chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Who parks in a handicapped spot? I've never in my life done that...walk a little further.

The guy was blindsided with a violent push, he probably feared for his life. That said, the guy did not deserve to die.

I know many of you are gun guys but this law seems to open the door for murder with no penalty.
    In ohio it is a 250 dollar fine. Jake ,I use handicap now but never before I got sick.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Not gonna lie. If this case gets overturned by the state Attorney's office and the shooter gets charged with murder and gets sentenced to life in prison, I won't lose any sleep over it.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47513

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    This is all speculation on your part. We don't know what was said between the man and woman. She was the one illegally parked in the spot, so she was kind of the source of the problem. He may have just said "Hey, you shouldn't park in a space that is for crippled people" and she may have said "Fukk you and mind your own business"

It's not like the guy had the gun in his hand and was waving it around in a display of power. He also wasn't being a dick to the guy in the store(as far as the video shows), he was only having a verbal spat with the woman who was in the car parked in the handicapped spot. While I don't think the younger man deserved to die, the older guy also didn't deserve to be assaulted like that.

One of my cranky older neighbors is always confronting people who park in front of his house, and he doesn't have a gun.
    agreed and JayLA wildly speculating as well.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDog View Post
    Anyone who thinks deadly force was justifiable here is crazy, or racist, perhaps both. The guy was literally backing away by the time he pointed the gun. Right there, its over. This guy pulled the gun, and aimed, and paused.. This was no pull and shoot out of fear.

The guy did what most of us would do if we see a guy yelling at our girlfriend.
    you need to go back and look at the video. I pick up for people of color more than anyone here. But you see the kid take a second step til the old man pulled the gun. I was always taught don't pull a gun unless you are going to do it. Now i'm hispanic and have a scar from a cop in the 80's. My dad was shagging the cops wife and he got pay back. I was in college at time delivering pizza when i got cracked by night stick. Thank god neighbor who was a cop rolled up or i really could of taken a beating. Grandfather was a dark puerto rican

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

If I come out of a store and my wife is arguing with a man about something, I am going to ask questions before I get violent.

By the way, black males make up the majority of the gun homicides in this country with well over 90% of them being killed by other black men, despite being only 5% of the population.

So who is REALLY scared of black men? White people or Black People?
    Be careful posting up hard facts like this Kermy..

You'll be called a racist by many and now stereotyped as skinhead hick Trump supporter across the board.. ..

Numbers don't lie though... Is what it is... BLM....

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Way too many gun-nuts here in FL. I've seen some real dumbass situations where people pull their gun.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    i lost a friend because he crack his head on a curb. He was pushed from the side like this. So while it is sad that dude died. He should of been like most young men and just told the old man what he was gonna do.
    Yup, Head vs cement you always lose and some lose BAD!!

I've known people to slam their heads on the ground from just a standing position and experience wicked concussions, I happen to be one of them.. One friend of mine just fell off the back of motorcycle at take off and wasn't holding on to the rider in a siting position, he fell backwards and bounced the back of his head off the cement, that friend of mine was in a coma for a week, woke up with major brain damage.. He's still jacked today and slow after 20 years..

No joke when you go head first into the ground.. Very dangerous..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-21-18 at 10:08 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    everyone involved was a scumbag. you cant be allowed to shoot someone who is backing away though. i dont really mind that he killed that guy in this instance but if someone starts shoving me and i shove them back i dont want them to be able to pull out a gun and kill me while i am backing away.
    That's why you don't push someone back in forth... You keep cool and avoid it if possible, if you have to throw down you punch the dude straight in the chin with every thing you got.. Forget about pushing.. End it in a hurry.. Keep alert and close to the dude..

Knifes suck to.. Mexicans are always packing them here in East LA...

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

How am I wildly speculating that the shooter wasn't being confrontational.....he confronted the woman. Did he call the police like a normal person would/should do when there's a disagreement?

Please.

He's clearly being rude, and she problaby was, too.

Michael Derjka is clearly an instigator. Like Kermit said, not losing sleep if he's convicted.

Again, the kid....

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47513

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    How am I wildly speculating that the shooter wasn't being confrontational.....he confronted the woman. Did he call the police like a normal person would/should do when there's a disagreement?

Please.

He's clearly being rude, and she problaby was, too.

Michael Derjka is clearly an instigator. Like Kermit said, not losing sleep if he's convicted.

Again, the kid....
    you made a ton of assumptions.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

I'm all for guns but if some of you really thought that guy deserved to die, I don't know what to tell you... The worst part is the kid growing up without a father and holding a grudge for the rest of his life.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Did he deserve to die? No he did not.. However, do aggressive stupid things and really bad things can happen..

Don't go pushing older white guys you don't know to the ground blind side, instead call the police or talk him down..

Also don't bring just your fists to a gun fight.. You'll lose every time.. Lot's of old timers do own and carry guns in Florida because they know they can't physically defend themselves against you muscular punks.. Carry and conceal permit laws are laxxed too..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-21-18 at 11:07 AM.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

This is what happens when we have laws that don't allow you to protect yourself with reasonable force or "stand your ground" provisions. This guy gets attacked by 3 dudes and goes to prison for defending himself.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/05...-attacker.html

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    This is what happens when we have laws that don't allow you to protect yourself with reasonable force or "stand your ground" provisions. This guy gets attacked by 3 dudes and goes to prison for defending himself.

Under Connecticut law, assault victims cannot use deadly force if they are able to retreat from their attackers. By contrast, 27 states — most notably Florida — have passed so-called “stand-your-ground” laws, which entitle citizens to use force in self-defense if there is a reasonable belief of a threat.

I think the difference with this Florida one is that the "victim" was on the ground in a vulnerable position and wasn't able to retreat.

Kermit

I think the shooter's past should be looked into and taken into consideration to see if he had prior incidents like this. It could show a sign of anger issues.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post

Apparently after he was jumped by the 3 males, they left the scene and the guy chased after them and stabbed one of them in the leg. I think if he would have stabbed one of them during the actual attack, he would have been ok. This is why he got charged with a 1st degree assault.

I can't blame the guy though, many people in anger would have probably done the same thing.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

The difference in the laws is my main point of contention. I believe that it was determined that in the CT case that the man did act in self defense, but had the opportunity to run. When he decided to confront his attackers, he ran afoul of the law. In FL you can "stand your ground" and do not need to run so that you don't get your ass kicked or worse.

I don't believe that if you use self defense that you should have to worry about going to prison as long as you have a reasonable claim.

Sumpter was working at a Dunkin’ Donuts in Norwalk last October when he was jumped by three males. After being assaulted, Sumpter stabbed one of them in the leg.During the hearing, he said he was defending himself.
    Judge John Blawie told Sumpter that he believed his version of events, but had to follow the letter of the law. He was convicted of felony first-degree assault.

chico2663

it is same way in ohio. you have to let them escape even if you catch them breaking in.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

lol this doesnt warrant someone getting killed. this is whats wrong with certain people being allowed to own firearms any little thing and they are shooting. no personal restraint. beware cheering this on it will only lead to more people doing this and a more chaotic society which is exactly what your controllers want

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I think the shooter's past should be looked into and taken into consideration to see if he had prior incidents like this. It could show a sign of anger issues.
    True, a clean criminal history with a conceal and carry permit should give the guy a lot of slack when using deadly force in a situation like in this thread..

Now if he didn't have a conceal and carry permit and was a known felon then that's a completely different story..

Many factors should be considered in a case like this..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    it is same way in ohio. you have to let them escape even if you catch them breaking in.
    That's crap, for example - if you have robber break into your house in the middle of the night I think you should be allowed to shoot them in the back, front, side or what ever from any reasonable distance..

That's a situation I experienced and you just don't know what a robber is gonna do in the dark while you're still half asleep... I had the opportunity to shoot a break in house robber in the back and I didn't as he bolted out the broken window he came in through..

I almost pulled the trigger.. Very close to blasting him in the back as he turned and ran in my house....

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    True, a clean criminal history with a conceal and carry permit should give the guy a lot of slack when using deadly force in a situation like in this thread..

Now if he didn't have a conceal and carry permit and was a known felon then that's a completely different story..

none of that makes any sense or matters. the guy's life wasnt threatened at all. there have been cases where someone's house was broken into and the robber shot and the shooter was charged. this is one way they get you to continue to rip apart of what's left of your fake constitution but you never notice the tricks, you didnt notice them in the school "shootings" either, I told you years ago this would happen.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    none of that makes any sense or matters. the guy's life wasnt threatened at all. there have been cases where someone's house was broken into and the robber shot and the shooter was charged. this is one way they get you to continue to rip apart of what's left of your fake constitution but you never notice the tricks, you didnt notice them in the school "shootings" either, I told you years ago this would happen.
    Constitution has held up for what 300 years now.. United States of America has been one of if not the best and safest Countries in the world.. Constitution is working but being put to the test lately...

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

lol this doesnt warrant someone getting killed. this is whats wrong with certain people being allowed to own firearms any little thing and they are shooting. no personal restraint. beware cheering this on it will only lead to more people doing this and a more chaotic society which is exactly what your controllers want
    I agree he didn't deserve to die for pushing someone

He kept coming at him though and I think it's a lot to ask for just some Joe Schmoe who just got blindsided to cool and calmly determine in a second how lethal the threat is

If he had no gun I have no doubt the man would have been moderately to seriously injured by the deceased, yet all he was doing was talking to the girl about parking illegally like an asshole

I'll say it again. You shouldn't have to accept a beating so the attacker can live.

jtoler

Constitution has held up for what 300 years now.. United States of America has been one of if not the best and safest Countries in the world.. Constitution is working but being put to the test lately...
    the constitution was never meant for you in the first place, this is what americans seem to fail to understand. anyway youre living in the most violent societies on earth, how do you always seem to post the opposite of reality Jibber.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

the constitution was never meant for you in the first place, this is what americans seem to fail to understand. anyway youre living in the most violent societies on earth, how do you always seem to post the opposite of reality Jibber.
    Yes there is violence in the hoods of America... Still you can't compare America to places like Somalia, Syria, Mexico, South America, and many other Countries in West Africa..

I'm not the one being naive here Jtoler.. I live in a safe area that sees little violence and crime.. I'm sure you do too..

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

yeah that's not how the justice system works

doesn't matter the shooter was not and will not be arrested.

no charges

nothing else to see here

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    yeah that's not how the justice system works

doesn't matter the shooter was not and will not be arrested.

no charges

nothing else to see here
    I know, often times in a Court and jury case the jury is not allowed to know about prior similar crimes or the criminal histories..

I don't agree with that though in many cases.. Patterns of behavior should always be considered in criminal cases.. If someone does it one, twice or three times, they are likely to continue on doing it. 3 strikes law comes to mind..

jtoler

Yes there is violence in the hoods of America... Still you can't compare America to places like Somalia, Syria, Mexico, South America, and many other Countries in West Africa..

I'm not the one being naive here Jtoler.. I live in a safe area that sees little violence and crime.. I'm sure you do too..
    safe until its not safe, last I checked chicago and every hood is still in america. this didnt happen in the hood, I see houses around selling for 300k and 500k. if the guy would have shot him once its wrong in my book he shot him and the guy is turned walking away he continues to shoot with killing apparently in his mind, he probably emptied the clip, the guy was no threat after he even pulled the gun as the guy starts to retreat then. if this is ruled like this then it warrants killing anyone who shoves or pushes you in a simple argument or disagreement about anything which happens a million times a day in society.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

3 strikes law comes to mind..
    that is for sentencing

after blind justice has made a decision on the facts of the individual case

correct?

you don't decide to arrest or not arrest someone based on their history

you apply the facts of the law to the situation

dlowilly

McGlockton, the guy who was shot, has been arrested on drug charges and for aggravated battery. Pretty sure when he kept walking towards him after he threw him to the ground he wasn't going to ask if he was ok. Could have been avoided but it never should have become physical.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chi_archie

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    McGlockton, the guy who was shot, has been arrested on drug charges and for aggravated battery. Pretty sure when he kept walking towards him after he threw him to the ground he wasn't going to ask if he was ok. Could have been avoided but it never should have become physical.
    no shouldnt have become physical and maybe people look more at the age and way the guy was pushed. I can see many though if they came out of the store and their say girlfriend was being called a kunt and a whore by some guy and then them pushing, punching, or shoving someone.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    See he was a trouble maker.. Had a history of violence..

He made trouble again this time and didn't walk away from it alive.. Can't feel to sorry for him.. He should have minded his own business, instead he decided to get physical in what was just a verbal match that had nothing to do with him and he paid the ultimate price with his life..

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

"The store owner tells ABC Action News that Drejka has a history of assaulting people in the very parking lot the shooting took place. A man who frequents the store told ABC Action News he had a run-in with the man who opened fire just one month ago. Rich Kelly says the man picked a fight with him over a parking spot, using racial slurs, and even threatening to kill him. Now, a month later, a similar case, ending with a father killed in front of his 5-year-old son."

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...venience-store

You know, as gamblers, I would think most of you would be a bit more objective.

I'm not defending being overly aggressive and not thinking things through but let's not act like Michael Drejka wasn't looking for a reason to pull the trigger. It's very clear this guy is a self-righteous crusader akin to Zimmernan.
    He finally got pushed so he knows he can use a firearm in good ol' Florida.

You're all very obvious with your bias. It's kind of funny.
    Last edited by JayLA; 07-21-18 at 01:52 PM.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    "The store owner tells ABC Action News that Drejka has a history of assaulting people in the very parking lot the shooting took place. A man who frequents the store told ABC Action News he had a run-in with the man who opened fire just one month ago. Rich Kelly says the man picked a fight with him over a parking spot, using racial slurs, and even threatening to kill him. Now, a month later, a similar case, ending with a father killed in front of his 5-year-old son."

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...venience-store

You know, as gamblers, I would think most of you would be a bit more objective.

I'm not defending being overly aggressive and not thinking things through but let's not act like Michael Drejka wasn't looking for a reason to pull the trigger. It's very clear this guy is a self-righteous crusader akin to Zimmernan.
    He finally got pushed so he knows he can use a firearm in good ol' Florida.

You're all very obvious with your bias. It's kind of funny.
    Biased? I assume ur referring to race and I don't think most people including me knew the dead guy was black until halfway through the thread after we already said he fuked up blindsiding him to the pavement

And a "history of assaulting people"? I'm sorry but that sounds like bs. He wouldn't be legally carrying a concealed weapon if he was running around assaulting people. More likely it's ur typical fellow blacks lying or stretching the truth for their fallen bro. He didn't even assault anyone in this case, just talking and probably called her a rude stupid bitch for parking in handicapped which she was.
    Last edited by dlowilly; 07-21-18 at 01:59 PM.

First 123456 ... Last