The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    Kracken look into monthly trailer rentals adventures in camping has very nice models they deliver and pick up and hook up all have kitchen bathroom beds
    Found a tent camp site for $2/night, can bike in. Thata tough to beat

Honestly Im not looking for ideas how to live for 6 weeks, Im looking for places to camp on the weekends that isnt the santa cruz mtns

Will go as far south as big sur, got no other ideas or plans

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

Campsites on the beach are crowded. Cops patrol areas posted no overnite last time i drove that area. Campsites inland from beach or in nearby mountains are cheaper and more available.

The Kraken

So far Ive got my first night booked which is 9/9, staying at Big Basin Redwood sp or some shit like that

Then i have a week off. Original plan was to hit the beach but might reconsider now and head over to Yosemite.

Will probably finish off with castle rock sp because its aso close to work

Will post some pics once Im there, especially if I hit the beach

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Not in Cali Krak but forget the haters. I "luxury" camp and my double wide and tall mattress is more comfortable then this expensive one at home.

The gym idea is good though if you go to an "official" campsite they will have showers and such, but it will cost you to stay. Unless you can find something near and hit one everyone morning from a unofficial site.

I've camped a ton in the PNW but not in Cali. Depending on your commute , it might be easier to get an "official" site as close to work as possible, skip the gym membership, and you'll have a shower and shiyter and can bounce straight to work.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Not in Cali Krak but forget the haters. I "luxury" camp and my double wide and tall mattress is more comfortable then this expensive one at home.

The gym idea is good though if you go to an "official" campsite they will have showers and such, but it will cost you to stay. Unless you can find something near and hit one everyone morning from a unofficial site.

I've camped a ton in the PNW but not in Cali. Depending on your commute , it might be easier to get an "official" site as close to work as possible, skip the gym membership, and you'll have a shower and shiyter and can bounce straight to work.
    Thanks for the advice, seems like you been there done that, I may come to rely on you. Im finding the weekends are hard to book, so thats gonna be interesting. May have to head out to Yosemite and so wildcamping.

As for the gym, Im gonna do it primarily because I’ll be working full time and camping, and I need something to do and working out will be a good distraction. The shower will be nice but like you said, I could find that at a campground.

$’s not an issue ao I think Im gonna join the Bay club Cupertino and enjoy the pool, hot and sauna, and once my fam gets to Cali they can enjoy it as well....

i found a decent cot and bag that is comfortable as hell. Im pretty excited about it, will let you you know how it goes.

Between the 10th-17th I may be in Yosemite or Big Sur, dont really have anywhere to be so Im just gonna wing it

This is more car camping than backpacking, ultralight isnt necessary so Im going for comfort like you said

First 12