner I'll do wild caught seafood like scallops/salmon cooked in butter and seasonings or steak/hamburger (grass fed when possible) with melted cheese to the side or on top, broccoli, some bone broth to drink (sounds gross but tastes pretty good), and some almond milk to drink.

There are other things I'll throw in sometimes which I'm probably forgetting, and when I eat out it isn't exactly what was mentioned, but the main thing is no/very low carbs, high fat, and of course no sugar.

I think the big difference with this is like I said, you aren't that hungry, so it's sustainable compared to other diets where you starve and eventually give in and balloon back to your previous weight or more. For years experts have been preaching low fat but that fat is natural and humans lived off of it for hundreds of thousands of years. What's not natural is processed sugar and other carbs which quickly spike your blood sugar for a quick high. Seems these food manufacturers are pretty much soft drug pushers and North America has been their obese, hooked customers for awhile.

One thing I am worried about though is things like cholesterol levels, blood pressure, etc. Hard to believe if I'm losing weight they could be getting worse but I'm going to have bloodwork done at the end of the month to check.

If any of you want to lose weight without going nuts starving yourself give this a try
    Been doing it for years. I went from 235 to 175. I'm still at that weight and almost 40. I lift 4x a week and do a little cardio/core. It's really not a "diet" though I get why people say it. It's just using your fat for energy instead of glycogen and forcing your body to. Just make sure you get enough protein so you don't break down muscle.

Glad it's going well for everyone. Ez way of eating to stick to for meat and fat loving men as well lol.

EDIT: Damn man we eat almost identical lol. Also as he said you can make your own sweets with coconut oil and such for the occasional treat, or 85% cocoa chocolate, halo top ice cream, etc. There are millions of reciples online, websites, reddit, etc.

I have to force myself to eat even working out because your blood sugar is so stable you dont' get cravings unless you're actually hungry

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Might be an effective way to lose weight but they should call it the limp dick diet

I returned to eating normal and was relieved to have a normal functioning rooster again

First ... 2345