Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

Udder Disaster! Cows Invade Atlanta After Truck Is Tipped

Dozens of cows roamed free on Atlanta interstates Monday after a tractor-trailer hauling them overturned, setting off a nearly 16-hour roundup effort through two metro counties.

The truck was carrying 89 calves from Florida to northwest Georgia when it tipped over on the I-285 East ramp at the I-75 interchange in Cobb County. Some of the animals were trapped in the truck, while dozens more spilled onto the interstate.

Several were hit by drivers coming around the curve of the exit ramp, according to authorities.

Eleven cows were killed. Sandy Springs police originally said they captured the final loose cow just after 4:15 p.m. on I-285, but police were still searching for it at 6:30 p.m. It reportedly jumped over the side of the road and into the woods.

Around 8 p.m., Sandy Spring police spokesman Sgt. Sam Warsham told AJC.com that authorities had captured the elusive last calf in a creek bed near Ray’s on the River, which is on Powers Ferry Road.

During the height of the hoopla, Sandy Springs police told Channel 2 Action News as many as 70 cows could be roaming the area of the Chattahoochee River. Drivers on their way to work were reporting cow sightings along I-285 and I-75 in Cobb and Fulton counties.

Some proved difficult to contain. One of the cows made it to I-75 North at Cumberland Boulevard, where it charged at teams trying to corral it in a construction zone, the news station reported. One man was trampled when the cow bolted. It is not clear if he sustained injuries.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

The animal rights group PETA issued a statement late Monday saying all crashes involving animals could be avoided if people stopped eating meat.

“PETA is calling for the intrepid cow reportedly still on the loose to be spared the slaughterhouse knife and sent to a sanctuary — as all these gentle animals should have been — and on all humans to keep cows, pigs, and chickens off the roads by keeping them off their plates,” PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman said in an emailed statement.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

i tried eat some vegan chili tonight for dinner , ehh not good, i don't know how those vegetarians and vegans live

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

What a piece crap town...!!!!!!