BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Fallen homie remembrance #7. Rest in Peace Rodney.

This one hurts badly because it was so unexpected and sad at the same time. Everything was going so great for him and then BAM!

Damn....

Rodney was one of the most hardened gangbangers I have ever run across. Nothing ever phased him. He's been involved in all types of crime growing up, been involved in murders, always getting into fights with police, beating shyt out of dudes that owed him money, in and out of lock up. The dude was as real as it got and still to this day, I have not run into anyone as hard as him.

Well one day, I was on a street corner with him and some of the homies as they were rolling dice. I was just sitting back chilling and drinking malt liquor. Rodney was on hot streak. "PAY UP MOTHER FUKKER, PAY THAT SHYT UP!!! He was snatching up everyones money. "This is the roll where I break all you mother fuckers" and while he's about to roll, I tell him "yo Rodney, aint that the punk ass bitch that owes you money?" Rodney looked up and said "hell yeah that's that mother fukker. Hold on, I gotta handle my business". So he drops the dice and walks over and said "aye mother fukker, come hear I need to talk to you." The dude says "I don't have it yet". Rodney then says "what the fukk you mean you aint got it yet?". The dude tells him "I'm trying Rodney, I'm really trying. I'll have it soon. I'm just walking to pick my daughter up from the bus stop".

Rodney then says "FUKK THAT. You always have some bull shyt excuse every time I see you. You know what? run them pockets!" The dude then says "Rodney please, the only money I have right now is the money for my daughter to eat for the rest of the week, that's all I have. I don't even eat, I'm just trying to feed my little girl". Rodney then says "I DON'T GIVE A FUKK ABOUT THAT, RUN THEM MOTHER FUKKIN POCKETS, RIGHT NOW!!!!" The dude says "I can't do that" and that's when Rodney starts kicking his ass right there on the sidewalk. "DID YOU HEAR WHAT I JUST SAID??? RUN THEM MOTHER FUKKIN POCKETS, B1TCH!!!" The dude is trying his best to fight off Rodney, but Rodney has a visible size advantage over him. Me and the other homies are sitting back laughing our asses off.

At this point, the dude is hurt and lying on the ground and Rodney is running all through his pockets. He even takes it a step further and takes off the dudes shoes to make sure he's not hiding anything. While the dude is lying on the ground and Rodney is walking back to the dice game, we suddenly hear screams of tears as a girl is running towards the dude on the ground from a school bus. "DADDY!!!!! DADDY!!! ARE YOU ALRIGHT? WHAT HAPPENED DADDY!?? Mind you, this girl is only 8 or 9 years old. Her dad begins crying saying "I'm sorry, baby. I'm so sorry. I tried my best. Please forgive me, baby." I noticed that he wasn't looking up to his daughter, but his face was towards the ground. I thought he was too hurt to look up, but I finally understood that he didn't look up to her not because he was hurt.... He didn't look up because he couldn't bear to see his daughters tears.

So while Rodney was about to roll the dice, he kept hesitating. "roll that dice dawg" one of the homies said. He then gave off a deep sigh and laid the dice back down and walked back over to the dude still laying on the ground and his daughter. Both of them still crying, Rodney pulls the dude up, reaches in his pocket and pulls out a wad of bills and put what looked to be $500 in cash in his pocket. I then heard him say "go take your daughter out for ice cream. Hurry up and get out of here before I change my mind." The father had the biggest look of disbelief I have ever seen and went limping down the street while holding his daughters hand.

Rodney walks back to us and says "that's enough for today, I'm out" and walked away. All of the homies (me included) were like what the fukk????? I have never seen Rodney do something like that EVER!!!!

Rodney came over my house later that night, sat down on the couch and told me when a long pause and deep sigh: "I don't want to do this shyt anymore". I said "what do you mean". He then said "when I saw him and his daughter crying on the pavement, something got to me at that very moment..... I can't keep doing this. I've caused so much pain over the years and I just can't keep doing it". I then said "I don't get where you're coming from, dawg". He then said he wanted to get baptized and saved. I looked at him like "wtf? you can't be serious."

But it turns out he really was serious. He stopped gangbanging, got baptized and became saved. He became a member of a church and became really involved with helping out the community. He completely turned his life around.....

But unfortunately, you can't always escape your past. While Rodney was no longer gangbanging, he still had enemies amongst him. After a Sunday night church service, Rodney stopped at a gas station. While fueling up, a car drove up behind him and someone got out from the backseat and got in Rodneys face. After about a minute of back and forth arguing, the dude from the backseat pulled out of gun and shot Rodney down in cold blood. According to a couple of eyewitnesses, Rodney had both arms open and was trying to plead with the shooter saying something along the lines of "lets stop this senseless violence, brother." and that's when the shooter pulled out his pistol and shot him down....

When I heard the news, I just said to myself all day. "why God? WHYYYYYYYYYYYY??????

Rest in Peace, Rodney.

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13684

rodney peete?

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

Saloon this garbage

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11618

Rappin' Rodney got no respect.

RIP, Rodney.
    Last edited by ByeShea; 08-19-18 at 09:42 AM.
    Points Awarded:

MaltedHopsFrenzy gave ByeShea 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Losco View Post
    rodney peete?

I was standing on side of end zone.

Bucs leading at home.

Few seconds left.

Rodney Peete runs it in from 5yds out for a TD & 17-16 Lions win.

I was crushed as a kid.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Not reading all that shit. Worlds probably a better place.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

BB - the forum title "Players Talk" does not mean this is a site for ebonics nor black history

you are taking it the wrong way

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    Saloon this garbage
    Thank u

MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7439

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Rappin' Rodney got no respect.

RIP, Rodney.

Beat me to it.....

jayfly
    jayfly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10713

LOL at this bull shit

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

RIP to all the homies

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Quote Originally Posted by jayfly View Post
    LOL at this bull shit
    This is not bullshyt.... This is 100% certified REAL shyt.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28935

Sounds like Rodney went soft.
    Had he remained a gangbanger he'd probably still be alive today...or maybe not.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Bigbusiness you are going too fast. I am still not done remembering Darnell.