STerasedU
    STerasedU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 316

Any phone geeks or computer geeks? Need to get a music ringtone to my blackberry 9900

I need to get a music tone (50 cent Many Men) to my blackberry somehow. My old blackberry has the song in its profiles, but I need somehow to get it to my new blackberry. I'm not sure, but I think I need somehow to get the song from my old blackberry to my computer then from my computer to my new blackberry. Or maybe I could just get it off of my computer somehow to my new blackberry..

I WILL PAY ANYONE $20 VIA PAYPAL THAT CAN DO THIS.

Brewcity
    Brewcity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4826

You could use bluetooth, but thats takes a little more explaining on how to do it, would take awhile to explain it online to you without being there....google- using bluetooth to transfer audio files from old BlackBerry to new BlackBerry.

If it is just an mp3 file, you could attach it to an email, just email it to yourself. Open your email on new phone and download it to phone.

Otherwise go to cell phone store and ask them to transfer it for you. Should be free if you go to your provider...sprint, at &t, Verizon...etc.

STerasedU

Quote Originally Posted by Brewcity View Post
    You could use bluetooth, but thats takes a little more explaining on how to do it, would take awhile to explain it online to you without being there....google- using bluetooth to transfer audio files from old BlackBerry to new BlackBerry.

If it is just an mp3 file, you could attach it to an email, just email it to yourself. Open your email on new phone and download it to phone.

Otherwise go to cell phone store and ask them to transfer it for you. Should be free if you go to your provider...sprint, at &t, Verizon...etc.
    My phone don't get email. The song was on my old Verizon phone and it broke and Verizon won't hookup old blackberries so I had to go to AT&T. The AT&T store transferred over my contacts and pics, but never did the ringtone or mp3, I'm not sure they even could... The ringtone was downloaded from the Verizon store years ago and my current blackberry from AT&T isn't compatable with an AT&T app or whatever. Any other way Brewcity?? THanks alot

STerasedU

Quote Originally Posted by Brewcity View Post

I'm not sure any of those ways would work bc where the ringtone or mp3 is now, that phone has NO service.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

LMFAO. Decent troll I'll say

STerasedU

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Who me??

STerasedU

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Not a troll, I had my Verizon blackberry for 7 years and the keyboard went bad.

STerasedU

I'm getting on the right path, I download blackberry desktop manager to my computer. I just need to get a Windows media player song or an itunes song. Not sure what part of the song they take as the ringtone or it just plays the whole song.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Blackberry in almost 2019? Really?

Brewcity
    Brewcity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4826

Quote Originally Posted by STerasedU View Post
    I'm not sure any of those ways would work bc where the ringtone or mp3 is now, that phone has NO service.
    It doesn't have service, but you should be able to still see whats on it ex..listen to music, see pics that you had on it. Not familiar with blackberrys, but does it not have an internet browser on it? If so you can just login to your email on the internet browser.... yahoo.com gmail.com...etc.

Otherwise you still should be able to use bluetooth as i mentioned above...just google it.

Another option is plug it into your computer with a usb connection, save it to your computer, then do the same thing with new phone, plug it into new phone, drag it from your computer to the phone that is plugged in.

Another option is to get a micro sd memory card if both phones have a spot for the memory card. Put it in old phone, save ringtone to it, take it out, put it in new phone. Micro sd Cards are cheap like $5 or less for a small one,make sure both phones have a spot for them.

Last option is to create your own ringtone for free on your computer, then use cord (nowadays most chargers that come with it can be used). Steps...
    1. Go to YouTube, find the song, make sure the audio sounds good. Copy the url...www.youtube.com/blah blah blah
    2. Go to dirpy.com- paste the url into the website. You can download the entire song, or you can do a portion of the song. If your doing a smaller portion (15-30 seconds) for a ringtone, watch on youtube, find what part of song you want...example starting at 0:45 to 1:15 or whatever. Change on dirpy whatever time you want. Then download.
    3. Plug your phone cord from your charger into the usb on computer, then to your phone. Drag it from your computer onto your phone.
    DONE!