Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Being homeless ain’t all that bad

Gave a guy 78 cents outside a 7/11. Usually never do that

We spoke for 10 mins... 7 large balanced meals a week at st Vincent’s, food stamps, free health care at clinic, washes clothes free at out reach center, has a camp to sleep - says it is safe with no police hassle, then there is the panhandling money

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I’ve always gave money to homeless people even in Vegas

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Yeah, living in a shelter with hundreds of others nd needing to beg for money outside of 7/11 sounds fantastic

Sam Odom

No shelter for him. Sleeps under the stars

Sam Odom

Did y’all know you can eat at fast food restaurants with a food stamps debit card

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Sammy, did you tell him you were a broke dick, too?

Sam Odom

Guy Had more cash on him than Sammy did most likely

jjgold

Most homeless have no money

Some cons

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

all you need for starters is 7 friends with 7 couches. some may feed you but you can panhandle to get food money in no time. i've heard of a guy (not homeless) who makes 300.00 a day panhandling near boston's expressway. has brand new car which he parks nearby and takes weekends and holidays off.

jjgold

Lol

You need balls to do it

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    all you need for starters is 7 friends with 7 couches. some may feed you but you can panhandle to get food money in no time. i've heard of a guy (not homeless) who makes 300.00 a day panhandling near boston's expressway. has brand new car which he parks nearby and takes weekends and holidays off.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Saw a lady use her food stamps/ wic card to buy soda and popcorn for herself and kid at movie theatre.

$32 for 3 sodas, popcorn and milk duds

She was black

Sam Odom

Guy at 7/11 was white about 30yo

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Guessing your dude can stretch $30 a little further than my gal....

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I’ve always gave money to homeless people even in Vegas
    Me too.

I threw a $5 bill at this bum on the strip.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 398

Normally I give to homeless. But now guys stand on corners and I am not sure if they are apart of some fraudulant organization posing as homeless people. Got to believe that is why a lot of people don't give to guys on the corner.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1333

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Gave a guy 78 cents outside a 7/11. Usually never do that

We spoke for 10 mins... 7 large balanced meals a week at st Vincent’s, food stamps, free health care at clinic, washes clothes free at out reach center, has a camp to sleep - says it is safe with no police hassle, then there is the panhandling money

Wow, you gave him .78 cents huh? Don't go overboard there big spender. This bullshit post is just your arrogant way of say'in hey look at all the free shit homeless people get and my tax dollars pay for it. So did you rail on him for the full 10 minutes about Obamacare or did you just inform him under trump's dumb fuk ass, he'll soon be back out on the street?

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I help out at a local transitional home/resource center, and one of the new programs is helping people that are chronically homeless (can never stay in housing); they get put to the top of the list of government plans to help low and no income individuals. So once they get their 1 bedroom apartment, they will be receiving free resources that equal to about $14,000 a year. Kinda of bullshit if you ask me; minimum wage is $10/hour, and the people working those jobs 40 hours a week only pull in $18,000 a year. So basically they are working 40 hours a week to receive $4000 dollars a year more than someone who is doing nothing.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

In Europe homeless people get money

Sam Odom

Told the guy “may god bless you” when we departed

TeddyB
    TeddyB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 771

Please God, thank You for my current living conditions.

The only thing I really worry about if I was homeless, is where do you go to the bathroom all day?

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Normally I give to homeless. But now guys stand on corners and I am not sure if they are apart of some fraudulant organization posing as homeless people. Got to believe that is why a lot of people don't give to guys on the corner.
    Only time I have no issue giving money to someone begging on a corner is when it's freezing out (like 10 degrees Fahrenheit or less weather) and they're still out there. If they're begging out in that kind of weather then they are either that poor/homeless and need help or are that committed and deserve the money anyway.
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 04-09-18 at 07:30 PM.

mikejamm

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Saw a lady use her food stamps/ wic card to buy soda and popcorn for herself and kid at movie theatre.

$32 for 3 sodas, popcorn and milk duds

She was black

You're full of shit. My sister works for social services and I can inform your dumb fuk ass that snap benefits and wic cannot be used to buy any of those items.

"She was black", huh, of course she was you racist hick, how observant of you to point that out. Next time you think you might have an intelligent thought, take that cigar outta your girlfriend's / wife's mouth and shove it up your ass.
    Points Awarded:

Venom72 gave mikejamm 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mrpapageorgio

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    You're full of shit. My sister works for social services and I can inform your dumb fuk ass that snap benefits and wic cannot be used to buy any of those items.

"She was black", huh, of course she was you racist hick, how observant of you to point that out. Next time you think you might have an intelligent thought, take that cigar outta your girlfriend's / wife's mouth and shove it up your ass.
    Can you use your regular welfare money on that though? I know* for SNAP you can only use it to buy items that essentially have a nutrition label and fast food is not allowed along with the store has to be enrolled to accept it. I can't see a movie theater accepting SNAP since they don't sell groceries, but I don't know how it works if you receive regular welfare.

*I used to take an elderly neighbor of mine grocery shopping years ago once in awhile when she couldn't find a ride and she was on SNAP which is how I know about it.
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 04-10-18 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Took out parenthesis

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

I always try to buy food for homeless people but drug addicts or alcoholics only want money

mikejamm

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    Can you use your regular welfare money on that though? I know* for SNAP you can only use it to buy items that essentially have a nutrition label and fast food is not allowed along with the store has to be enrolled to accept it. I can't see a movie theater accepting SNAP since they don't sell groceries, but I don't know how it works if you receive regular welfare.

*(I used to take an elderly neighbor of mine grocery shopping years ago once in awhile when she couldn't find a ride and she was on SNAP which is how I know about it.)
    Exactly, it has to be nutritional food items only, meats, fruits, vegetables, etc..., not fast food and certainly not junk food at a movie theater. It's not called food stamps anymore, SNAP stands for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. That's how I know that idiot Minnesota douche bag doesn't know what the fuk he's talk'in about.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

you can buy all the junk food you want with them at a supermarket. movie theater doubtful. what you cannot buy is cooked prepared food in my state. other states may have different restrictions.

jjgold

Lets pray for them to find homes

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11839

I gave some change to a black homeless guy that Ive seen pan handling for over year today at Rite Aid.. He looked like shiiit.. Street life wearing him out..

With a tent you don't pay rent, can do all the drugs you want in a tent late at night.. Churches always have homeless food drives.. Can check into a shelter to shower or clean up. If you feel like crap you just walk into the Emergency hospital and get free healthcare.. Can clean up there.. If they get Government assistance then they really got it good.. If they don't they pan handle all day to support their Alcohol and drug addictions then..

Drugs and laziness are usually the cause to homelessness..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-09-18 at 08:07 PM.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Snap can buy everything in a grocery store except prepared hot foods in the deli.........

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    Exactly, it has to be nutritional food items only, meats, fruits, vegetables, etc..., not fast food and certainly not junk food at a movie theater. It's not called food stamps anymore, SNAP stands for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. That's how I know that idiot Minnesota douche bag doesn't know what the fuk he's talk'in about.
    not entirely true, I don’t know if it varries by state but in Texas you can buy potato chips and prime cuts of meat...Not only that some people sell the benefits for pennies on the dollar for cash and then spend that on god knows what...someone out there is eating a prime ribeye that I paid for hopefully they at least cook it properly and don’t burn the shit out of it...

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Any of you ever take a cute homeless chick home and bang her holes for a free meal/place to stay and shower for the night/drugs/alcohol?

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Why hasn't anyone mentioned the burden the homeless put on tax payers?

Something needs to be done about this epidemic

jjgold

What can you do?

It is a democratic issue as they created it

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can not receive welfare without a legitimate address...........

mrpapageorgio

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    not entirely true, I don’t know if it varries by state but in Texas you can buy potato chips and prime cuts of meat...Not only that some people sell the benefits for pennies on the dollar for cash and then spend that on god knows what...someone out there is eating a prime ribeye that I paid for hopefully they at least cook it properly and don’t burn the shit out of it...
    Correct, basically, if it's food with nutritional value (which is virtually all food in a grocery store whether it's a loaf of bread or a lobster tail), you can buy it. Only thing you can't buy is hot prepared foods like fast food.

123 Last