cincinnatikid513
    dennys has good meatloaf
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar SBR PRO

Philadelphia is such a Trash City

2 black guys go into the starbucks don't order anything they are waiting for a friend, starbucks worker calls police on them and then they are arrested, shameful philadelphia trash city

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/st.../14/id/854538/

$30
    Angelman
    donation 4/11/2018

175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 04/09/2018

$20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1755

Tough to tell what's going on there. Pretty much every city in the USA is a trash city though.

dlowilly
    2017 SBR Poker Leaderboard Champion
    dlowilly's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Tough to tell what's going on there.
    I'm sure there's plenty going on and I'll bet anyone they both have a record a mile long. We've seen it a thousand times.

You want to be treated like a customer then act like a customer and buy something. The place ain't a bench at the park.

dlowilly

"What did they do? What did they do?" That guy should get a virtue badge

The article said they claimed to be real estate brokers...LMAO

A little more investigating and it seems they wanted to use the bathroom and were told it was for paying customers. After some other exchange they were asked to leave and refused. That's called trespassing. On to the next one...
    Points Awarded:

Roscoe_Word gave dlowilly 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

VeggieDog
    Update your status
    VeggieDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7962

He just needed to use the bathroom. If he didn't go right then, he could have got Uromysitisis and died.

cincinnatikid513
    dennys has good meatloaf

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    "What did they do? What did they do?" That guy should get a virtue badge

The article said they claimed to be real estate brokers...LMAO

A little more investigating and it seems they wanted to use the bathroom and were told it was for paying customers. After some other exchange they were asked to leave and refused. That's called trespassing. On to the next one...
    i bet if they were white they wouldn't of called the police

$30
    Angelman
    donation 4/11/2018

175 pts

3-QUESTION

$20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

cincinnatikid513
    dennys has good meatloaf

starbucks know they messed up and face a backlash why else would they issue this apology

Starbucks ceo: Reprehensible outcome in Philadelphia incident

Dear Starbucks Partners and Customers:
    By now, you may be aware of a disheartening situation in one of our Philadelphia-area stores this past Thursday, that led to a reprehensible outcome.
    I’m writing this evening to convey three things:
    First, to once again express our deepest apologies to the two men who were arrested with a goal of doing whatever we can to make things right. Second, to let you know of our plans to investigate the pertinent facts and make any necessary changes to our practices that would help prevent such an occurrence from ever happening again. And third, to reassure you that Starbucks stands firmly against discrimination or racial profiling.
    In the coming days, I will be joining our regional vice president, Camille Hymes—who is on the ground in Philadelphia—to speak with partners, customers and community leaders as well as law enforcement. Most importantly, I hope to meet personally with the two men who were arrested to offer a face-to-face apology.
    We have immediately begun a thorough investigation of our practices. In addition to our own review, we will work with outside experts and community leaders to understand and adopt best practices. The video shot by customers is very hard to watch and the actions in it are not representative of our Starbucks Mission and Values. Creating an environment that is both safe and welcoming for everyone is paramount for every store. Regretfully, our practices and training led to a bad outcome—the basis for the call to the Philadelphia police department was wrong. Our store manager never intended for these men to be arrested and this should never have escalated as it did.
    We also will further train our partners to better know when police assistance is warranted. Additionally, we will host a company-wide meeting next week to share our learnings, discuss some immediate next steps and underscore our long-standing commitment to treating one another with respect and dignity. I know our store managers and partners work hard to exceed our customers’ expectations every day—which makes this very poor reflection on our company all the more painful.
    Finally, to our partners who proudly wear the green apron and to customers who come to us for a sense of community every day: You can and should expect more from us. We will learn from this and be better.
    Respectfully,
    Kevin Johnson
    ceo

$30
    Angelman
    donation 4/11/2018

175 pts

3-QUESTION

$20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

cubswin
    cubswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 84

Why would they ask and not just go use the restroom ? Waiting for a friend ? A great way to run your business is to let a bunch of thugs wait around for their friends and buy nothing .

cubswin
    cubswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 84

If they were white they would have had enough sense to buy a 1.50 cofee

dlowilly

"And so they asked the two males to leave and they refused to leave and the police were called," Ross said in the video posted on the department's Facebook page.
    The two men were then allegedly told that the police would be called and allegedly responded, "Go ahead and call the police. We don't care," according to Ross's retelling of the police officers' account.

Philadelphia Police Department

Commissioner Richard Ross of the Philadelphia Police Department gives a statement on the incident that occurred at a Starbucks on April 12, 2018.more +When the cops arrived at the Starbucks, Ross said, they also asked the men to leave and they again refused and one of them allegedly took a verbal jab at the cops saying, 'You don't actually know what you're doing. You're only a $45,000 a year employee," Ross stated in the video.
    Ross said the men were given several chances to leave, but they kept refusing.
    "On three different occasions the officers asked the two males politely to leave the location because they were being asked to leave by employees because they were trespassing," he said. "Instead the males continued to refuse as they had told the employees and they told the officers they were not leaving."
    Ross said that the police remained professional and they "followed policy and they did what they are supposed to do."

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13

When I was in my teens the cops regularly did this to us for loitering
    nobody thought it was wrong or weird, alas.. that's the old days

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 49

I don't know of too many restaurants or other types of establishments that let people just hang out and use the facilities without buying or purchasing something.

dlowilly

They were just real estate brokers who din do nuffin
    Last edited by dlowilly; 04-15-18 at 02:26 PM.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 702

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I don't know of too many restaurants or other types of establishments that let people just hang out and use the facilities without buying or purchasing something.
    Lmao have you ever been a Starbucks?

bigtymer56

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    They were just real estate brokers who din do nuffin
    Figures SBRs current top racist is all over this. Probably made his day watching that vid.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Figures SBRs current top racist is all over this. Probably made his day watching that vid.
    Figures you would be siding with defiant trespassers just because they're black, even though 1000 of people of all colors are kicked off of private property every day.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 227

It's a bit sad.

It seems that some civil rights are indeed dying in this country, and being taken away. But the source of the loss is often not the racist man in charge, making the policies. It seems he's sometimes forced into it because members of groups that worked so hard so long ago to get those rights are not educated in just what those rights are.

It's as if these guys want to make their own rules and flagrantly flout the order that is in place as well as the rights of others.

Poorly thought out dangerous moves like these guys in the Starbucks could be an education issue. Maybe they really don't know their rights.

Too bad stories like these go public, there's nothing good to come of it. Including the future Starbuck's policy changes.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

It does seem like clear racism here...on the other hand if a place asks you to leave bc you are just sitting there not ordering shit why not just get the penetrate up and leave. This is why blacks get arrested so often bc they wont comply with anything and turn a simple yes sir and go smoke a blunt in the parking lot situation into arrests...ya don't have the right to squat at a business...if they tell ya to leave either buy something or get on your bike just refusing to leave is ridiculous.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5118

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    i bet if they were white they wouldn't of called the police
    Do you really think the same thing couldn't have happened to some homeless white guy?

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 227

If what the Commissioner says is true then why would anyone even be looking at the color of their skin?

Why would someone overlook the demeanor of the individuals to remark about the color of their skin?

That really does imply a more dangerous racism than knowing about the demeanor and just declaring "they must be black" because of it.

That type of racism implies the discrimination that because of the color of their skin, the rights of others should be disregarded in a dangerous manner...they had to call law enforcement.

That is dangerous thinking to say the least, regardless of skin color.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 731

People loiter all the time at Starbucks without buying anything

With that said any business can ask you to leave and they should have left. They weren't customers, they were asked to leave, they didn't and the cops showed up. The cops asked them to leave 3 times and they didn't so they were arrested. They have no rights guaranteeing them a spot to loiter at a coffee shop

If their was any racism it would have been on the part of the Starbucks employee that initiated the whole thing but who knows.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave The Kraken 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

cincinnatikid513
    dennys has good meatloaf

Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    If they were white they would have had enough sense to buy a 1.50 cofee
    1.50 cofee u can't buy anything in starbucks 1.50 more like 7 dollars

$30
    Angelman
    donation 4/11/2018

175 pts

3-QUESTION

$20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

bettilimbroke999

Trudat...I'm liable to get arrested at Starbucks bc when I look at their prices I'm like is that for fuckin coffee? I think I'll just sit down and suck your wifi dry and take some huge craps in your stalls like the blacks do

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3866

This is 2018, you are allowed to do whatever you want and then when you are told not to, you can blame it on racism and hate
    175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 04/16/2018

175 pts

3-QUESTION

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12

I have never gone into a restaurant and just sat there without at least buying something small so they cannot kick me out. It is their store and it is there to make a profit not to have someone just sit there and not buy anything. How long were they there ? If they were supposed to really meet someone and its only been a few minutes i do not see a big deal. But if they sat there a couple hours that is not right. Starbucks areas really are not that big at east the ones i have seen. If you are going to just sit there and not at least buy something you are preventing someone else from sitting there that will actually buy something and make that business a profit of some kind .
    175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 04/16/2018

bettilimbroke999

If you're black just go to McD's buy a buck cup of Joe then take it to Starbucks and sit there and hangout...the manager will tell you to leave after awhile bc you're taking up tables reserved for their customers but it's really only bc he's a racist pos so tell him to penetrate off call the cops...the cops will come and ask you to leave but that's bc they are racist pigs so tell em to penetrate off arrest me...they will arrest you and throw you in the crossbar hotel where you can spend a fortune on bail/fines/court costs getting out.

OR

You could act like a sane human being with some sense in your head and either buy one of their skyhigh coffees or drink your dollar coffee at McD's with the rest of us that think a $7 cup of coffee is ridiculous

packerd_00
    Karate's Bad Boy
    packerd_00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11658

They were taking the piss,loitered around and were told to take a hike.

packerd_00
    Karate's Bad Boy
    packerd_00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11658

Its always been a yuppie joint.

bigtymer56

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    People loiter all the time at Starbucks without buying anything

With that said any business can ask you to leave and they should have left. They weren't customers, they were asked to leave, they didn't and the cops showed up. The cops asked them to leave 3 times and they didn't so they were arrested. They have no rights guaranteeing them a spot to loiter at a coffee shop

If their was any racism it would have been on the part of the Starbucks employee that initiated the whole thing but who knows.
    That's the issue.
    We all know nobody is even going to bother a bunch of average white dudes. These guys made the mistake of thinking they could treat the Starbucks like a college study hall like everybody else does.

The Kraken

Ya I agree with that.

I cant tell you how many hours I’ve spent studying at Starbucks, or how many meetings I’ve met up for at one. Sometimes we bought stuff other times not. Never had an issue.

The CEO came out with a strong statement immediately after this happened and said this was not how Starbucks was supposed to be run. The manager fukked up.

bettilimbroke999

Starbucks sure has changed alot lately

Kermit
    Kermit's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Lmao have you ever been a Starbucks?
    Yeah, and the one where I live doesn't let people just come in and use the bathroom(or they'll at least send someone to check on the people) because we have been having a real problem with drug addicts shooting-up in the bathrooms and overdosing.

I would imagine that establishments in bad areas all over the country have problems like this with homeless people and shit. Probably a common occurrence in a city like Philadelphia.

The Kraken

All the anecdotals we have are moot points

Starbucks can ask anyone to leave for pretty much any reason. In this case it would be nearly impossible to show the manager discriminated against the men which would be unlawful. But they weren't customers, they were loitering and were asked to leave, and honestly that's a pretty reasonable request.

Im as pro civil rights and ERA as anyone but unless more comes out, there isn't much to this story.

Now the the only issue is between the CEO of Starbucks and his expectations of store managers

Someone check in and defend the two black men from either a legal stand point or even a business ethics stand point

Kermit
    Kermit's Avatar SBR PRO

Apparently Starbucks doesn't want white people loitering either. This is from last month.

Kermit
    Kermit's Avatar SBR PRO

12 Last