TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

Advice on letting someone you've been dating down easy.....

This probably belongs in the saloon but i know i'll get more responses in here in the interim. This girl is as sweet as can be and and has been as good to me as possible in so many ways. She said she loved me 6 months ago when I was blacked out and I guess I said it back but the next day I was like hey sorry i got so drunk last night I barely remember anything and havent said I love you since even though she is madly in love with me. She even bought me a boat as a gift because mine was tied up in court with a crooked mechanic who tried to overcharge me 9k and it notorious for screwing ppl over. I told her I couldn't accept it and when she refused to let me give it back I told her then I'll pay for her back for it. It was like a 30k boat and I already have a 17 foot whaler I love in purgatory. Anyways for months I have known I don't love her and don't see a future between us. Her dad has bad cancer and she starts law school in two weeks. I just don't want to be an a hole and the timing couldn't be worse with all that is going on with her family life and how much focus it will take her when she starts school. I just feel stuck with the timing aspect and still owing her like 20k. Was not expecting that expense this summer.

For months I have been trying to get out of this and even dumped her one time when I was a little drunk and she was being a bitch. She went ballistic and even threatened to kill herself that night. I got very angry she did that as it is a very sensitive subject for me. She promised to never do it again and that she was just saying that etc and I took her back. I started to have a crush on an old flame that became single after years 2 months ago and we have been flirting a lot. I really think she could be the one but I have to get out of this relationship first. I was thinking of saying I'm depressed etc and my therapist is adamant I should be single focusing on recovery. It's not you it's me type of thing and say I need a break for a while and just let it fade etc. I know a lot of you will say just be honest with her but I just know it would do more damage than coming up with a believable excuse on why we should not see each other.

Freaking social media also is a bitch. If I start dating that other girl and she sees it would be ugly. Dios Mio. Any advice would be appreciated. I even thought about saying I am moving to florida for work in a month and can't do long distance. This is really weighing on me boys.

allwater334
    allwater334's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

This is y u shouldn't drink or do drugs because it changes who u r. 28 years old and never a sip of alcohol or any drugs and I live just fine with gambling.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Just tell her sorry, but your gay.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Just tell her sorry, but your gay.

TheMetsSuck

That would prob lead to her wanting to best best friends lol

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47513

I'd just be honest and do not string her along any further. If you lie, she will probably find out and cause you more drama down the line. Yes, she will be hurt but you have to do what you have to do.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Just keep her on the side. Who knows??? She's probably dating someone behind your back too.

TheMetsSuck

yea and then the girl i actually want to date and the crazy one figure it out on instagram and im up shiats creek with both

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

similar situation

jts1207
    jts1207's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

Bought you a boat and is going to school to be a lawyer? PM me her number. Thanks
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: turbobets

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47513

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    yea and then the girl i actually want to date and the crazy one figure it out on instagram and im up shiats creek with both
    that's why just being honest is probably your best bet but your call.

turbobets
    turbobets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13715

Similar situation but no boat and girl was never going to become anything close to a lawyer but was a good girlfriend. I knew I would never marry her so when the ex-wife contacted me I used it as my out. Told her my ex wanted to get back together and I was going to give it a shot. Never heard from her again.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

how does she look

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20457

Points Awarded:

KVB gave VeggieDog 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Foxx gave VeggieDog 14 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

careful with the mental illness ladies

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

I don’t know about the rest of it but why do u owe 20k? The boat? Just give it back to her

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

Gonna need to see a picture so we can get a better handle on how to proceed

phinfan27615
    phinfan27615's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2310

bro if u do this guarantee a month or 2 w the ex and youll want this chick you have now back

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by phinfan27615 View Post
    bro if u do this guarantee a month or 2 w the ex and youll want this chick you have now back
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: phinfan27615

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

If true, stay with her...she adores you and will be a life changer.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

You’re not married man, play the field

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

BoAts? Wtf. Jesus.

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 388

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    BoAts? Wtf. Jesus.

My only advice would be being honest. At least you can walk away not being an ahole and let her move on.

How did you let it get to this point and string bere along if you cared about her...

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    This is actually good advice. Not so much the exact details, but the idea to put her in a position to break it off with you. I haven’t seen Seinfield in a bit, I’m going to fire up this episode if I can find it.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

I've watched enough Judge Judy to know one can't get a gift returned after a break up......unless it's a guy who got the gift from a girl. That strident wench will laugh at the notion your boat is a gift. She'll screech, "What girl in her right mind is just gonna give you a boat. Who do you think you are, Casanova?"

If the girl goes, the boat goes.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

haven't read any of the replies, but sometimes, if you can, lead her to the decision that she wants to dump you; make her decide to end it.....

if she doesn't know, tell her you;re a degenerate gambler (or something else you know is a deal breaker for her), and it'll be her decision to kick you to the curb....

SBR Genie
    SBR Genie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11946

My question is...why you don't like her? Give her a chance to know her better. Girls are prone to feel rejection and that rejection sometimes will challenge them to keep them going. If you really don't like her, keep the distance because the more you get attachment the more you just hurt her.

Auto Donk

bottom line, just be honest with her and say, look, you're great, beautiful, any guy lucky to have you, but I'm just not there/feeling it/feeling the same (whatever it is, be honest), and am not ready for a committed relationship.....

honesty generally always the best policy....

and, my advice is to be upfront and end it, don't start the sneakin' around routine and play both sides of the fence.....

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Genie View Post
    My question is...why you don't like her? Give her a chance to know her better. Girls are prone to feel rejection and that rejection sometimes will challenge them to keep them going. If you really don't like her, keep the distance because the more you get attachment the more you just hurt her.
    Good question and good info from a very pretty lady!

Auto Donk

if you can't muster the courage to directly tell her, invite her over and have this playing in the background on a loop:

shoes's kinda on the other foot in the song, but trust me, she'll get the point......

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Lol, she brought him a boat. Pretty sure they're past the getting to know each other part.

At this point the only option is to fake his death and move away.
    Last edited by bigtymer56; 08-07-18 at 12:01 PM.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Lol, she brought him a boat. Pretty sure they're past the getting to know each part.

At this point on the only option is to fake his death and move away.
    DAMN, guess i should've read all that.....

you're right....

good news is, we can move the boat to a slip I have in a Galveston marina, buy some shitty boat and blow it up off shore that he's allegedly on, move him to texas, re-register the boat, etc.., collect life insurance,, get him a new identity, and move on.....

SBR Genie
    SBR Genie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11946

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Lol, she brought him a boat. Pretty sure they're past the getting to know each part.

At this point on the only option is to fake his death and move away.
    and why reach to that point? where you already fully known the girl before saying that you don't like her or not seeing her as your wife to be? Does it mean that you only give her the false hope? number one rule, if you think you can't reciprocate the love that the girl is willing to give, don't give her false hope, don't send her sweet messages, don't ask her out, or don't send him a photo of you with your cute pets beside, because at the end of the day you will just break her heart.

Auto Donk

and why reach to that point? where you already fully known the girl before saying that you don't like her or not seeing her as your wife to be? Does it mean that you only give her the false hope? number one rule, if you think you can't reciprocate the love that the girl is willing to give, don't give her false hope, don't send her sweet messages, don't ask her out, or don't send him a photo of you with your cute pets beside, because at the end of the day you will just break her heart.
    very true, you can't have it both ways....

if you're out, you need to get out.... if you're still "goin' there" for whatever reason, knowing it's sending the wrong signals, then either you're a selfish individual or you're not really "out" yourself, and aren't being honest/true to your own emotions and feelings about her....

12 Last