Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

JJ

stay in your lane

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good one

Guy I was talking to bought a motorcycle 🏍 just to get around easier in calif .

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Dangerous
    Here near San Diego we probably average ONE dead motorcycle rider a week.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Great players talk topic.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Stupid state. The amount of traffic there is retarded now this is okay?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Always been ok.. just now officially legal

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

It was always legal here in Australia then they changed the law to make it illegal about 15 years ago.

Then they changed it back to make it legal again a year or two ago, as it resulted in a steep rise in motorcycles being rear ended by cars and no other changes to road safety.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Lane splitting can be dangerous alone in itself, but then speeding while doing it is just asking for trouble. Especially considering that you can't see a bike flying up on the side of your car when you are changing lanes.

Last edited by Kermit; 04-02-18 at 10:02 AM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post

It's only legal between lines of cars that are completely stopped here.

That has always been illegal and still is to do it through moving traffic.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10862

Easiest way to die I’ve ever seen.
    Witnessed this while driving in San Francisco last year. Should be illegal. Only an idiot without regard for his own life would do it.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

Lane splitting can be dangerous alone in itself, but then speeding while doing it is just asking for trouble. Especially considering that you can't see a bike flying up on the side of your car when you are changing lanes.

He ok?

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19273

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    It's only legal between lines of cars that are completely stopped here.

That has always been illegal and still is to do it through moving traffic.

That is the only way I would try it. But, LOL, if traffic starts moving - nobody is that gracious about letting the bike rider back in a lane. The size of the motorcycle is a factor - how much the rider can maneuver it. Anybody else here have a Harley - stories to tell?

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyOne View Post
    That is the only way I would try it. But, LOL, if traffic starts moving - nobody is that gracious about letting the bike rider back in a lane. The size of the motorcycle is a factor - how much the rider can maneuver it. Anybody else here have a Harley - stories to tell?
    it is imperative that all motorcycle riders never drive after more than one beer, that they not carry too much speed in to curves
    and that they are prepared to lay their bikes down and die when an oncoming driver turns left in front of them for whatever reason

otherwise, when there is little or no other traffic on the road driving fast machines rivals sex

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    He ok?
    WOW! Lane splitting is one thing but FUQ that guy was going way too fast and reckless in traffic!

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    He ok?
    I have no idea.

hawkeye 16
    Update your status
    hawkeye 16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10404

I did some stupid things on bikes when I was younger. I got lucky, probably shouldn't be here. The years make you wiser. To anyone reading this, PLEASE be careful. I'm thinking about getting a Harley. I will be much smarter this time though. They will always be dangerous though.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3026

It's only dangerous when idiots do it at the wrong times. Red lights and stop & go congestion make sense, splitting 60 mph traffic to go 85 is stupid.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Guy filming didn't even stop. Practically runs him over and keeps going. Nice.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20457

When I lived in L.A. and would see a bike coming up from behind splitting lanes, I would always move over a little to give them more room. They usually waved a Thank You as they passed. Courtesy and good manners cost nothing.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    When I lived in L.A. and would see a bike coming up from behind splitting lanes, I would always move over a little to give them more room. They usually waved a Thank You as they passed. Courtesy and good manners cost nothing.
    The problem is seeing them. It's already hard enough with the blind-spots in some cars being able to see another car right beside you. A bike speeding adds a whole new level of difficulty.

Last year I was driving to my house where it is a 2 lane residential 25 MPH street, and up ahead of me on the right side, I noticed between parked cars that a man and a young girl were waiting to cross the street (The cars are allowed to park on the right side, but not the left) So I stopped to let them cross(There was no one else behind me or any cars coming on the other way) The man waved to thank me and right when they started to cross, some fukkwad on a bike flew around me on the passenger side about 80 MPH and almost killed these 2 people as they started to cross. He literally just missed them by inches and just kept right on going.

I still think about how me trying to do what I thought was the right thing could have cost 2 people their lives because of some asshole who's bike was small enough to fit between a tight space.

It happened almost just like this.