thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

RIP

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

such a HUGE star and then went downhill so fast and mysteriously......... i'd say he was the biggest star in the world, maybe by far in the mid to late 70's.

represented an era so much too.

loved the guy and his antics with johnny carson....... RIP Burt

gojetsgomoxies

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    RIP a real Icon of American culture
    that's so well worded. what i wanted to say ... he really was a cultural icon

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

I'm not sure it's so much a mystery on his later years. Got old + less in-demand. Made a nice comeback in Adam Sandler's re-make of "Longest Yard".

In the end, he got sick + died (like everyone). I don't think he'd say that he got cheated.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29042

boogie nights the only movie of his movies I think I've ever even seen before

gojetsgomoxies

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    I'm not sure it's so much a mystery on his later years. Got old + less in-demand. Made a nice comeback in Adam Sandler's re-make of "Longest Yard".

In the end, he got sick + died (like everyone). I don't think he'd say that he got cheated.
    but there was almost no time period or "body of work" between biggest star in the world and huge has-been. i'm thinking sharkey's machine and cannonball run........ i'm thinking the world changed and stuff like "smokey and the bandit" were considered horrible (justifiably). but burt was stuck in that rut

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Jets, u may have a point there. Burt may been type-cast in a role from that era. I don't recall him covering a broad array of roles.

If you're saying that he basically played the same role in each movie, that's probably a fair criticism. Times changes, maybe he didn't.

MMXVII
    MMXVII's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2565

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    such a HUGE star and then went downhill so fast and mysteriously......... i'd say he was the biggest star in the world, maybe by far in the mid to late 70's.

represented an era so much too.

loved the guy and his antics with johnny carson....... RIP Burt
    He got horrible plastic surgery.

First 12