mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1500

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    I help out at a local transitional home/resource center, and one of the new programs is helping people that are chronically homeless (can never stay in housing); they get put to the top of the list of government plans to help low and no income individuals. So once they get their 1 bedroom apartment, they will be receiving free resources that equal to about $14,000 a year. Kinda of bullshit if you ask me; minimum wage is $10/hour, and the people working those jobs 40 hours a week only pull in $18,000 a year. So basically they are working 40 hours a week to receive $4000 dollars a year more than someone who is doing nothing.
    What a lot of you fail to realize is that many of these people are older disabled veterans, people with mental health issues, former military with PTSD or some other disability that prevents them from being able to function in a normal work environment. Some are literally poor souls who are down on their luck due to economic crisis, divorced parent with kids, elderly victims of scams that wipe out their life savings, and yes, recovering addicts too.

Homeless is a serious problem in our country and an issue that's not going away anytime soon, if fact it's getting worse. And the sad part is, our government could devote move resources to solve this problem, but its often left up to local underfunded charities, outreach volunteer groups and churches.

Our tax dollars are pissed away on politicians who fly in private jets, take vacations and call them "conferences", wasted on wars, bloated defense contracts and dumb fuk trump's border wall. All the while, veterans wait months to be seen in dilapidated VA hospitals, our infrastructure of bridges in major cities are crumbling and in danger of collapse, and children go to sleep hungry.

Tax breaks for the wealthy don't trickle down shit to the low income and homeless.

If Las Vegas donated 1% of the profits they made last year, they could house and feed every homeless person there. The tent cities would disappear in a day. But that's too easy a solution, it's cheaper to let people live on the streets and in underground sewers.
    Last edited by mikejamm; 04-09-18 at 09:10 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SportsMushroom, and Grits n' Gravy

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    Why hasn't anyone mentioned the burden the homeless put on tax payers?

Something needs to be done about this epidemic
    Better yet the health concern with discarded dirty needles, human crap and piss, drug use, hep C out breaks, etc.. You live in filth and that's when diseases rears it's ugly head... Then normal communities get effected..

Homeless people are a problem for sure... Something needs to be done..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    You can not receive welfare without a legitimate address...........
    Not hard to get a legal address from family, friends or a drug dealer on the streets.. That's extremely easy to get around.. I've seen homeless crack heads still getting welfare and disability living off the streets..

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    Our tax dollars are pissed away on politicians who fly in private jets, take vacations and call them "conferences", wasted on wars, bloated defense contracts and dumb fuk trump's border wall. All the while, veterans wait months to be seen in dilapidated VA hospitals, our infrastructure of bridges in major cities are crumbling and in danger of collapse, and children go to sleep hungry.
    This cracks me up when people say "I can't believe my tax dollars are going to that homeless person who can use their EBT card to buy cigarettes and McDonalds!" yet they don't say shit about someone like Scott Pruitt spending millions on security guards. Where the fukk do you think that money comes from?

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    Why hasn't anyone mentioned the burden the homeless put on tax payers?

Something needs to be done about this epidemic
    But there's nothing wrong with a guy like Tom Price taking private jets for "official travel" or Steven Mnuchin trying to use a government plane for his honeymoon? Get real.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Not hard to get a legal address from family, friends or a drug dealer on the streets.. That's extremely easy to get around.. I've seen homeless crack heads still getting welfare and disability living off the streets..
    You are living proof that poor people who are sick and suffering
    does not deserve to live..........

Not singling you out as the majority of Americans are brainwashed by MSM to think this way.....

Everybody hates the poor.........

The Elite,rich,middle class,working class,working poor and even the non working poor
    hate the poor,ESPECIALLY the working poor..........

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Sam - LOL are u crazy ??? LOL

mikeanite
    mikeanite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 582

give them hygiene product from the hotel. nothing out of your pocket and they need it.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Lol is this a serious thread?????

Being homeless is good

Lol unreal

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    Exactly, it has to be nutritional food items only, meats, fruits, vegetables, etc..., not fast food and certainly not junk food at a movie theater. It's not called food stamps anymore, SNAP stands for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. That's how I know that idiot Minnesota douche bag doesn't know what the fuk he's talk'in about.
    I don't know what state you are in, so it might be different, but SNAP works on anything other than alcohol and tobacco at grocery stores. You can buy a folding chair if that is what they are selling. It also works at Taco Bell.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    I don't know what state you are in, so it might be different, but SNAP works on anything other than alcohol and tobacco at grocery stores. You can buy a folding chair if that is what they are selling. It also works at Taco Bell.
    You can't buy non-food items with SNAP benefits (however, some states give a debit card that they can use to spend both their welfare and SNAP, so they may be using their welfare benefits if you see them using the same card), it has to be food. And you can only buy food from a restaurant if pre-approved and the recipient is homeless, disabled, or elderly.

https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/eligible-food-items

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    Lol is this a serious thread?????

Being homeless is good

Lol unreal

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10452

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Gave a guy 78 cents outside a 7/11. Usually never do that

We spoke for 10 mins... 7 large balanced meals a week at st Vincent’s, food stamps, free health care at clinic, washes clothes free at out reach center, has a camp to sleep - says it is safe with no police hassle, then there is the panhandling money
    sam this is a bad move .. you know this guy now as to file and pay tax on this gain .. and now hes got a taste of easy $$ so you may be doing more harm than good. but seems your hearts in it , gl

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20445

Fuk the homeless. They quit. We got games.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Ban this thread please.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Lets pray for them to find homes

Amen

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

We spoke for 10 mins... 7 large balanced meals a week at st Vincent’s, food stamps, free health care at clinic, washes clothes free at out reach center, has a camp to sleep - says it is safe with no police hassle, then there is the panhandling money
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say you've never been homeless. Am I right?

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

32K homeless in Vegas, I personally know many because I walk the streets passing out money. Atlantic City is a lot of fun to do so finding many on the beach and under the boardwalk.

Sam Odom

How You Can Help -- Ways to Donate to Father Joe’s Villages

https://my.neighbor.org/how-you-can-help/

Jesus will bless you !!

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Any of you ever take a cute homeless chick home and bang her holes for a free meal/place to stay and shower for the night/drugs/alcohol?
    Kinda, but she wasn't cute.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    Fuk the homeless. They quit. We got games.
    Yup, most of the homeless enjoy and like being homeless.. They got us all fooled like they are suffering when most really aren't... They are doing exactly what they want to do..

Homes are overrated, tents rock!! ..

Bert102
    Bert102's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    This cracks me up when people say "I can't believe my tax dollars are going to that homeless person who can use their EBT card to buy cigarettes and McDonalds!" yet they don't say shit about someone like Scott Pruitt spending millions on security guards. Where the fukk do you think that money comes from?
    People justify the most stupid things. The government does a good job of convincing people like JIBBY. They worry about a drop in a bucket. Meanwhile millions, billions of tax payer dollars are being used for other stupid reasons. (Prostitutes, luxuries vacations,etc) all on the tax payers money.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Bert102 View Post
    People justify the most stupid things. The government does a good job of convincing people like JIBBY. They worry about a drop in a bucket. Meanwhile millions, billions of tax payer dollars are being used for other stupid reasons. (Prostitutes, luxuries vacations,etc) all on the tax payers money.
    I hate the way our tax dollars are spent, I don't trust anyone in Government, it's a swamp.. Jibbby needs no convincing.. Selfish crooked assss politicians that really don't care about the people are the worst.. ..

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    But there's nothing wrong with a guy like Tom Price taking private jets for "official travel" or Steven Mnuchin trying to use a government plane for his honeymoon? Get real.
    Nobody here said that two wrongs make a right. Anyone that abuses their power and illegally uses tax money should go to jail. First person to come to mind is Hillary.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I realize how grateful we are.... we have a roof over our heads. These people do not.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I realize how grateful we are.... we have a roof over our heads. These people do not.
    They have a tent over their heads... Same shiiiit different pile.. No responsibilities and or rent to pay... I've seen some nice tents up as well on the streets of LA... Double wide, sun roof slip, side windows, etc.... Comfy padding inside next to the needles and pipes on the ash tray....

The meek shall inherit the earth. It's happening..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-10-18 at 07:04 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Homeless dream..

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Guy lives like a king than compared to some folks working in sweatshops for less.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I give money to homeless as well.. I always think though if you continue to give to a homeless person you are just feeding their drug habit and laziness.. They found an angle by pan handling and will never change.. I still give though...

There is fine line between enabling where life becomes easy and no change is needed as compared to tough love and when real life struggles happens where change is necessary to survive and real progression happens...

I often ponder on this in life..

Old bums and women I give.. Young men that are homeless not so much unless they are offering to pump my gas or wash my windows....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-11-18 at 12:27 AM.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by bonzaii View Post

Guy lives like a king than compared to some folks working in sweatshops for less.

good point

USA's homeless can live better than 3rd world people

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 448

I see a few homeless people riding around on lime bikes here in SD, which means they have to own a smart phone. Sounds pretty chill to me.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 7deuceoff$uit View Post
    I see a few homeless people riding around on lime bikes here in SD, which means they have to own a smart phone. Sounds pretty chill to me.
    That is because smart phones are included with
    medicaid and snap bennies..........

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Homeless need to grab a bar of soap take a shower, check into rehab, clean up, get a hair cut, shower and shave again, then get a basic labor job.. Stay in a boarding half way house in the process...

That's how you dig yourself out of being homeless. Gotta have the will and the want though..

If you love the drugs and street life more and are lazy by nature then a homeless person you will always be... I can't feel that sorry for a person like that...

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I’ve always gave money to homeless people even in Vegas
    Giving fishhead 50 cents to finger your asshole in the alley counts?
    Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave Grits n' Gravy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Great post mikejamm!

This thread proves that jibby is nothing but a loud mouth pussy. Gets his vagina twisted over nfl anthem protests but doesn't show a drop of empathy or even lifts one of his bitch fingers to help homeless vets who served our country(unlike him). People like him are what is wrong with America and until we as a society take care of our own we will continue to have shit leaders like trump and his kind.

Talk shit about me but our companies employ homeless veterans in 4 states now and try to get them back on their feet which is a start. Hearing their stories is humbling and sometimes all they need is someone to listen and give them a chance.

Deck is stacked against a homeless person trying to get their life back on track. Not trying to help someone is a character weakness.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mikejamm

First 123 Last