cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

anyone tried Pea Milk

saw this at the store today had to try it

i went with the unsweetened vanilla, it wasn't too bad pretty smooth, i'm taking a break from sports and posting sbr so much and focusing on healthy stuff would love to one day go to a plant based diet but giving up meats seems impossible

• 8g plant-based protein per serving
    • Zero sugar2
    • 50% more calcium than 2% dairy milk1
    • 32mg DHA Omega-3’s
    • An excellent source of Vitamin D
    • More iron than 2% dairy milk

slide1

bottle-un-vanilla

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

people go crazy for this new shit i see it fly off shelves at whole foods/natural grocer, etc

myself i would just drink water a lot of this new health craze seems like giant money grab

i heard the beyond burgers are insane tho u might want to try if ur going towards vegetarian but they are hard to find they sell out b4 they hit shelves

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    people go crazy for this new shit i see it fly off shelves at whole foods/natural grocer, etc

myself i would just drink water a lot of this new health craze seems like giant money grab

i heard the beyond burgers are insane tho u might want to try if ur going towards vegetarian but they are hard to find they sell out b4 they hit shelves
    i'm going to have to try it, i'm taking it slow starting off cuting out red meats and eating just fish and chicken trying 1 no meat meal a week eventually would love be all plant based, i dont' see any fat people who are vegetarians or vegans

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    i'm going to have to try it, i'm taking it slow starting off cuting out red meats and eating just fish and chicken trying 1 no meat meal a week eventually would love be all plant based, i dont' see any fat people who are vegetarians or vegans
    Yep. You'll have the last laugh as you're lying in the hospital dying of nothing.
    Points Awarded:

deltgen gave VeggieDog 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

How the hell does one squeeze milk from a pea?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

I drink low sugar low cal Almond milk in shakes and cereal... I'll try this pea milk it if it's healthy...

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

May as well shave your legs too.
    Points Awarded:

GWags gave Foxx 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

TheLock gave Foxx 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    May as well shave your legs too.
    Lol...

Health nuts want to live.. Red meat off the bone and beer drinking daily will not get you to 60 years old before you drop dead..

Murica!!!!

King tut
    King Butt
    King tut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8655

My wife and I drink ripple everyday. Love it Get it at Target

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I just did the research I'll give it a swig for sure..... https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/ripple-milk

Other facts...

Because Ripple milk is soy- and nut-free, it's a safe choice for people with allergies or other health concerns. Plus, Ripple milk is even higher in protein than soy milk, which is known for its impressive protein content (13). Ripple is also gluten-free and appropriate for those following vegan diets.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

King tut
    King Butt
    King tut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8655

Cost 4.29 a bottle. But don`t care

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

went store tonight looked for beyond burgers all sold out, they must be good lol went with the california veggie burger for meatless monday tommorow

httpss3-amazonaws-comfoodservicedirect-comproductimageslargenff675116l

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Ask the gays Ron and Joey

CWD
    Update your status

went store tonight looked for beyond burgers all sold out, they must be good lol went with the california veggie burger for meatless monday tommorow

httpss3-amazonaws-comfoodservicedirect-comproductimageslargenff675116l
    told u they are hot ticket they say u cannot tell difference at all from meat burger

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Can't do veggie burgers just yet.. I need to eat cow still when it comes to burgers.. Bison meat and deer meat will work also..

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

told u they are hot ticket they say u cannot tell difference at all from meat burger
    went to 2nd store all sold out wtf these things hard to find might have order online did find beyond meat beefy xrumbles

CWD
    Update your status

if u find them post what u think ill do same

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

if u find them post what u think ill do same
    ok will do i ll try have them by next mon im only going one day a week meatless monday not trying turn into a veggie head over night

thechaoz

Save your money they are awful I've had them several times

CWD
    Update your status

chaos the hype sounds too good to be true

thechaoz

If these penetrating hippies who wanted the taste of meat so bad, why don't they just eat meat? That's why you have the teeth you do, and the nutritional requirements you do, and there's the ladder of life.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

i had a veggie burger once it wasn't so bad when i put bunch mustard on it, i wanna try to see what all the hype is about beyond burger

thechaoz

i had a veggie burger once it wasn't so bad when i put bunch mustard on it, i wanna try to see what all the hype is about beyond burger
    It's awful, and I like everything.

Consider yourself warned

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Nothing wrong with being a vegetarian.. I'm heading in that direction... Veggies and beans make you lean and give you gas.. You will be healthier for it..

I need my protein though.. Maybe in 10 years I'll switch over.. I like being being a bit beefy, muscular and strong, skinny and wirey annoys me. Still eat chicken, red meat and fish now.. Eggs as well.. That ain't changing... Protein shakes with egg whites is a main staple of mine as well when on the run..

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

3rd store still no beyond burgers on a side note is there anytning worsr the guy with 50 items in the express lane 10 items or less really want to punch this jackass

CWD
    Update your status

kid u prob going to have to talk to guy who stocks frozen dept

he will be able tell u when they hit shelf or maybe even get some from back

was at natural grocer recently and they had all 25 packs put to side for someone they never made it to shelf

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

kid u prob going to have to talk to guy who stocks frozen dept

he will be able tell u when they hit shelf or maybe even get some from back

was at natural grocer recently and they had all 25 packs put to side for someone they never made it to shelf
    i think i will tell the grocery store next time i'm in how about ordering a bigger amount since they are flying off the shelves, it's crazy they have these huge freezer sections of frozen burgers and a small tiny spot for the beyond burgers they could order less bubba burgers

deltgen

i think i will tell the grocery store next time i'm in how about ordering a bigger amount since they are flying off the shelves, it's crazy they have these huge freezer sections of frozen burgers and a small tiny spot for the beyond burgers they could order less bubba burgers
    Less Bubba Burgers!?!?!? That's just crazy talk.

CWD
    Update your status

https://amp.ft.com/content/ca94feae-...5-04b8afea6ea3

The UK expansion will provide a launch pad for the rest of the European market and comes as the plant based protein company has hired JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs and Credit Suisse for an initial public offering, according to people familiar with the matter. The banks declined to comment.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by deltgen View Post
    Less Bubba Burgers!?!?!? That's just crazy talk.
    they got tons of these things they barely sell

bubba

deltgen

Okay, after reading these posts and seeing Cincykid and CWD talking about the Beyond Burgers, my curiosity was picqued, so I had to give them a shot and will write an uninvited review for any who might have interest. I have zero interest in being vegetarian or vegan, because humans are meant to be omnivores, but am always willing to try something new.
    There is a health food market here in town that had a package of two eight ounce patties for $6.79, which was a bad way to start out, but I splurged anyways. When I opened it the first thing I noticed was the smell, which was rather bad. I don't know what to compare it to, but it was unpleasant, but I figured it might improve after cooking. I put them on my George Foreman grill (the outside grill will only be used for food that used to have a brain) and was anxiously waiting for the cooked hamburger smell, to no avail. When they were ready, I took a bite out of them to see what they taste like without the usual hamburger accompaniments, and again, the first thing to hit me was the smell. Part of our enjoyment of food takes place before it even hits our mouth, with the scent, but these things just smell bad. As for the taste--if you are expecting them to taste anything like a real burger, you will be sorely disappointed. That's not to say it is a bad taste, it is just nothing like a burger at all. I put them on a bun with the fixings that I like (ketchup, mayonaise, and cheese) and it was okay in it's own right, but again--nothing like a burger. Another aspect I was looking for is how much it would fill be up compared to an equivalent size of a beef burger. This was also a fail for me. Something many people don't know is that plant protein and animal protein are entirely different things. The package said that these things have 20 grams of plant protein per patty, but I was still hungry almost immediately.
    All in all, if one wants to switch to a vegetarian diet, but want to pretend to be eating a burger when amongst friends, go for these things, but don't expect any aspect of the experience to be like a genuine beef burger. I give these things an overall grade of D because the taste wasn't bad, but no chance in hell of buying these things again. On the plus side, the store also had elk and bison burgers in the freezer, so I can at least say that the trip wasn't a total loss.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: CWD

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by deltgen View Post
    Okay, after reading these posts and seeing Cincykid and CWD talking about the Beyond Burgers, my curiosity was picqued, so I had to give them a shot and will write an uninvited review for any who might have interest. I have zero interest in being vegetarian or vegan, because humans are meant to be omnivores, but am always willing to try something new.
    There is a health food market here in town that had a package of two eight ounce patties for $6.79, which was a bad way to start out, but I splurged anyways. When I opened it the first thing I noticed was the smell, which was rather bad. I don't know what to compare it to, but it was unpleasant, but I figured it might improve after cooking. I put them on my George Foreman grill (the outside grill will only be used for food that used to have a brain) and was anxiously waiting for the cooked hamburger smell, to no avail. When they were ready, I took a bite out of them to see what they taste like without the usual hamburger accompaniments, and again, the first thing to hit me was the smell. Part of our enjoyment of food takes place before it even hits our mouth, with the scent, but these things just smell bad. As for the taste--if you are expecting them to taste anything like a real burger, you will be sorely disappointed. That's not to say it is a bad taste, it is just nothing like a burger at all. I put them on a bun with the fixings that I like (ketchup, mayonaise, and cheese) and it was okay in it's own right, but again--nothing like a burger. Another aspect I was looking for is how much it would fill be up compared to an equivalent size of a beef burger. This was also a fail for me. Something many people don't know is that plant protein and animal protein are entirely different things. The package said that these things have 20 grams of plant protein per patty, but I was still hungry almost immediately.
    All in all, if one wants to switch to a vegetarian diet, but want to pretend to be eating a burger when amongst friends, go for these things, but don't expect any aspect of the experience to be like a genuine beef burger. I give these things an overall grade of D because the taste wasn't bad, but no chance in hell of buying these things again. On the plus side, the store also had elk and bison burgers in the freezer, so I can at least say that the trip wasn't a total loss.
    thanks for the review, one of these days my store will have them in stock and i will try them, i didn't make the no meat monday i had scallops instead today is my 2nd day of no carbs sugar just drinking water and that pea milk for breakfast, i thought the pea milk wasn't bad first time i tried it but it's not that great i miss my cold glass of 2 pct milk for breakfast, also i feel so tired just want to sleep hard to get energy eating healthier i think pea milk can be decent in coffee or smoothies but drinking by itself ehh

12 Last