ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Any truck drivers here?

Thinking about getting in to the industry. Love to hear some insight from people with experience in this lifestyle.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

I work with a lot of them. Helping them get setup with everything they need to work. I write commercial Auto liability, cargo and workers comp for some.. its a solid field. you just have to be smart and not try and grow your company too fast and you'll be fine.
    Last edited by shocka1212; 10-17-18 at 01:12 AM.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Look up Keith Jesperson as he will guide you through all the do's and don'ts in
    the biz and pleasures..............

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here's a hint....>

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20385

Lots of YouTube channels from truckers. Hard life.

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    Lots of YouTube channels from truckers. Hard life.
    I'd argue working most other jobs unless you run your own business are worse. Plenty of fuks out there working manual labor for half the income that truckers make. Only issue I could see with trucking is boredom. But for someone who is used to isolation/lone wolf lifestyle it seems like a good fit.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    I'd argue working most other jobs unless you run your own business are worse. Plenty of fuks out there working manual labor for half the income that truckers make. Only issue I could see with trucking is boredom. But for someone who is used to isolation/lone wolf lifestyle it seems like a good fit.
    shits a blessing man.....

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20385

I agree. Yeah, if you're a loner and don't need to see your family for several days, sure.

But sitting in one seat for 8-10 hours a day with limited movement can't be good for your health. Crappy food. Public toilets and showers. Other idiot drivers (both trucks and cars). The cost of fuel and repairs.

Sure there are good things about it, but the cons seem to outweigh the pros.

But hey, someone has to do it. Everything you buy online or in a store was transported on a truck at one point or another. So we need them.

ApricotSinner32

What you shove in your mouth is a choice.. being on the road does not mean you can't eat mindfully. That's just an excuse fatties use to justify their destructive lifestyle. Exercise is worse for the body than being sedentary. Exercise is stressing your machine. Sedentary requires minimal bodily stress. Americans are brainwashed when it comes to this shit. Some of the most active and hard working people are unhealthy and will die earlier than they are supposed to because they are overworking their machine and eating like fuking pigs.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I have a friend that does it. He has too much money because he doesn't have to pay rent, so he goes to the strip clubs all the time, and does a lot of molly and alcohol.

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    I have a friend that does it. He has too much money because he doesn't have to pay rent, so he goes to the strip clubs all the time, and does a lot of molly and alcohol.
    Yeah I wouldn't get involved in all that shit. Quit using drugs for good besides coffee.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10250

Doesn't LakerBoy drive a semi?
    Seems he used to talk about delivering to different cities in the U.S.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Why not just work for IPS? A lot less stressful. Just ask Doug Heffernan.
    Points Awarded:

Clutchut12 gave bonzaii 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ApricotSinner32

I mean you can make 90k a year as a company driver for big companies...

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9388

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Doesn't LakerBoy drive a semi?
    Seems he used to talk about delivering to different cities in the U.S.
    Turd Ferguson does, he might be on the road now though...

Clutchut12
    Clutchut12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Quote Originally Posted by bonzaii View Post
    Why not just work for IPS? A lot less stressful. Just ask Doug Heffernan.
    Lolol best show ever!! I drive for fed ex express and its alot more stress then Deacon and Doug deal with.

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    I work with a lot of them. Helping them get setup with everything they need to work. I write commercial Auto liability, cargo and workers comp for some.. its a solid field. you just have to be smart and not try and grow your company too fast and you'll be fine.
    As an independent, the hardest part is getting paid in a timely manner. Better to have one or two good clients than ten with 8 slow payers. With many clients you are only as good as your last delivery. bol A Sinner. P.S. The road can be a cruel mistress. Might want to consider a Local diet.
    Last edited by BOA12; 10-17-18 at 07:23 AM.

dbartinbwgc
    dbartinbwgc's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21551

I am a truck driver for a world wide company make $100,000 a year home daily12-14hr days weekends/holidays off
    4 weeks vacation (7max) 401k health insurance bonus...
    I run 3rd shift, my day go in about 8pm do paper work and hook trailers 830 out gate about 1230-1 get to terminal
    put trailers up go in work dock 1-3 hrs take lunch 30mins sometime get paperwork between 2-4 hook head back home
    get back between 8-9 usually put up trailers/paperwork fuel go home
    When driving just sit back listen to radio games talk on phone whatever.
    Somedays go in a little earlier sometimes no dock work sometimes a little longer
    If you talking over the road being gone for weeks at a time did that also
    working for a company they pay ok but most dont pay for everything you do
    They just pay you the miles you drive. I get paid for everything i do and no i'm not union.
    If you own you own truck you can make good money hauling for some companies.
    Or you can go on your own and run through a broker or try to obtain your own loads.
    I thought of it many times to buy my own, but why would I something happens to the truck
    they fix, need day off take it, yes i could make more money maybe but no headaches.
    And the thing about slow payers if you are independent, if thats a problem their are companies out there
    that will pay you and take a small % and then collect and if they dont pay they eat it and go after them.

Any questions just ask about companies or anything.
    Also kevin rutherford search for him on google , has online web classes and a radio show to help truckers

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Thinking about getting in to the industry. Love to hear some insight from people with experience in this lifestyle.
    best advice I can give is watch the fuk out for these bitches:

Auto Donk

rotte_02
    rotte_02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 247

Lot lizards! If that’s your bag.

grey area
    grey area's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1622

hey I'm a friend of greys. I've been trucking for 20 plus years. so I could give some advice depending on what type of trucking you would like to do. such as long haul, day trippers or construction. i have some in experience in the first 2 but can advice alot on the latter. let me know what you would like to know. and i'll advise to the best of my experience.

grey area

What you shove in your mouth is a choice.. being on the road does not mean you can't eat mindfully. That's just an excuse fatties use to justify their destructive lifestyle. Exercise is worse for the body than being sedentary. Exercise is stressing your machine. Sedentary requires minimal bodily stress. Americans are brainwashed when it comes to this shit. Some of the most active and hard working people are unhealthy and will die earlier than they are supposed to because they are overworking their machine and eating like fuking pigs.
    i so agree with what you have posted here. its a choice on what you put in your mouth. also alot of truck stops when you are a long haul trucker have gyms. its all about personnal choice. i've seen many police officers, paramedics and fire fighters that are obese and they are in a very physical career, so it really depends on the person. i love trucking. it can be a lone wolf kinda live style if you want it to be but in my experience I chat all the time with other drivers on the CB and at truck stops, job site etc. and the myth about not having a family is just that a myth! I was a Single mother for 16 yrs while i was a truck driver. i always had time for my family. 90 percent of companys i worked for were understanding. like any job its a give and take.

grey area

in canada i made a great living and invested well from the time i started at 25 and am retired now 2 yrs, from age of 39 with a income of more then when i was a trucker. i also was a company driver never owned a truck or business. but my average was 80,000 a yr. and i was a local road construction driver. 10-14 hr days 5 sometimes 6 days a week. hope this helps in your decision. if you want more info on my experience id be glad to help.

grey area

i didnt find it hard. i found factory work and working for minimum wage as a teen for walmart and tim hortons much worse.

kyhawk
    kyhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7776

You have to put in a few years to get the choice routes. As a begginer it's a high turnover. One small accident and you are done. Hi stress. If you figure out the hours you spend it does not add up.
    I went to a usa truck school and burned out after about 6 months.
    there is a reason all truck companies most otr companies are hireing. It sucks big time.

dbartinbwgc
    dbartinbwgc's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21551

If you taking about over the road, it can burn you out and being gone all the time and making just OK money
    Some do pay a little better but not for everything you do(wait time, scales/inspections, fuel, drop and hooks)
    If you want to make good money and be home daily driving truck and get paid for every thing you do, look in to LTL trucking companies.
    Like fedex freight, XPO , Old dominion, Estes, R&L and such.
    Some will even train you to get your license while you work there and then start driving with them.
    Some also will take you right out of school.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

I like the show ICE ROAD TRUCKERS.. ... That's a harry job!!!!!

Auto Donk

they should do a reality series on methed up lot lizards.....

let stormy daniels restart her career in it....

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    they should do a reality series on methed up lot lizards.....

let stormy daniels restart her career in it....
    what the hell is a lot lizard?

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Urban Dictionary is your friend.

Pinoy-T-X
    Pinoy-T-X's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21609

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

used to be a driver, not a bad job if you get the right rig and gig and live w/ only a puff or two on the weekends