JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Don't divorce... Financial nightmare. Off topic a bit but thought to share, just my take -

I'd say don't marry unless you both have God in your lives, if one is more financially wealthy then the other a prenump is in order then, can't be lopsided. If she or he doesn't want to sign then forget about it.... Also, everyone that I know that has God in their lives don't get divorced.. The ones that don't have God typically do get divorced.. Kids suffer then, child support and alimony payments are tremendous as JJ would say..

I've got horror stories to tell of close friends over the years that been there and done all that.. I've seen it play out. It gets ugly.. Real ugly and I wish that on no one. ..

Feelings of pure hate develop with all divorced couples on both sides especially when attorneys are involved... Judgements usually go to that single mother with no job by the way..

In California last I checked it's around 50 percent of married couples that will get divorced.. That's nuts!!!

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Don't divorce... Financial nightmare. Off topic a bit but thought to share, just my take -

I'd say don't marry unless you both have God in your lives, if one is more financially wealthy then the other a prenump is in order then, can't be lopsided. If she or he doesn't want to sign then forget about it.... Also, everyone that I know that has God in their lives don't get divorced.. The ones that don't have God typically do get divorced.. Kids suffer then, child support and alimony payments are tremendous as JJ would say..

I've got horror stories to tell of close friends over the years that been there and done all that.. I've seen it play out. It gets ugly.. Real ugly and I wish that on no one. ..

Feelings of pure hate develop with all divorced couples on both sides especially when attorneys are involved... Judgements usually go to that single mother with no job by the way..

In California last I checked it's around 50 percent of married couples that will get divorced.. That's nuts!!!
    That's such bullshit, I don't even think you really believe this.

And the numbers say the opposite. https://www.thoughtco.com/divorce-ra...theists-248494

Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1120

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post

And the numbers say the opposite. https://www.thoughtco.com/divorce-ra...theists-248494
    What else would the atheist website say?

who spends the money doing that research?

better things to spend money on

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm not talking about labeled so called Christians, I'm talking about people that really know God.. Christians that have a personal relationship.. A true belief.. Not just everyday Christians that go to church as a ritual and show so to speak.. There are many that don't get it and call themselves Christians is what I'm trying to say..

There is a big difference there.. Like I said everybody that I know in family and friends that really have the love of God in their hearts don't get divorced..

California has a divorce rate of slightly over 50 percent.. That goes for Atheists and Christians or for anyone with other religious beliefs..

I just present the facts and what I experience in my life.. Take it for what it's worth..

How it's explained to me and my understanding -

Picture a simple triangle drawn on a piece of paper with GOD at the top of that triangle, you and your wife are at the bottom corners.. God is always put first even before your own kids.. That's what works.. Just saying..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-19-18 at 09:18 PM.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I'm not talking about labeled so called Christians, I'm talking about people that really know God.. Christians that have a personal relationship.. A true belief.. Not just everyday Christians that go to church as a ritual and show so to speak.. There are many that don't get it and call themselves Christians is what I'm trying to say..

There is a big difference there.. Like I said everybody that I know in family and friends that really have the love of God in their hearts don't get divorced..

California has a divorce rate of slightly over 50 percent.. That goes for Atheists and Christians or for anyone with other religious beliefs..

I just present the facts and what I experience in my life.. Take it for what it's worth..

How it's explained to me and my understanding -

Picture a simple triangle drawn on a piece of paper with GOD at the top of that triangle, you and your wife are at the bottom corners.. God is always put first even before your own kids.. That's what works.. Just saying..

Seems to me you're reverse engineering. When you find someone who's divorced, then you ascribe that they don't really know God.

I just don't think there is any actual evidence that "people who put God first" have more successful marriages.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Seems to me you're reverse engineering. When you find someone who's divorced, then you ascribe that they don't really know God.

I just don't think there is any actual evidence that "people who put God first" have more successful marriages.
    No I just have a faith and belief that you don't understand D2.. It's all good though..

Keeping it real and honest though - I just don't like when people divorce especially when they have kids.. Kids suffer the most... I understand people fall out of love though.. Gotta work thru it if you are married and made that commitment... Try... It's always easy to walk away which is a cowardly move.. Til death do you part and thru bad and for worse.. You're a team in life... Ride it out I say!!!

Nothing more impressive to me seeing an elderly couple in their golden years married for 50+ years.. Brings a smile to my face every time ..

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

This handle

She Teased you

Or

She Erased you

You guys are slipping behind the keys

W/ your characters

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

She traded you

Your being handed Binoculars,

Shipwrecked on Gullible’s Isle

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

47 posts w/ that join date

And 70% are responding about offshore books

Mostly heritage

Guys

Cmon

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Just look who SterasedU

Sent points too

Cmon

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    That is the precedent regarding gifts:

"Unless the property is proven to be for the sole use of one spouse and or specifically for the sole benefit of one spouse the property is deemed to be marital and not seperate"

Seperate property is:
    Inherited
    Personal injury rewards
    Bought with previously seperate property
    Identified as seperate by agreement
    Pre marital

The posters summary fails on all these merits. The husband will get an equitable distribution.
    as someone that sold insurance and worked with lawyers setting up estates you are dead wrong. Just like if you can show ownership in things before the marriage it doesn't automatically become common property by marriage. Whomever told you that should have their law license revoked.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    as someone that sold insurance and worked with lawyers setting up estates you are dead wrong. Just like if you can show ownership in things before the marriage it doesn't automatically become common property by marriage. Whomever told you that should have their law license revoked.
    don't condemn too fast, as you could be talkin' about two different states, and all 50 have their own family codes and marital property structures, and then bodies of case law interpreting them.....

i think there are like 9 community property states, and the rest are "common law" states...... even among each category, there are differences in how these two general sets of rules are applied.....

yep... found a map of the community property states..... (not sure when dated, but don't think any state has done a dramatic switch from one to the other any time as of late):

First 12