TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

This thread has amazing potential. I never knew there would be so many different opinions on all of these diets? Different eating patterns etc. And beliefs.

I think me and d2bets are the only ones who believe in the nutritional value on a solid bowl of oatmeal. I don't put anything in mine... but if you don't feel the energy high after one??? Then there's something wrong with you. Furthermore, the carbohydrates IMO breakdown perfectly in your body. (It does for me.) If you took 250 calories from oatmeal compared to 250 calories from another carb.... it's not the same. When consuming the oatmeal... you don't really feel it weighing you down... like other carbs.

You don't even have to do the regular serving size of oatmeal.... (which is 40g) you could do.... 30g... or 25g. It has huge value for any type of diet. Of course people who do Keto would disagree.

Here's a diet test that works.... if you're using a roll of toilet paper to wipe your ass after taking a sh#$.... your diet is fukked up. If you break one off without the need of wiping. It means your diet is excellent. Truth.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

. If you break one off without the need of wiping. It means your diet is excellent. Truth.

Or dehydrated and in need of fiber

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Another superfood carb that I love that makes me feel great that keto folks will swear off is lentils. Lentil soup is one of my very favorites. Super healthy and delicious. Only problem is you'll want to eat more than you should. Has lots of fiber, so don't completely overdo it. Of course other beans are great too -- kidney, black, white, etc.

Again, Bob's Red Mill is good and just basically use the recipe on the package, cooked longer.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11648

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Mills View Post
    Would like to hear from others who have experience with this diet. I am very interested in it.
    Do it. I went from 207 to 175 eating foods I love.

Breakfast: Bulletproof coffee ... that's coffee w/ unsweetened butter and coconut oil dumped in.

Typical snack (as desired): Wasabi soy almonds and/or beef jerky.

Typical lunch: Egg salad w/ olives or Salad bowl at Chipotle

Typical dinner: Steak (throw mayo on that bitch) w/ a veggie, like cauliflower.

Cheese is fine, harder cheese better than soft cheeses for some reason.

-

NO: Pizza, bread, soda, ice cream, potatoes

That's pretty much it. I'm about 185 and will be back on strict keto in January, probably through April or something. It's the only diet I ever went on, but I love it.

Frank Mills
    Frank Mills's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL It's so funny.... as a former vegan your last sentence there is very true. It really is. I think everyone in this thread has exp with diet and is obv passionate about it too. I enjoy all the posts.
    This thread has amazing potential. I never knew there would be so many different opinions on all of these diets? Different eating patterns etc. And beliefs.

I think me and d2bets are the only ones who believe in the nutritional value on a solid bowl of oatmeal. I don't put anything in mine... but if you don't feel the energy high after one??? Then there's something wrong with you. Furthermore, the carbohydrates IMO breakdown perfectly in your body. (It does for me.) If you took 250 calories from oatmeal compared to 250 calories from another carb.... it's not the same. When consuming the oatmeal... you don't really feel it weighing you down... like other carbs.

You don't even have to do the regular serving size of oatmeal.... (which is 40g) you could do.... 30g... or 25g. It has huge value for any type of diet. Of course people who do Keto would disagree.

Here's a diet test that works.... if you're using a roll of toilet paper to wipe your ass after taking a sh#$.... your diet is fukked up. If you break one off without the need of wiping. It means your diet is excellent. Truth.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    people are built different

some need a lifestyle day in and day out and tiny incremental changes over a looooong time

others are 2.2 steps forward 2 steps back type of people

some people thrive on big changes, and need a jump start radical change to pique their interest.

the right way for you is not the right for most others

and that's ok
    This is very true.

You really have to learn your body. It took me years of sports, trial and error to figure it what I responded to.

You can even get down to reps and weight for each muscle.

For example, my biceps do well with lighter weight and higher reps but my triceps do better with lower reps and heavy ass weight. It’s really weird.

Same thing with diets. I do better eating small portions more frequently. If I eat three times a day I put on weight. If I eat 5-6 I lose weight and have more energy.

Mad props to anyone trying to better themselves. It’s not easy but worth it.

Frank Mills

Yes you obv are grooved w/ Keto diet and on point with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post

Breakfast: Bulletproof coffee ... that's coffee w/ unsweetened butter and coconut oil dumped in.

-

That's pretty much it. I'm about 185 and will be back on strict keto in January, probably through April or something. It's the only diet I ever went on, but I love it.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11648

Yes you obv are grooved w/ Keto diet and on point with this.
    Also - do it with your wife or girlfriend. Good way to stick to it and also she's a girl so they're always dieting and you'll look like a champ when you lose 10 to her 1.
    Points Awarded:

homie1975 gave ByeShea 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

Also - do it with your wife or girlfriend. Good way to stick to it and also she's a girl so they're always dieting and you'll look like a champ when you lose 10 to her 1.

Frank Mills

Trust me I try but she has to have the interest. I can talk to her till blue in face but the desire has to come from with in. She is thin but healthy lifestyles / diets today is so much more than losing weight.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3026

-

You nailed a few of my favorites, bulletproof coffee, Chipotle salads, and mayo on steak and veggies, Chipotle lime mayo from primal kitchen is my go to.

Frank Mills

Check out this Keto link guys: https://www.ruled.me/start-here/

Very cool ^^^^^^^

Frank Mills

Keto Strips came in mail. Used them and they are showing about in the middle or even darker.

Feeling good ! feeling lean ...energy maybe starting to come back after a few days of weirdness. Cooking off good food, etc.

Frank Mills

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Another superfood carb that I love that makes me feel great that keto folks will swear off is lentils. Lentil soup is one of my very favorites. Super healthy and delicious. Only problem is you'll want to eat more than you should. Has lots of fiber, so don't completely overdo it. Of course other beans are great too -- kidney, black, white, etc.

Again, Bob's Red Mill is good and just basically use the recipe on the package, cooked longer.
    I make lentil soup and freeze it, I make it by the gallons. So the oatmeal in the morning and some lentil soup. so many easy recipes for lentil soup, easy peasy. We have a similar diet my friend.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Keto Strips came in mail. Used them and they are showing about in the middle or even darker.

Feeling good ! feeling lean ...energy maybe starting to come back after a few days of weirdness. Cooking off good food, etc.
    now one more fun fact, since you are going to be eating a ton of fat and protein my suggestion to you is to stay away from too much red meat cooked on hot metal. it produces carcinogens and isn't great for you, prepare it in some other fashion. If you get into this diet, you should attempt to eat these fats/proteins the safest way possible.

best to stay away from too much red meat altogether, but you are eliminating almost everything else so it will be difficult.

just a suggestion, do some research.

Frank Mills

yea thanks man

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

yea thanks man
    good luck, get super healthy.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    now one more fun fact, since you are going to be eating a ton of fat and protein my suggestion to you is to stay away from too much red meat cooked on hot metal. it produces carcinogens and isn't great for you, prepare it in some other fashion. If you get into this diet, you should attempt to eat these fats/proteins the safest way possible.

best to stay away from too much red meat altogether, but you are eliminating almost everything else so it will be difficult.

just a suggestion, do some research.
    Hippie shit.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Yes you'll lag especially if it's your first time. Even when I have cheat days and lift/get back in the next day you'll lag a little.

It's like doing blow when You hit your stride and really start becoming adapted. I was/am flying off the wall constantly despite Mostly late nights and heavy drinking.

TheMoneyShot

So fruits are good on the Keto Diet? Thought you had to stay away from carbs/sugars? Are you allowed a certain percentage?

Looks good regardless.... make me hungry. I'm craving carbs just looking at it.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

One thing that I noticed when I did the keto diet super strict this summer is that when my body started regularly burning fat instead of fueling it with carbs, that was when I felt kinda funky. Once you burn off the old shit though, you feel great. I think my body fat had been still around from when I was drinking rather heavily. I don't know i there is any scientific evidence for this assumption, but I felt like I was getting a little stoned at first. I am back 2 days on the keto train and feeling good.

Frank Mills

I have been sober for a lot of years. I only know a little bit about blow. I went str8 from smoking weed to smoking crack and then didn't give a F*** about weed, lol. Yep ...Keto going good though. Just did another Keto strip and it wasn't as dark as it was yesterday. I think that may be just from adjusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Yes you'll lag especially if it's your first time. Even when I have cheat days and lift/get back in the next day you'll lag a little.

It's like doing blow when You hit your stride and really start becoming adapted. I was/am flying off the wall constantly despite Mostly late nights and heavy drinking.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Hippie shit.
    actually science shit my friend.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Hippie shit.
    actually, science shit my friend.
    https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/...ats-fact-sheet

NATIONAL CANCER INSTITUTE, peer-reviewed and 33 references.

TheMoneyShot

So without doing more research into Keto on the internet... and just taking bits and pieces from what posters are saying in this thread....

The hypothesis in a way.... is saying... the body will store more "FATS" if you are taking in carbs? Just take in fat and no carbs.... hence the body will eventually burn the fat into energy? But what I'm saying is... why would you put more Fat in your body... on top of the fat you already have? Wouldn't you still feel bloated? Furthermore, how many calories of just FATS and PROTEINS are you anticipating putting into your body daily? Anyone have their own chart they'd like to share?

It's hard to really calculate what I put into my body when exclusively DIETING on my plan. I'm probably putting around 300g carbs in 24 hours. I think my protein is well above 200g+ daily. Fat intake is probably around 20g pushing 25g. I've posted photos before (NO FAGGGG) I'm sure people have seen my results. But, by the same token... it's what you are trying to accomplish and satisfied with. It also matters how dedicated you are at the gym and how much you have time for in your daily life.

While on the diet above... factor in an hour of weight lifting 4 times a week. Factor in 30 minutes of high cardio 4 times a week. Quite possibly I'm buring those 300g of carbs all the way down? Close to nothing? Who knows?

I just have a hard time believing that any collegiate athlete or even professional athlete is on the Keto Diet. They push proper carbohydrates and explain it to you why it's so important.

I'm not totally knocking Keto out and saying I'll never try it... one day I might. But, I will say this... when high fats enter my body... it makes me hungrier. I don't want that. I don't want to look at a clock and fight hunger pain telling me when it's time to eat again. (Because I know this will happen.)

Just like D2Bets said above.... when you eat small sensible meals... you're fine and balanced. You eat when you're hungry. Seems pretty simple.

It's almost like you have to be a robot while dieting. It sucks. I hate eating the same things over and over again... but I do it to stay lean and healthy. I'll eat those big restaurant style cans of tuna... 1 every 36 hours... and go to the next. People say are you scared of the mercury? Are you scared of the sh#$ in the water? I say... I've been smelling and listening to peoples sh#$ my entire life.... is it any different to what I'm eating? lol I've been doing this diet for at least 7+ years off and on. I like being ripped. If you want to bulk up... get testosterone. As we age... it's true it depletes. There's nothing more you can do. It's human nature. You can't be ripped and BULK simultaneously.... unless you are injecting testosterone. It's simply the truth.

It's all about what you want to accomplish in your diet. Do you want MASS? Or do you want SPEED? You can't have BOTH.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Based on the app that I use and goals I put in here are the #'s
    72G Net Carbs
    -carbs are the broken into fiber and other crabs so you don't stop eating good stuff like salad
    168G Fat
    150G Protein
    2401 Net Calories per day

This diet will shred fat but only to a point until you have to modify the fat intake. That was my experience at least. I plateaued after 4 months basically eating anything I wanted that wasn't a carb. I went from around 220 to 190 in 4 months but I also train HIIT 3 days a week so the fat melted off. It was super steady too - 2 lbs a week like clockwork. I think to get to 180 I need to refine the diet a bit and do more lean protein and less animal fat.

For people who train like you TMS there are modified keto diets where you only bring your body into ketosis a few days a week and selectively eat carbs before workouts. With the amount of protein you eat and the types of carbs you ingest, you are kind of already doing that. Anyways it worked for me - I am not TMS shredded but have abs and definition now where before I looked like an in shape fat guy.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3026

I'm staying around 20g of carbs, Max 50g but it's rare.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24926

Does the Keto diet yield better results than the Keno diet?

My Uncle Abner did the Keno diet for years. He'd just order chili dogs with rings and suds at the Keno parlor and stuff his pie-hole while he filled out Keno cards with crayons and sat on his ass for hours on end. His physique wasn't all that great. Some might even call him fat, others, disgusting.... others yet, grotesque... others yet again, doctors, for instance, morbidly obese. So I can't say that any of these aforementioned adjectives are a ringing endorsement for the Keno diet.

Frank Mills

I'm taking it you are a body builder ? Is that correct ? Take a look at people like Rich Piana = Dead, ZYZZ = Dead + a lot more. The Keto diet is tough to do. You have to really keep the focus on getting fats in ya and even though Monosaturated is been focused on by Mediterranean diet, etc ..Keto science shows that Saturated fats are fine too ( mainly stay away from Transfats) which Keto by default is such a clean diet. So, much I don't eat now that I used to. Also, on Keto I drink water only( kind of like I did when I was strict vegan ) Again, even though people here high fat and red meat and saturated fat , it's a very clean diet. Check out this dude: https://www.ruled.me/ross-tew/
    So without doing more research into Keto on the internet... and just taking bits and pieces from what posters are saying in this thread....

The hypothesis in a way.... is saying... the body will store more "FATS" if you are taking in carbs? Just take in fat and no carbs.... hence the body will eventually burn the fat into energy? But what I'm saying is... why would you put more Fat in your body... on top of the fat you already have? Wouldn't you still feel bloated? Furthermore, how many calories of just FATS and PROTEINS are you anticipating putting into your body daily? Anyone have their own chart they'd like to share?

It's hard to really calculate what I put into my body when exclusively DIETING on my plan. I'm probably putting around 300g carbs in 24 hours. I think my protein is well above 200g+ daily. Fat intake is probably around 20g pushing 25g. I've posted photos before (NO FAGGGG) I'm sure people have seen my results. But, by the same token... it's what you are trying to accomplish and satisfied with. It also matters how dedicated you are at the gym and how much you have time for in your daily life.

While on the diet above... factor in an hour of weight lifting 4 times a week. Factor in 30 minutes of high cardio 4 times a week. Quite possibly I'm buring those 300g of carbs all the way down? Close to nothing? Who knows?

I just have a hard time believing that any collegiate athlete or even professional athlete is on the Keto Diet. They push proper carbohydrates and explain it to you why it's so important.

I'm not totally knocking Keto out and saying I'll never try it... one day I might. But, I will say this... when high fats enter my body... it makes me hungrier. I don't want that. I don't want to look at a clock and fight hunger pain telling me when it's time to eat again. (Because I know this will happen.)

Just like D2Bets said above.... when you eat small sensible meals... you're fine and balanced. You eat when you're hungry. Seems pretty simple.

It's almost like you have to be a robot while dieting. It sucks. I hate eating the same things over and over again... but I do it to stay lean and healthy. I'll eat those big restaurant style cans of tuna... 1 every 36 hours... and go to the next. People say are you scared of the mercury? Are you scared of the sh#$ in the water? I say... I've been smelling and listening to peoples sh#$ my entire life.... is it any different to what I'm eating? lol I've been doing this diet for at least 7+ years off and on. I like being ripped. If you want to bulk up... get testosterone. As we age... it's true it depletes. There's nothing more you can do. It's human nature. You can't be ripped and BULK simultaneously.... unless you are injecting testosterone. It's simply the truth.

It's all about what you want to accomplish in your diet. Do you want MASS? Or do you want SPEED? You can't have BOTH.

Eddy Munny

I'm taking it you are a body builder ? Is that correct ? Take a look at people like Rich Piana = Dead, ZYZZ = Dead + a lot more. The Keto diet is tough to do. You have to really keep the focus on getting fats in ya and even though Monosaturated is been focused on by Mediterranean diet, etc ..Keto science shows that Saturated fats are fine too ( mainly stay away from Transfats) which Keto by default is such a clean diet. So, much I don't eat now that I used to. Also, on Keto I drink water only( kind of like I did when I was strict vegan ) Again, even though people here high fat and red meat and saturated fat , it's a very clean diet. Check out this dude: https://www.ruled.me/ross-tew/
    No, I ain't no fukking bodybuilder. So just because someone lurks in a thread about dieting and whatnot you surmise that they're probably bodybuilders? Nice leap there, Einstein. As for the rest of your post, it really does nothing to answer my question. Furthermore, I never stated that my Uncle Abner ate crayons like you insinuate in your reply, only that he used them to fill out Keno cards. Then you go on to say that saturated fats are okay, but not for transgenders. I don't follow your logic, if that's even what you call it. It's people like you that give the entire Mediterranean community a bad name.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Based on the app that I use and goals I put in here are the #'s
    72G Net Carbs
    -carbs are the broken into fiber and other crabs so you don't stop eating good stuff like salad
    168G Fat
    150G Protein
    2401 Net Calories per day

This diet will shred fat but only to a point until you have to modify the fat intake. That was my experience at least. I plateaued after 4 months basically eating anything I wanted that wasn't a carb. I went from around 220 to 190 in 4 months but I also train HIIT 3 days a week so the fat melted off. It was super steady too - 2 lbs a week like clockwork. I think to get to 180 I need to refine the diet a bit and do more lean protein and less animal fat.
    Thanks for the numbers and additional info Jake. It gives me an idea of what people are shooting for while on the Keto diet.

I wouldn't consider myself a full blown body builder. I just try to be fit.... and just curious of how my body works. Rich Piana is dead because he injected 20X the doctor recommended dosages of Testosterone, Deca, and other steroid injections. And/or mixing with other narcotics. His entire cardiovascular system was questionable. His heart was enlarged. He was a total mess because he made himself that way.

People have to keep in mind when you inject testosterone.... you should listen to your doctor and what he recommends. Testosterone will make your blood thicker.... it can make your heart enlarged. There's a lot of variables. But clearly Piana was going overboard. If you are going to inject Testosterone.... stay off of narcotics. Cocaine.... etc. You don't have much room for error...

IMO I think pro wrestlers die an early age because they are mixing things when they shouldn't be... while on steroids.

Honestly.... I wish I knew all of this at 18-20 years of age. I wish I knew how to use my natural testosterone properly. I wish I knew how to diet more effectively and efficiently... but that's a part of life... you get the knowledge down the road. And once you understand.... you are considered aged... and you don't have that much natural testosterone left.

But to get back to Keto... it's a very interesting science. I mean... who doesn't like bacon? Roast? T-Bone? I love it. I love all food. But... for some reason... I automatically crave carbs when eating fat. It's uncontrollable.... don't know if the diet would work for me?

Frank Mills

You idiot I was talking to the other dude. Don't make daddy back )))) u
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    No, I ain't no fukking bodybuilder. So just because someone lurks in a thread about dieting and whatnot you surmise that they're probably bodybuilders? Nice leap there, Einstein. As for the rest of your post, it really does nothing to answer my question. Furthermore, I never stated that my Uncle Abner ate crayons like you insinuate in your reply, only that he used them to fill out Keno cards. Then you go on to say that saturated fats are okay, but not for transgenders. I don't follow your logic, if that's even what you call it. It's people like you that give the entire Mediterranean community a bad name.

Frank Mills

Red meat is only a part of it. Check this out a bit more: https://www.ruled.me/
    Thanks for the numbers and additional info Jake. It gives me an idea of what people are shooting for while on the Keto diet.

I wouldn't consider myself a full blown body builder. I just try to be fit.... and just curious of how my body works. Rich Piana is dead because he injected 20X the doctor recommended dosages of Testosterone, Deca, and other steroid injections. And/or mixing with other narcotics. His entire cardiovascular system was questionable. His heart was enlarged. He was a total mess because he made himself that way.

People have to keep in mind when you inject testosterone.... you should listen to your doctor and what he recommends. Testosterone will make your blood thicker.... it can make your heart enlarged. There's a lot of variables. But clearly Piana was going overboard. If you are going to inject Testosterone.... stay off of narcotics. Cocaine.... etc. You don't have much room for error...

IMO I think pro wrestlers die an early age because they are mixing things when they shouldn't be... while on steroids.

Honestly.... I wish I knew all of this at 18-20 years of age. I wish I knew how to use my natural testosterone properly. I wish I knew how to diet more effectively and efficiently... but that's a part of life... you get the knowledge down the road. And once you understand.... you are considered aged... and you don't have that much natural testosterone left.

But to get back to Keto... it's a very interesting science. I mean... who doesn't like bacon? Roast? T-Bone? I love it. I love all food. But... for some reason... I automatically crave carbs when eating fat. It's uncontrollable.... don't know if the diet would work for me?

Eddy Munny

You idiot I was talking to the other dude. Don't make daddy back )))) u
    What other dude? I'm the one who posed a question about the Keto diet and then you immediately replied with a post regarding the Keto diet. So now because you've confirmed that I'm not a bodybuilder you're gonna get all mouthy because you think you've got a greater bench max or whatever? What are you, a flippin teenager or something? It figures as soon as someone like myself comes along and pokes a couple holes in your precious narrative about some fad diet, your only counter is to resort to name calling and some other unintelligible crap about your dad's backside. Like why would you even brag about your father's buttocks anyways? Yeah that's not weird as fukk or anything.

First 12345 Last