Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Florida Man Not Charged Due To "Stand Your Ground" Law

A man who was captured on surveillance video fatally shooting another man in Clearwater, Florida, during a parking-spot spat as his young son watched nearby will not be arrested or charged by police, according to Pinellas County Sheriff.

"I don't make the law. I enforce the law," Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri said during a news conference today. "The law in the state of Florida today is that people have a right to stand their ground and have a right to defend themselves when they believe that they are in harm."

The sheriff announced the case will be sent to the state attorney's office for review.

"This will go to the state attorney. Drejka will not be charged [and] will not be arrested by us," Sheriff Gualtieri said. "The state attorney will review it and either he’ll concur or not. And, if he concurs, then there’ll be no charge. Period. If he doesn’t concur, then he’ll make a determination as to what to do with it. And, if he feels like he can overcome that heavy burden at a Stand Your Ground hearing of proving by clear and convincing evidence that Drejka was not entitled to use force in this circumstance, then that’s the state attorney’s determination to make."

According to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, around 3:28 p.m. Thursday, Britany Jacobs, 24, was sitting in her car in a handicapped parking space outside a Circle A Food Store while her boyfriend Markeis McGlockton, 28, and their son Markeis McGlockton Jr., 5, went into the store.

While the father and son were in the store, Jacobs was approached by Michael Drejka, 47, police said. The two then got into an argument because of where Jacobs was parked, according to police.

"According to witnesses, McGlockton exited the store and walked over to Drejka who was still arguing with Jacobs in the parking lot. Witnesses say McGlockton forcibly pushed Drejka causing Drejka to fall to the ground. Witnesses told detectives that Drejka was on the ground when he took out a handgun and fired one single round at McGlockton striking him in the chest," police said in a statement.

McGlockton was transported to a hospital for life-threatening injuries but was pronounced dead about 4:04 p.m. Thursday, according to authorities.

Deputies transported Drejka to the North District Station to be interviewed by detectives, who also took possession of Drejka's handgun. Drejka had a valid Florida concealed weapons license, police said.

Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law, which was enacted in 2005, allows residents to use force, including deadly force, if they "reasonably believe" they are at risk of death or great bodily harm. The law specifies that people have "no duty to retreat" from their homes or vehicles if they feel threatened.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Should be a federal law

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Who the fuk just walks up and attacks someone like that?

Of course they shouldn't have been parked in the handicap but some people think rules don't apply to them

Kind of on the fence over him actually shooting though. Pointing the gun pretty much ended it the attack was over

Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1120

I’m on the fence as well, the guy was a piece of shit for pushing him, but he didn’t hit him after etc. Once he pulled the gun you can see him clearly back up, and then shoot a couple seconds later.

I live in Florida and love stand your ground, but I don’t think stand your ground was intended to confront someone and then when it gets heated pull out a gun.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Becareful on who you decide to push down with a blind side attack.... He could be packing and use it...Lesson learned...

I like Florida and moving there one day.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Fire in da hole View Post
    I’m on the fence as well, the guy was a piece of shit for pushing him, but he didn’t hit him after etc. Once he pulled the gun you can see him clearly back up, and then shoot a couple seconds later.

I live in Florida and love stand your ground, but I don’t think stand your ground was intended to confront someone and then when it gets heated pull out a gun.
    It was a violent push and the old guy was most likely injured. Who knows what was said or if there were more threats. If the guy who pushed him said, "I'm gonna fukin kill you" after he just walked up and went straight to violent behavior then I can't blame the shooter too much. If they were just standing there looking at each other then it seemed unnecessary to me.

dlowilly

You know what, I just watched the video again and the guy was continuing to advance after pushing him to the ground. He only stopped when he saw the man had a gun and it was probably a second between him advancing and him stopping. Can't expect the old guy to give the benefit of the doubt and have precision reaction time and thought processing after hitting the deck hard. I say not guilty.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

justice

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Wait, did this involve stepping on some sneakers?

Was there an SLS in the parking lot?

Asking for a friend.

bababoyee
    bababoyee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1268

Lol. Dlowilly, why do you keep saying old man.
    The guy was 47 years old.
    Not an old man.
    Seemed premature to me but without the audio, it’s tough to say

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by bababoyee View Post
    Lol. Dlowilly, why do you keep saying old man.
    The guy was 47 years old.
    Not an old man.
    Seemed premature to me but without the audio, it’s tough to say
    Oh the way he was crouched over and pointing it seemed like he was on leave from the retirement home. Not a high quality video

turbobets
    turbobets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13715

Don't know the whole story but just watching the video, that's messed up. All for gun rights but c'mon. It's not like the young dude tried to attack him after the push. Does the woman waiting in the car have a right to shoot the guy lecturing her if she felt threatened?

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by turbobets View Post
    Don't know the whole story but just watching the video, that's messed up. All for gun rights but c'mon. It's not like the young dude tried to attack him after the push. Does the woman waiting in the car have a right to shoot the guy lecturing her if she felt threatened?
    Are you being serious with that swiss cheese argument?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Parked in a handicap spot when they shouldn't have and then physically assaulted someone who questioned their parking choice. I guess this falls under the category

Shame that a kid had to watch his father die though.

dlowilly

Oh no I looked it up and the dead guy is black

Brace for protests and blocked highways

Kermit

In Florida, I think it all comes down to if you feel threatened after being physically assaulted or some shit. The young dude had no right to push him in the first place as the older guy wasn't physically threatening anyone.

turbobets
    turbobets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13715

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Are you being serious with that swiss cheese argument?
    Don't know what you mean? I smell civil lawsuit though.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

yeah he for sure took a few steps and was pulling up at his shorts to do some more fighting or kicking or something

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

It was obvious the older smaller guy was assaulted and surprised.. Almost a natural reaction to reach for his gun and shoot.. If he shot him in the back I'm sure he would have been convicted.. Looks like he shot him once while he was still stunned and on the ground..

It was clear he was surprised and clearly physically out matched as well.. Tough call, do need to hear audio and know and understand the full story...

Kermit

Oh no I looked it up and the dead guy is black

Brace for protests and blocked highways
    I remember reading back when the Trayvon Martin fiasco took place, more black people in Florida take advantage of the "Stand Your Ground" Law than anyone else.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    It was obvious the older smaller guy was assaulted and surprised.. Almost a natural reaction to reach for his gun and shoot.. If he shot him in the back I'm sure he would have been convicted.. Looks like he shot him once while he was still stunned and on the ground..

It was clear he was surprised and clearly physically out matched as well.. Tough call, do need to hear audio and know and understand the full story...
    LOL. Good luck with that. This video looks like it was recorded with toaster from 1987.
    Points Awarded:

beefcake gave Kermit 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ebumdude

Fire in da hole

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    LOL. Good luck with that. This video looks like it was recorded with toaster from 1987.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10251

Not enough guns involved.
    Britanny Jacobs should have been packing with a concealed carry permit so she could have
    blasted Drejka when he initially confronted her.
    Stand Your Parking Spot Ground.
    Most likely Drejka would have been superficially wounded, McGlockton and his son would
    have gotten into the car without incident and everyone could have gone on with their day.

BUT NO.
    Not nearly enough guns were involved and someone had to die.

DO NOT RUIN YOUR DAY.
    COME ON FLORIDA.
    MORE GUNS!! MORE CONCEALED CARRY.

Last edited by 19th Hole; 07-20-18 at 11:05 PM.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Not enough guns involved.
    Britanny Jacobs should have been packing with a concealed carry permit so she could have
    blasted Drejka when he initially confronted her.
    Stand Your Parking Spot Ground.
    Most likely Drejka would have been superficially wounded, McGlockton and his son would
    have gotten into the car without incident and everyone could have gone on with their day.

BUT NO.
    Not nearly enough guns were involved and someone had to die.

DO NOT RUIN YOUR DAY.
    COME ON FLORIDA.
    MORE GUNS!! MORE CONCEALED CARRY.

Well that's an interesting spin

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

agreed

if more people had guns

we'd hit a critical mass, where people realized that they have to assume wherever they are, there are going to be good guys and gals with guns around.

less stupid shit would occur

MORE GUNS!!!!

dlowilly

Don't know what you mean? I smell civil lawsuit though.
    -He continued to move forward after attacking

-The woman wasn't being physically threatened or attacked, she was being criticized for parking in the handicapped spot

Fire in da hole

I bet that guy doesn’t pull that shit and push anyone else

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Fire in da hole View Post
    I bet that guy doesn’t pull that shit and push anyone else
    I bet his gf and son never illegally park in a handicapped space again either
    Last edited by dlowilly; 07-20-18 at 11:35 PM.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10316

amazing some of the daily events that happen every day in our society

Fire in da hole

I bet his gf and son never illegally park in a handicapped spaced again either
    True

and to think all this happened because they are so fkn lazy they parked in a handicap spot

Pbear03
    Pbear03's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1998

The white male has had a history of threatening to shoot people. ABC good morning Tampa Bay reported he threatend another black male for saying he was going to kill him and calling him the N word.

The black male in this video does what a majority of the narative is said. He was a father who took his son to get a candy bar.

Yes the female parked in a spot she shouldn’t have. Fine. But does that allow a 47 yr old, I’ll say it...beta male the right to Harass the woman?

So now we have a father and a Man who is doing the right thing by stepping up and protecting a woman. Something the narative says black males do not do. It’s clear that he was so afraid to stand back up and square up against the black male. The shooter is a weak beta. Only feels strong knowing he has an extension for his lack of manhood in a pistol. Being pushed is not a case of fearing for your life if you’re strong, confident, and know how to defend yourself without a firearm.

It is safe to say this white male cannot stand on his own two feet as a man.

Why do you weak betas feel so bold when you have a gun or when a cop is around?Just like that other beta who called the cops when he got fouls too hard by a black guy when they were both playing basketball at LA fitness in Virginia?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbn...asketball-game

Do black men still scare you guys that much in 2018?
    Last edited by Pbear03; 07-20-18 at 11:51 PM.

ChocMilk23
    Day to Day
    ChocMilk23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Dude got what he deserved...

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Pbear03 View Post
    The white male has had a history of threatening to shoot people. ABC good morning Tampa Bay reported he threatend another black male for saying he was going to kill him and calling him the N word.

The black male in this video does what a majority of the narative is said. He was a father who took his son to get a candy bar.

Yes the female parked in a spot she shouldn’t have. Fine. But does that allow a 47 yr old, I’ll say it...beta male the right to Harass the woman?

So now we have a father and a Man who is doing the right thing by stepping up and protecting a woman. Something the narative says black males do not do. It’s clear that he was so afraid to stand back up and square up against the black male. The shooter is a weak beta. Only feels strong knowing he has an extension for his lack of manhood in a pistol. Being pushed is not a case of fearing for your life if you’re strong, confident, and know how to defend yourself without a firearm.

It is safe to say this white male cannot stand on his own two feet as a man.

Why do you weak betas feel so bold when you have a gun or when a cop is around?Just like that other beta who called the cops when he got fouls too hard by a black guy when they were both playing basketball at LA fitness in Virginia?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbn...asketball-game

LOL there are like two black posters on here paid to troll with a dozen ghosts each, it's sad

Pbear03
    Pbear03's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1998

Amazing insight milk.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Pbear03 View Post

If I come out of a store and my wife is arguing with a man about something, I am going to ask questions before I get violent.

By the way, black males make up the majority of the gun homicides in this country with well over 90% of them being killed by other black men, despite being only 5% of the population.

So who is REALLY scared of black men? White people or Black People?
    Points Awarded:

dlowilly gave Kermit 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dlowilly

1234 ... Last