firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    I hope you get addicted to pain killers / opiates and punch the ticket of an OD
    Lol
    What an idiot

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Thats not nice

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Thats not nice
    hard to be nice to people who wish bad suff on you 1st, unprovoked

jts1207
    jts1207's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

So does that mean I can say I hope you get a bad line of coke from that shithole you live in and OD? Or is that picking on you and you need to report?

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by jts1207 View Post
    So does that mean I can say I hope you get a bad line of coke from that shithole you live in and OD? Or is that picking on you and you need to report?
    I have not reported a shitty post of yours ever... you are clown and I am putting you on ignore, have my hands full ATM with the og duo

jts1207

Can't win so ignore list lol. Ignore all the ghost accounts too you paranoid coked up loser

HurryUpAndDrink

You aint worth my time... you are a fukkin crazy person, 1 day wanting to get rudy banned then switching sides over nothing

some loyal friend/brother you must be

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mega take it slow
    Baby that back

God Bless

jts1207

You aint worth my time... you are a fukkin crazy person, 1 day wanting to get rudy banned then switching sides over nothing

some loyal friend/brother you must be
    I'm the type of friend who doesn't fukk his best friends sister. You're a loser. Thought I was on ignore lol

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3244

Hope you get it sorted soon mate.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    So I started having issues back in January with tightness in my right ass cheek. I didn’t think anything of it. I tried to stretch this this out and got a foam roller and it gradually got worse. Come March it was bad. I could only sit in certain positions etc without driving pain down the right side of body. I sucked it up and went to the DR for the first time in probably 10 years. They put me on steroids for a week which relieved the pain but as soon as I came off it the pain came back. I went to orthopedic and they told me I could get steroid injections but required an MRI to do it. MRI came back and it was a herniated disc. Basically the disc is being pushed back into the sciatic nerve. It’s the worst pain I’ve ever had in my life. I got the steroid injection and got relief that same day. I been doing physical therapy and it’s helping and set to get the second steroid shot next Wednesday. Physical therapy with electronic stim has been helping big time. Curious if any other posters have had this issue because last thing I want to do is go under the knife. I’ve heard horror stories about it.
    Sorry to hear you're having problems with your back.

I had back surgery in 1999 at the age of 22. The area was L4-L5. The symptoms you are describing are very similar to mine. It felt like a pulled hamstring at first. The sensation you are feeling is the disc pressing against your lower extremity nerve lines. In fact... there's a delay in relaying this information to your brain. What does this mean???? When you tell yourself to run.... there's a half second delay in telling your legs to move from your brain... you think you're at full strength.... but you're only running half speed. Been through all of this...

It's scary because it's not normal... you have 2 choices... continue to live life like the way you are... in constant pain... or go through surgery. When the doctors opened up my spinal cavity... they had to change their original decision... they were going to fuse a section together... but upon further examination... they decided for a discectomy. Basically... they remove the disc that is oversized bulging... or degernerated... leave the spot open. (That's what they did in 1999.) Of course... technology has changed since then... they might put a manufactured disc or implant in that spot now??? I wouldn't know???

Side effects after surgery?

The constant pain before surgery... will stop 7-14 days after surgery. There's a memory of pain in your body. That's what my doctor told me. I lived 1 full year of pain before I went into surgery... 24 hours a day. So the doctor told me... the "memory" will fade... give it time. He was right. No pain... flexible.... full recovery back to lifting weights.... 90-120 days after surgery.

Almost 20 years later since surgery... I'm older now... less flexible... but... only slight discomfort when the weather changes here and there. I've been working out with a back brace (for precautionary measures only) since surgery... I enjoy staying fit.... and being healthy.... if you decide not to workout.... you wouldn't need a back brace unless you have a job that you are constantly bending... kneeling.... and putting more pressure on the lower back.

My doctor did tell me... at the time of surgery the discs above the area and below the area... didn't look good either. Well... at least they held up for nearly 20 years.

Find a well known neurosurgeon who has worked with athletes.... and is one of the best in your state. I was lucky enough to have one covered under my health insurance plan at that time.

Best wishes.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2411

I had a microdiscectomy about two years ago, it was the best thing I ever did! I'd do it again in a heartbeat, I had the same problem you're describing. Quack work doctor thought it was a torn hamstring, felt like a knife was stuck in my ass cheek. Stretching and therapy helped it but it always came back. Not a bad surgery, you're home the same day.

WARNING the first day home you're still numbed out so you're stiff but still doped up. It's the 2nd day home that kicks your ass! Nerves are swollen and every new movement feels like a lightning bolt shooting up your spine. It's like that for 2 days until the internal swelling goes down and the scar tissue is loosened up. Then you GENTLY get around for three weeks before you start driving, 3 months till you actually lift more than a light grocery bag to be safe. You'll feel IMMEDIATELY better after the operation though, totally worth it! I highly recommend!

Good Luck!

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

I herniated L4, L5 at 21 yrs old, 17 yrs ago.

Mine was bad for a couple years, but I began doing a few lower-back targeted yoga stretches a year or so after my injury. Up until then I went to a chiro and don’t feel like I got anything from it. Felt like a 75 yr old man at 21-22.

But after doing the stretches, I gradually got better.

I am 38, so I am not what i used to be. But no pain while playing golf, riding a skateboard, etc.

It used to go out once a year or so, but I haven’t had any issues for four or five years.

Just my experience. I am surprised at the number of positive experiences with surgery in this thread. I have heard so many people say they didn’t get any relief.

Best of luck with your back mega, I know it can be a real sonuvabiatch
    Last edited by grease lightnin; 04-24-18 at 05:04 PM.

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Ended up doing the discectomy. Third day post op. First day had brutal nausea and puked 3 fuking times. Pain is gone from where it was but now in other places. It feels like Barry Bonds hit both of my hamstrings with a fricken baseball bat. Pain has been unreal. Second day and today was able to do two 15 minute walks around the neighborhood just not sure if that is to early or going to cause additional problems. Ortho said if you can walk do it and it’s good for you. Haven’t had a smoke since Tuesday also and really haven’t had an urge which is also another plus with two kids need to quit that shit. Anyone else had this pain in the back of their hamstrings? Fuking brutal

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

dont do the knife

stay away from pain killers

work it back into shape naturally with a gym regiment....do pilates, lots of leg exercises and those foam roller things before and after working out.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

From http://espine.com/microdiscectomy/microdiscectomy-3/

Expect Some Pain After Surgery

It is normal to have some pain after any operation. After a lumbar microdiscectomy, there may be some leg “aching” which occurs as the nerve(s) attempts to heal. You also may feel some muscle spasms across your back and down your leg(s). And if there was inflammation in the nerve root, some pain may persist until this inflammation diminishes. You will be given appropriate medication to control your pain, relieve back spasms and reduce inflammation.

GT21Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    dont do the knife

stay away from pain killers

work it back into shape naturally with a gym regiment....do pilates, lots of leg exercises and those foam roller things before and after working out.
    I have tried all this stuff. Did the shots, physical therapy, foam roller, stretches etc for two full months and it didn’t work. Pain was still there.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Try eat some high grade medical edibles . Keep away from the oxy and pain meds as much as possible if you can Mega. Hope you feel better bud the edible will take all the pain away without the side effects of narcos. PM me if you need any advice of what type or ** amount you should use . Take care bud
    Need ya around to bounce NFL ideas off of pal.

GT21Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    Try eat some high grade medical edibles . Keep away from the oxy and pain meds as much as possible if you can Mega. Hope you feel better bud the edible will take all the pain away without the side effects of narcos. PM me if you need any advice of what type or ** amount you should use . Take care bud

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    Yeah, was going to come in here suggesting CBD, edibles, or another product, it really can't hurt much to try.

You just might get some rest too.

Not sure where you live, but chime in on how things go, let us know if you need any other thoughts on those herbal solutions.

DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2078

Sciatic nerve pain is probably the most excruciating pain I have ever experienced. I had a disc pressing on mine for about 6 months, I didnt go see a DR... every morning it took me about 20 minutes to get out of bed... I had to do it in several stages, and the last part, standing up, would be such an intense shooting of pain thru my back I would almost pass out.

Fun times.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

If you take pain meds , tell the doctor to give you meds with lowest dose of acetaminophen in it , shit will destroy your organs . While it hurts like hell , trust me , get up even though damn near unbearable and walk , hurts even more ? Rest some then walk .
    Do not lift anything or do something out of the ordinary for two months , I learned the hard way .
    The pain was gone , had ran down my legs and into my toes , I thought I was good to go after 4 weeks , made the Dr release me while he told me I wasn't ready even with the pain gone . Despite the argument I went back to work , he told me "I'll see you again " which pissed me off
    I went back to work , made it 4 fukkin hours , legs went completely numb again , knew I had fukked up bad , had to go back in a 2nd time and do it all over again plus the 8 weeks after the first 4 weeks . So 12 week's total instead of the original 8 if I wasn't such a dumbass by simply thinking the pain is gone , I'm good to go .
    Walking is good although I hurt same as you but don't true to be hero and start lifting and other things like I did . The 2nd time was absolutely brutal .
    Best of luck to you
    Points Awarded:

GT21Megatron gave Slipknot26 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2411

I had the same surgery two years ago. You're over the worst of the pain. Just take it easy, in a few days you'll feel 100% better but don't get fooled! Walking is your best exercise, every day! As soon as you can stand it, ditch the pain meds. Save some for the bad days, maybe you'll need one to sleep comfortably for the next two weeks but you're through the worst. Good Luck!
    Points Awarded:

GT21Megatron gave klemopixx 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I've had back surgery too, a little more involved including a fusion in the lower back, klemo said what I didn't.

It's tricky and can feel better when it's not, but I agree and hope that you are getting through the worst of it.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

squats and deadlifts

followed by foam roller and some yoga type bs to stretch hamstrings

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Did you give acupuncture a try before the surgery?

I have a herniated disk L4 L5. I tried chiropractor which just increased pain. Then I tried physical therapy which did not help at all. Then I tried the steroid injections which gave some pain relief for several weeks. When it wore off I did a second round of injections which did not help that much.

After all this I was in so much pain that I decided to get surgery. A couple weeks before my surgery I saw a news special on TV about acupuncture. I was very skeptical but I'd figure I'd give it a shot. To my surprise it worked after only a few sessions. I was pain free. After about 8 sessions I stopped going and remained pain free for months. About every 6 months the pain will slowly return and I just go to acupuncture once or twice and then the pain goes away again for at least 6 more months. I can't believe it actually works but I'm going on 2 years now.

GT21Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post

I have a herniated disk L4 L5. I tried chiropractor which just increased pain. Then I tried physical therapy which did not help at all. Then I tried the steroid injections which gave some pain relief for several weeks. When it wore off I did a second round of injections which did not help that much.

After all this I was in so much pain that I decided to get surgery. A couple weeks before my surgery I saw a news special on TV about acupuncture. I was very skeptical but I'd figure I'd give it a shot. To my surprise it worked after only a few sessions. I was pain free. After about 8 sessions I stopped going and remained pain free for months. About every 6 months the pain will slowly return and I just go to acupuncture once or twice and then the pain goes away again for at least 6 more months. I can't believe it actually works but I'm going on 2 years now.
    Nope....Didn’t try that and maybe should have. Glad yours worked out for you brother.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

You can still try acupuncture.

It can only help as well.

Get well pal.

GT21Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDog View Post
    Sciatic nerve pain is probably the most excruciating pain I have ever experienced. I had a disc pressing on mine for about 6 months, I didnt go see a DR... every morning it took me about 20 minutes to get out of bed... I had to do it in several stages, and the last part, standing up, would be such an intense shooting of pain thru my back I would almost pass out.

Fun times.
    What did you end up doing???

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    Ended up doing the discectomy. Third day post op. First day had brutal nausea and puked 3 fuking times. Pain is gone from where it was but now in other places. It feels like Barry Bonds hit both of my hamstrings with a fricken baseball bat. Pain has been unreal. Second day and today was able to do two 15 minute walks around the neighborhood just not sure if that is to early or going to cause additional problems. Ortho said if you can walk do it and it’s good for you. Haven’t had a smoke since Tuesday also and really haven’t had an urge which is also another plus with two kids need to quit that shit. Anyone else had this pain in the back of their hamstrings? Fuking brutal

You might have "pain" memory for 7-14 days. It's common. It will eventually go away.

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post

I tried a chiropractor for 3 months before surgery. Every time the doc did his "setting/repositioning" crap on my back... it hurt worse. Pain 24 hours a day.

When the surgical doc opened up my lumbar column... he said the disc exploded.... all the goo was floating in the lumbar cavity. Doc explains it like a regular jelly donut that has a hole at the end.... every time your disc gets compressed... goo comes out of the disc. When the goo comes out... the disc becomes smaller and smaller... eventually the disc will slip. That's how he explained it to me.

TheToffer
    TheToffer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6063

You won't regret the surgery. Just follow the Dr orders on rehab and you should be fine. I was warned of the pain your having (dr called it "ghost pain"), but I was lucky and didn't have it.

GT21Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by TheToffer View Post
    You won't regret the surgery. Just follow the Dr orders on rehab and you should be fine. I was warned of the pain your having (dr called it "ghost pain"), but I was lucky and didn't have it.
    I had severe swelling in my upper right leg around my hip area. That has completely went away which is crazy. Still getting bad spasms in my hamstrings that are on and off. I’m surprised in the number of folks that have had this same issue. It’s the worst pain I’ve ever had in my life

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Yes, rehab is important.

Get that core strong, the whole core.

Plank.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57527

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    I had a microdiscectomy about two years ago, it was the best thing I ever did! I'd do it again in a heartbeat, I had the same problem you're describing. Quack work doctor thought it was a torn hamstring, felt like a knife was stuck in my ass cheek. Stretching and therapy helped it but it always came back. Not a bad surgery, you're home the same day.

WARNING the first day home you're still numbed out so you're stiff but still doped up. It's the 2nd day home that kicks your ass! Nerves are swollen and every new movement feels like a lightning bolt shooting up your spine. It's like that for 2 days until the internal swelling goes down and the scar tissue is loosened up. Then you GENTLY get around for three weeks before you start driving, 3 months till you actually lift more than a light grocery bag to be safe. You'll feel IMMEDIATELY better after the operation though, totally worth it! I highly recommend!

Good Luck!
    You are dead on about the "warning"! My Doc warned me but damn, it was brutal - I almost regretted having the surgery in the first place it was so intense. But it just lasted a few days and then things went smoothly. In fact, it'll be 19 years for me this October. Best decision I ever made! Just be sure you research the surgeons and get a good one. My guy actually did some preventative stuff while he was in there - He shaved the bone to prevent future herniations. 19 years later I'm still going strong. Best of luck!

TheToffer
    TheToffer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6063

GT...how is the back doing?

First 123 Last