STerasedU
    STerasedU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 316

Attorneys: Am I bound by this contract? Can I get my money back?

Meet with this chiropractor and he basically signed me up for 32 appointsment at $50 each for $1600 total. Well he is not making me better and I already paid the money up front and signed something. Can I get my money back because I still have about 25 appointments to go to in NY.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

love when chiropractors call themselves doctors

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20445

You lost me at word #4 - chiropractor.

VeggieDog

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    love when chiropractors call themselves doctors

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Quote Originally Posted by STerasedU View Post
    Meet with this chiropractor and he basically signed me up for 32 appointsment at $50 each for $1600 total. Well he is not making me better and I already paid the money up front and signed something. Can I get my money back because I still have about 25 appointments to go to in NY.
    It will depend on where you are and the terms of the contract.

But have you asked him?

He might do a deal to refund part of it.

Or try the local better business bureau for advice maybe.

STerasedU

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

But have you asked him?

Nope I haven't asked him yet, I'm gonna give it another 5+ appointments. The thing is I'm desperate, I woke up almost 1.5 years ago with a ****** up neck and jaw and tinnitus. The first 3 months last summer I only slept 75 hours total.

I think I should be able to get my money... If he won't give it to me I will tell him my lawyer will be contacting him.

I'm not saying hes horrible, I'm saying hes only knows 1 method. He's an upper cervical chiropractor. I have a messed up neck and my occiput is rotated. Until my occiput gets fixed, his 1 trick pony technique isn't gonna work.

This guy has a racquet going. I've had about 6 appointments so far and 2 of them he's done nothing because I'm in "alignment' according to this quick nerve test he does on the back of ur neck with a machine.

VeggieDog

Damn Dude, get yourself to an MD. Stop screwing with this wannabe.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: STerasedU

STerasedU

But have you asked him?

I'm in NY... Oh I will get my money back or else. No breakage here. I will run a smear campaign against him.. THis guy only is there 20 hours a week and has 2 secretaries, a finance manager, 2-3 kid assistants helping him and taking notes and another chiropractor. He also does speeches to other chiropractors for I'm guessing $300 a pop and say there's 50 chiro's there that's 15k.

STerasedU

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    When this first happened I was in and out of the hospital for 3 weeks and they tricked me into going into the loney bin. I was at the hospital bc I couldn't sleep. My diagnosis was easy being TMJ and a messed up neck that lead to tinnitus. I sleep now and got use to the mild tinnitus, but I went to this chiro to try to cure the tinnitus. The hospital made me worse and they don't know shit. I've been to my personal dr. probably 8 times since and at 1 point they said we don't know whats going on and we can no longer help you. Now I just get shit muscle relaxers from them.. The only person that figured out what was wrong with me was this 70 year old ENT and I figured out myself.

STerasedU

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post

I'm guessing you're probably young and never been to the hospital? I am 37 years old and its a joke...

STerasedU

But have you asked him?

Yeah I'm gonna give it some more time, but when I have 15 appointments left and I'm not better or getting better, I'm done. I will then want to be refunded for 15 appts at $50 each, so that's $750 I will want as a refund. THis assclown is prob netting 300k a year.

Optional

You may be better to spend $2500 on a tinnitus cancelling hearing aid if that's the main thing stopping your sleeping. To get some immediate relief.

And then deal with the neck pain separately.

I have had level 8 tinnitus for years. I play music or the tv when trying to go to sleep and that seems to help.

Also, if you happen to be taking blood thinners or anything with aspirin in it, that can make tinnitus worse.

VeggieDog

I'm guessing you're probably young and never been to the hospital? I am 37 years old and its a joke...
    Nope. I'm 56 years old. Open heart surgery and Leukemia. Go ahead and screw around with the amateur wannabes, but I'll stick to the professionals.

VeggieDog

Good Night Now!

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Legally, a retarded person cannot enter into a binding contract

Anyone that would give a chiropractor $1600 up front and sign a contract is obviously retarded

Your welcome
    Points Awarded:

Ebumdude gave maggiethebestdog 4 Betpoint(s) for this post.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10723

Medicare itself with a Medicare Supplement will not cover them because they do not consider them real doctors. You will probably not get out of that unless it is a very understanding One and lets you out of it. But i would not approach this with "You are not making me better" . Try playing the sympathy card and just say you thought you could but turns out you cannot afford this . If he is a decent guy maybe he will let you out of it or at least renegotiate and give you a break with a discount or something.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

An attorney????

How much do you think you’re gonna spend on an attorney? YOu’ll lose money this way. And for the peanuts you’ll be paying the attorney he/she wont give two fukks about your case. You’ll probably end up paying the attorney $1000 and then still owe the chiro $750

Anf you’ll still have neck pain and tinnitus

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3692

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    An attorney????

How much do you think you’re gonna spend on an attorney? YOu’ll lose money this way. And for the peanuts you’ll be paying the attorney he/she wont give two fukks about your case. You’ll probably end up paying the attorney $1000 and then still owe the chiro $750

Anf you’ll still have neck pain and tinnitus
    Lol! Some lawyers charge $1000 just for a letter.

STerasedU

You may be better to spend $2500 on a tinnitus cancelling hearing aid if that's the main thing stopping your sleeping. To get some immediate relief.

And then deal with the neck pain separately.

I have had level 8 tinnitus for years. I play music or the tv when trying to go to sleep and that seems to help.

Also, if you happen to be taking blood thinners or anything with aspirin in it, that can make tinnitus worse.
    I have reactive tinnitus so my sound tinnitus goes up with sound. My T is mild like a level 2 or 3 now. I can't smoke weed or it goes way up or if I have certain things to eat it goes up. I have been sleeping normal now for like 1 year. I just want to be back to normal. Sorry about ur T man, no one realizes how bad it is. I think there is gonna be a good treatment (not cure) in a couple years.

STerasedU

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    Legally, a retarded person cannot enter into a binding contract

Anyone that would give a chiropractor $1600 up front and sign a contract is obviously retarded

Your welcome
    Not retarded just desperate to get back to normal. I've read online that many people with somatic (neck, jaw) tinnitus were helped by upper cervical chiro. Maybe I will be helped soon also by this chiro with the raquet going. $1600 is nothing to me and I told myself this was the last time and last amount of money that I will be spending on trying to get back to normal. Maggie ur the retard, u have 3,679 on this degenerate site.
    Last edited by STerasedU; 11-12-18 at 12:11 PM.

Optional

I have reactive tinnitus so my sound tinnitus goes up with sound. My T is mild like a level 2 or 3 now. I can't smoke weed or it goes way up or if I have certain things to eat it goes up. I have been sleeping normal now for like 1 year. I just want to be back to normal. Sorry about ur T man, no one realizes how bad it is. I think there is gonna be a good treatment (not cure) in a couple years.
    I've had years of practice but found the most effective thing is to refuse to think about it when you notice it. Concentrating on it is what can drive you batty.

I test as having perfect hearing but am like a half deaf person it's so loud and affects my hearing so much. It could badly affect my life if I let it but most people who know me don't even know I suffer with it as I never speak of it. Even typing this is making it drill into my brain suddenly! lol

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

The relevant law here is reliance theory in contract law.

If you sign a futures contract - defined as a contract to perform servies at some future date of the time the contract is signed.

When a contract is signed courts look at consideration and reliance - what was exchanged in the contract and what reasonable expenses did the parties incur as a result of the contract.

There is no consideration here since you paid the doctor money and got nothing for the payments at the time of the contract - the payments were obviously for future service.

The Courts will then look at reliance. What if any expenses did the doctor occur that were reasonable as a result of the contract that the parties signed. Example: if you put 50K down to build a 300k home - 150k in building materials would be an examples of reasonable expenses.

In this case there is no reason to believe a popular chiropractor incurred any extra expenses because of the contract you signed with him. The only possible kind of restitution or damages the court would look at would be if the doctor lost the ability to find patents to see at the time you were going to see him - not an issue if you cancel in advance since he's obviously a popular chiropractor.

The Court would find that the doctor incurred no financial loss as a result of the cancellation of this contract and since their was no consideration at the time it was signed you should be able to cancel the contract without any damages unless there is a specific provision in the contract that discusses damages.

thomorino

This is not a case you would hire an attorney for - you would go to small claims court- where attorneys are not allowed - since its obviously under 5k.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11854

Good stuff Themorino.

STerasedU, seems like you got yourself a lawyer.

STerasedU

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    The relevant law here is reliance theory in contract law.

If you sign a futures contract - defined as a contract to perform servies at some future date of the time the contract is signed.

When a contract is signed courts look at consideration and reliance - what was exchanged in the contract and what reasonable expenses did the parties incur as a result of the contract.

There is no consideration here since you paid the doctor money and got nothing for the payments at the time of the contract - the payments were obviously for future service.

The Courts will then look at reliance. What if any expenses did the doctor occur that were reasonable as a result of the contract that the parties signed. Example: if you put 50K down to build a 300k home - 150k in building materials would be an examples of reasonable expenses.

In this case there is no reason to believe a popular chiropractor incurred any extra expenses because of the contract you signed with him. The only possible kind of restitution or damages the court would look at would be if the doctor lost the ability to find patents to see at the time you were going to see him - not an issue if you cancel in advance since he's obviously a popular chiropractor.

The Court would find that the doctor incurred no financial loss as a result of the cancellation of this contract and since their was no consideration at the time it was signed you should be able to cancel the contract without any damages unless there is a specific provision in the contract that discusses damages.
    Ok sounds good for me. So how should I go about this? Should I tell him hes making me worse?? Are u an attorney?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

tons of stuff doctors cant help you with. people tend to think theyre gods or something, hospital industry is a racket in itself, theyre drug dealers, few cures ever.

STerasedU

This is not a case you would hire an attorney for - you would go to small claims court- where attorneys are not allowed - since its obviously under 5k.
    Yeah I figured that.. The funny thing is I go every Monday for the next 2 months and out of those 8 or so appts if I'm in "adjustment" he does nothing. That makes sense but why sign me up for 30+ appointments.

thomorino

Ok sounds good for me. So how should I go about this? Should I tell him hes making me worse?? Are u an attorney?
    I am an attorney but I haven't seen the contract or talked to you and I wouldn't be comfortable telling you how to proceed. I'm just telling you that based on what you typed if you want to get out of the contract it would cost you nothing unless there was a specific damages provision in the contract - usually there is not in contracts like this.

thomorino

Yeah I figured that.. The funny thing is I go every Monday for the next 2 months and out of those 8 or so appts if I'm in "adjustment" he does nothing. That makes sense but why sign me up for 30+ appointments.
    People forget that doctor's offices are businesses too - they'll sign you up in advance so you are more likely to come.

STerasedU

I am an attorney but I haven't seen the contract or talked to you and I wouldn't be comfortable telling you how to proceed. I'm just telling you that based on what you typed if you want to get out of the contract it would cost you nothing unless there was a specific damages provision in the contract - usually there is not in contracts like this.

No the contract basically just said $1600 for 30 appointments. The contract was very basic and was just a payment plan... Should I tell him or his "finance manager" that hes making me worse? Or make an excuse not to come in any more?

STerasedU

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    tons of stuff doctors cant help you with. people tend to think theyre gods or something, hospital industry is a racket in itself, theyre drug dealers, few cures ever.
    Yeah the hospital is a joke, it made me worse for real. They couldn't even figure out I had TMJ.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Best cardiologist I’ve ever worked with gave me some great advice about living a long, healthy life

”Stay out of hospitals and doctors offices”

I didn’t really believe him at the time, now I get it.

STerasedU

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Best cardiologist I’ve ever worked with gave me some great advice about living a long, healthy life

”Stay out of hospitals and doctors offices”

I didn’t really believe him at the time, now I get it.
    Haha Roy Jones best ever. Did u have him against John Ruiz -160? Talk about stealing.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Hope you get the Tintinits figured out and get some sleep

that sound horrible