TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    No need to get physical unless a threat to other guests, and even then it's a thin line...if just about payment call the police and forget the booze..."management" turned an expense into a liability. As an owner I would term her("manager") and throw her under the bus and hope to survive the lawsuit...
    You wouldn't survive the lawsuit. Good thought though. Owner is liable no matter who's working. Only hope would be business insurance that covers uneducated employees lol

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11839

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    "Meh, oh well"?

If the bouncer was white and the customer black it would be all over the news

This customer actually paid something. Those dudes at the Philly Starbucks didn't even get touched and had a Nasdaq Mega Corporation close 8000 stores for a day because of them.
    Race sensitivity for white people doesn't apply in the media.. Talk about racial equality.. It hasn't for a long time.. I'm surprised this story was even reported and or covered for that matter in the news.

The white dude in the bar should have just paid his bill though. The legal and right thing to do is call the police and have him charged for not paying his bill if that was his intent.. Maybe hold him inside and lock the front door until police arrive. Not to throw him in a choke hold, slam him to the ground and rape his pockets for money..

Black bouncer took it to far.. Thug move for sure....

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

just bad business too right?

even if the bar doesn't get hit with a massive lawsuit and closed down due to lack of $

the bad publicity and reviews will likely lead to a massive drop in revenue. Even if its as little as 10% a day for the next 6 months. its tens of thousands of dollars.

so knowing that someone was video-ing, was it worth it to make a point over less than $100?

smart male manager would have called the goon bouncer off realizing this

woman on her period and recently cheated on by a man maybe?

yeah not manager material

amirite?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

One of my favorite comments I've seen on this:

[–]Bizzatch 187 points 18 hours ago
    BARS HATE HIM: By following this one simple trick, you too can become the owner of a bar. Click next for details.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14344

What’s the latest?

DiggityDaggityDo

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    What’s the latest?
    It’s a wrestling school now.

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    just bad business too right?

even if the bar doesn't get hit with a massive lawsuit and closed down due to lack of $

the bad publicity and reviews will likely lead to a massive drop in revenue. Even if its as little as 10% a day for the next 6 months. its tens of thousands of dollars.

so knowing that someone was video-ing, was it worth it to make a point over less than $100?

smart male manager would have called the goon bouncer off realizing this

woman on her period and recently cheated on by a man maybe?

yeah not manager material

amirite?
    sounds about right!!!

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3457

guy filming it is a bitch... if that bouncer did that to my boy I would of cracked him over the skull with a chair and had been justified in doing so ..

phinfan27615
    phinfan27615's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2298

Why is this a story? Bouncers kick the crap out of drunks all the time

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post
    guy filming it is a bitch... if that bouncer did that to my boy I would of cracked him over the skull with a chair and had been justified in doing so ..
    +1...

not sure that would have been enough tho... fukkin guy is huge... but still... you never leave a friend to be fukked up like that

I didnt care being beaten by 4 bouncers once... guy still my friend...

DiggityDaggityDo

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    What’s the latest?
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    It’s a wrestling school now.
    Ok Ok... here is a real update:

https://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/...ion/669104002/

phinfan27615
    phinfan27615's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2298

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Even if everything you said was true a bouncer can't do that over a dispute with a bill, you take down info and call the police and let them handle it.

Look at the way that bouncer is acting at the end LOL what an idiot
    If the bouncer was white and the alleged stiff was black you'd be applauding the bouncer's actions as justice

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by phinfan27615 View Post
    If the bouncer was white and the alleged stiff was black you'd be applauding the bouncer's actions as justice
    Under no circumstances is it justified to handle a non violent dispute over a bar tab with violence.

It's weird that you make an assumption of how I would feel about a hypothetical situation that didn't happen. Meanwhile in actuality far less has been done by white management/authority to blacks and it's turned into national 24 hr news.
    Points Awarded:

phinfan27615 gave dlowilly 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Kraken gave dlowilly 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jayfly
    jayfly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10713

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    if youre on yelp, you're a f\*g-got

no exceptions

my bff is a chef and a couple times a year he gets drunk and bored enough to make fun of the comments...literally 0 of them have any idea wtf they're talking about...can't think of any specifics now cause it's been a while, but it's shit like "the fresh fish was from last month and the this, this , and this they use uses was from out of season"

he tells me shit like, we havent even served that in 3 years, idk wtf he could even be talking about
    If you use the term BFF youre a ass licking swish who swallows truffle butter

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

hope they shut down the bar the bouncer goes to jail and the guy who got choked wins a large settlement which he will have to sue the owners of the bar because the bouncer is likely poor

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5590

I applaud the victim who said this had nothing to do with race. There wasn't any trace of that unless you are predisposed to viewing everything in the context of race. I think race should be the last thought rather than the first even when the roles are reversed, which doesn't rule out racism it just shouldn't always be the knee-jerk conclusion.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Quote Originally Posted by mackave View Post
    Bouncer wouldn’t last in my city, would be scared to step foot near the place again ...
    This was my exact thought. He would be scared shit to return to work if he knew what he had coming.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot26 View Post
    They should've let him step 1 foot out the door , whipped his ass , called the cops , charged him with theft since he walked out without paying , that would be much easier to justify .
    But nothing is going to happen , part of getting drunk , thinking you're a badass while in reality , the chic could've beat his smashed ass .
    Sometimes i wonder if we are all watching the same video

ronald
    ronald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8459

Wow.

That bouncer is a true animal.

If bouncer had been white and patron had been black, mainstream media would have been all over this one.

Sad!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Pacman jones would of had his entourage take care of it

First 1234