danwinkler
    danwinkler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Is this Cartoon of Serena and Osaka racist?

News nowadays are crap. They write whatever agenda/message they want to push and the social media (online) does the rest.

The american media is slamming an australian news paper and a cartoonist calling it racist cartoon because he drew serena's nose and hips big. They are also saying that Osaka is portrayed as a busty blonde when she is a haitian/japanese. Are these writers brain dead? Osaka had dyed blonde hair for most of her young career!

In my opinion its not racist at all. These SJWs need to be given a good beating.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

No it's accurate. Race has nothing to do with it. Regardless of that point Serena was outclassed that match

If you want to leave the game and get knocked up, so be it, but it'll hurt your profession as an athlete

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

the news is dumb

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i think the reaction is ridiculous but predictable........... i think cartoonists always do over-the-top carcuritures (sp?) of subjects. and when the person is not attractive to start with, the results are not good.........

i'm going to be a bit of a hypocrite and say that the newspaper should have foreseen the reaction. but if they don't care, i wouldn't change anything,. if the newspaper cares about negative publicity then they shouldn't have done it.

reminds me of ESPN personality being fired for saying Venus was playing "guerilla tennis"... of course idiots took it to mean "gorilla tennis". as if any mainstream media figure would say that. i also think it's bad that some of the critics i'm sure knew what he meant but still agitated.

bozeman
    bozeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5145

nowadays if you step on someones foot on a bus and turn around to discover it was a black dude - you did it just bacause of his race

MMXVII
    MMXVII's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2565

Yes. Osaka isn't also black.

blap10
    blap10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1449

fake news

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

Quote Originally Posted by danwinkler View Post
    News nowadays are crap. They write whatever agenda/message they want to push and the social media (online) does the rest.

The american media is slamming an australian news paper and a cartoonist calling it racist cartoon because he drew serena's nose and hips big. They are also saying that Osaka is portrayed as a busty blonde when she is a haitian/japanese. Are these writers brain dead? Osaka had dyed blonde hair for most of her young career!

In my opinion its not racist at all. These SJWs need to be given a good beating.

I'm glad Australia hasn't gone totally braindead PC yet.

Sadly the pressure is having an effect and we are well on the way to finding offense where there is none too.

danwinkler
    danwinkler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Everything is racist get with the times, seriously though their just cartoons.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    i think the reaction is ridiculous but predictable........... i think cartoonists always do over-the-top carcuritures (sp?) of subjects. and when the person is not attractive to start with, the results are not good.........

i'm going to be a bit of a hypocrite and say that the newspaper should have foreseen the reaction. but if they don't care, i wouldn't change anything,. if the newspaper cares about negative publicity then they shouldn't have done it.

reminds me of ESPN personality being fired for saying Venus was playing "guerilla tennis"... of course idiots took it to mean "gorilla tennis". as if any mainstream media figure would say that. i also think it's bad that some of the critics i'm sure knew what he meant but still agitated.
    agreed

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

No, that picture does Serena justice. ..

Seriously, No nothing racist about this cartoon, a loud picture of Serena that's not flattering is all it is.. I see no racial over tones with it...

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    No, that picture does Serena justice. ..

Seriously, No nothing racist about this cartoon, a loud picture of Serena that's not flattering is all it is.. I see no racial over tones with it...
    I think the blonde hair and exaggerated tiny frame v exaggerated hairstyle and angry facial features of Serena do employ racial stereotypes (caricatures do highlight obvious differences), but the point of the cartoon is obviously about a big strong bully spitting the dummy and having such a violent tantrum that the tiny, sweet opponent, would consider letting her have her way.

Weirdly, I'd probably view it differently if it was printed in a US newspaper though.

Which makes me wonder, what would happen if a US cartoonist published stuff like this these days? Would he be out of a job in the USA?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I think the blonde hair and exaggerated tiny frame v exaggerated hairstyle and angry facial features of Serena do employ racial stereotypes (caricatures do highlight obvious differences), but the point of the cartoon is obviously about a big strong bully spitting the dummy and having such a violent tantrum that the tiny, sweet opponent, would consider letting her have her way.

Weirdly, I'd probably view it differently if it was printed in a US newspaper though.

Which makes me wonder, what would happen if a US cartoonist published stuff like this these days? Would he be out of a job in the USA?

That's all it is.. I don't think the cartoon makes her look like a gorilla or slave in shackles... Face features aren't tremendously exaggerated either with massive lips and a two car garage sized nose...

Cartoon is not racist at all.. It perhaps is insulting to Serena's character but not to her color of skin.. That's keeping real I think..

dbartinbwgc
    dbartinbwgc's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21551

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post

ESPN fired someone over that, But Steve Harvey Said the same about
    GOLDEN STATE Warriors being a bunch of gorillas and you heard nothing about it.

gojetsgomoxies

Quote Originally Posted by dbartinbwgc View Post
    ESPN fired someone over that, But Steve Harvey Said the same about
    GOLDEN STATE Warriors being a bunch of gorillas and you heard nothing about it.
    the NBA studio guys (who i love... shaq and barkley in this case) said it was perfectly fine for blacks to use the N word gratitiously but it was terrible for whites to use it even in the exact same way blacks use it (i.e. term of endearment often)...... one of the few times i really disagreed with them strongly. lindsey lohan got heat for mentioning the name of an album with the N word in it. imagine that

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

That's all it is.. I don't think the cartoon makes her look like a gorilla or slave in shackles... Face features aren't tremendously exaggerated either with massive lips and a two car garage sized nose...

Cartoon is not racist at all.. It perhaps is insulting to Serena's character but not to her color of skin.. That's keeping real I think..

You should not be commenting on what is racist as you are too ignorant to understand what racism really is.

I don’t see the reason for US citizens getting riled up about a cartoon from a racist 3rd world continent like Australia. I’ve traveled Australia and it is 3rd world.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    You should not be commenting on what is racist as you are too ignorant to understand what racism really is.

I don’t see the reason for US citizens getting riled up about a cartoon from a racist 3rd world continent like Australia. I’ve traveled Australia and it is 3rd world.
    So gritters you find the cartoon picture to be racist then? Explain why if you can?

I'm color blind dog, I keep it real.. I also joke around on SBR with race just to piss off the liberals like you. I toy with you people on this forum and you don't even know it..

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

So gritters you find the cartoon picture to be racist then? Explain why if you can?

I'm color blind dog, I keep it real.. I also joke around on SBR with race just to piss off the liberals like you. I toy with you people on this forum and you don't even know it..

You are far from color blind. You are Easily one of the most racist sub-humans at sbr. Keep lying to yourself if it will allow you to sleep at night though.

Cartoon is just a cartoon. Is it a bit exaggerated? Yes. Does it offend me? No. In the big picture Does my opinion matter on the subject? No.

Optional

Ha. Phuk you Gritter.

Your cricket team is even shittier then ours now. And that's a REAL slam.

We may be 15 years behind the USA but we are richer than Americans. And 3rd world???

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

You are far from color blind. You are Easily one of the most racist sub-humans at sbr. Keep lying to yourself if it will allow you to sleep at night though.

Cartoon is just a cartoon. Is it a bit exaggerated? Yes. Does it offend me? No. In the big picture Does my opinion matter on the subject? No.
    No your opinion doesn't really matter even in the little picture Gritters.. Thanks for the reply and being honest anyways buddy!!! Black power!!!

gojetsgomoxies

absolutely brilliant what the Aussie newspapers has now done....

put all kinds of cartoon carcuratures (sp?) that no one complained about on the front page with serena's and said "welcome to the PC world"

sorry, forgot to link it.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Ha. Phuk you Gritter.

Your cricket team is even shittier then ours now. And that's a REAL slam.

We may be 15 years behind the USA but we are richer than Americans. And 3rd world???
    Everything outside of USA is 3rd world to me.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

No your opinion doesn't really matter even in the little picture Gritters.. Thanks for the reply and being honest anyways buddy!!! Black power!!!

Have fun at your klan meeting pussy boi.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Have fun at your klan meeting pussy boi.
    Thanks Gritters, have fun at your little black lives matter gangster party yourself..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-12-18 at 06:54 PM.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

I think the artist was being too nice to serena. She is much uglier in real life.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Serena looks more like a Turkey bird then anything else in the Cartoon picture.. Love the pacifier on the ground ...

Picture depicts her being a poor loser and spoiled brat throwing a tantrum and nothing more.. This is still making news across the globe... What a joke...

Big John Studd
    Big John Studd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10063

That's hilarious. Don't get me wrong, I love visiting America but Australia is so much a better place to live it's not funny.