BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1955

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Then why the heck u watching that stuff. Where do you find movies like that?
    Does anyone remember the movie with Rowdy Roddy Piper(one of the best fight scenes in a movie) where he finds X-Ray glasses that expose aliens among US?

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Quote Originally Posted by BOA12 View Post
    Does anyone remember the movie with Rowdy Roddy Piper(one of the best fight scenes in a movie) where he finds X-Ray glasses that expose aliens among US?
    They Live!!
    That fight scene with Keith David is a classic!

BOA12

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    They Live!!
    That fight scene with Keith David is a classic!
    Thanks beefcake.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Then why the heck u watching that stuff. Where do you find movies like that?
    i don't watch them, but you find them at the academy awards

brokeback mountain
    moonlight (won best picture last year)
    call me by your name (up for best picture this year)

etc etc

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the review man, I was hesitant to see it (cause I lost faith in marvel and holly-hood) but sounds fun. Im a big Danai Gurira cause she plays Michonne on the walking dead, ill give this a shot

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    better question is why are so many "critically acclaimed" movies full of interracial relationships or gay relationships

total agenda pushing, and i've almost never seen a bad review of a movie with gay love even though it's disgusting to watch men fondle each other (women on the other hand...)
    I've tried to come up with a reason Hollywood and the entertainment industry push agendas to challenge societal norms. What do they gain, or what are they doing for society by trying to make homosexuality and interracial relationships mainstream?

There are very real reasons they aren't and shouldn't be mainstream in the cases of homosexuality (disease, the importance of a traditional family unit) and interracial relationships (the one pushed the most, black male white female, sees 98% of children born out of wedlock and the worst success rate and highest violence rate of any racial pairing), so what is the benefit to Hollywood or to society as a whole?

It definitely isn't increased revenues because for every consumer gained they lose and alienate more. It isn't beneficial to society for the reasons I listed.

I think to put it simply they are just on a power trip. They are like little kids getting a rush from burning ants with a magnifying glass. They push confusion and sow chaos because they can, and it makes them feel powerful. Fuk em

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19224

Good movie in 3d

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8819

i don't watch them, but you find them at the academy awards

brokeback mountain
    moonlight (won best picture last year)
    call me by your name (up for best picture this year)

etc etc
    Who cares about the academy awards? Haven't seen any of those movies(haven't even heard of the last one)

bigtymer56

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    I've tried to come up with a reason Hollywood and the entertainment industry push agendas to challenge societal norms. What do they gain, or what are they doing for society by trying to make homosexuality and interracial relationships mainstream?

There are very real reasons they aren't and shouldn't be mainstream in the cases of homosexuality (disease, the importance of a traditional family unit) and interracial relationships (the one pushed the most, black male white female, sees 98% of children born out of wedlock and the worst success rate and highest violence rate of any racial pairing), so what is the benefit to Hollywood or to society as a whole?

It definitely isn't increased revenues because for every consumer gained they lose and alienate more. It isn't beneficial to society for the reasons I listed.

I think to put it simply they are just on a power trip. They are like little kids getting a rush from burning ants with a magnifying glass. They push confusion and sow chaos because they can, and it makes them feel powerful. Fuk em
    Lmao when did this guy come back?

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Lmao when did this guy come back?

Dr Nostron
    Dr Nostron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10978

Very good movie - but I think some are overrating it for "social" reasons.

And sure enough about 5 minutes after the movie started here come 4 black women using their cell phones as flash lights - took them 10 minutes to finally get situated and shut the penetrate up - one of them actually called someone to let them know she had made it in.

You cant make this shit up.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

haven't seen it, buddy sent me this...lol

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Good to see all the resident racists in one place

Easier to catalogue
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BOA12

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

Easier to catalogue
    it's always racist to say more black people than whites don't know how to act at the movies... but it's never racist to say white men can't jump, dance, etc

i'm guessing it's also racist to the dog family to say that wolves, coyotes, and pit bulls are generally more violent than dachshunds

if all races are equal then i'm guessing everyone that calls someone else "racist" lives in a black neighborhood since they are so much more affordable, and keep their lawns in impeccable shape, never make loud noises at night, etc

honesty = racism

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Nostron View Post
    Very good movie - but I think some are overrating it for "social" reasons.
    I didn't find it politically or socially motivated. I really didn't think about color or Africa or Oakland, or whatever. It was fantasy. It was make believe. I really liked the story of a brother's betrayal and the kids in conflict years later. Then a fathers lie. I wish they would have fleshed out more about the brothers and why/how the kid became so hateful? I know that would have made the movie 3 hours and it would have been even less action but I like the build up in movies and I want to feel why the villain feels hate. I didn't really understand why he had so much hate and why it was directed at innocent people?

It could have been better, it wasn't a masterpiece, but I still enjoyed it, as it was entertaining. I felt it was worth my money, which is all I ask for in a movie.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post

key question, did the black panther in the movie know which hand was the right one to raise up and make a fist with?
    lol at the white boy not raising his hand.

bigtymer56

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post
    Hey Business, here's some history on the white boy and the photo. Guy was a true libtard hero...

https://www.cnn.com/2012/04/24/sport...wer/index.html

bigtymer56

it's always racist to say more black people than whites don't know how to act at the movies... but it's never racist to say white men can't jump, dance, etc

i'm guessing it's also racist to the dog family to say that wolves, coyotes, and pit bulls are generally more violent than dachshunds

if all races are equal then i'm guessing everyone that calls someone else "racist" lives in a black neighborhood since they are so much more affordable, and keep their lawns in impeccable shape, never make loud noises at night, etc

honesty = racism
    Do black people in milwaukee not take care of their lawns? In New York we do.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post
    Wow, do you even know your black history and how that white boy was a hero for civil rights???

In his own country Peter Norman remained the forgotten man. As soon as the U.S. delegation discovered that Norman wasn't going to attend, the United States Olympic Committee arranged to fly him to Sydney to be part of their delegation. He was invited to the birthday party of 200 and 400-meter runner Michael Johnson, where he was to be the guest of honor. Johnson took his hand, hugged him and declared that Norman was one of his biggest heroes.

Remembering Peter Norman
    When "Salute!" was released in Australia in 2008 it caused a sensation, breaking box office records. In a country known for its reverence of sporting legends, many were hearing Norman's story for the first time. But he would never see the film that would put his achievements back into the public consciousness.
    Peter Norman died of a heart attack on October 9, 2006.

At the funeral both Smith and Carlos gave the eulogy, where they announced that the U.S. Track and Field association had declared the day of his death to be "Peter Norman Day" -- the first time in the organization's history that such an honor had been bestowed on a foreign athlete.

Both men helped carry his coffin before it was lowered into the ground. For them, Norman was a hero -- "A lone soldier," according to Carlos -- for his small but determined stand against racism.
    "He paid the price. This was Peter Norman's stand for human rights, not Peter Norman helping Tommie Smith and John Carlos out," Smith told CNN. The three had remained friends ever since their chance meeting on that podium in Mexico City 44 years ago.
    "He just happened to be a white guy, an Australian white guy, between two black guys in the victory stand believing in the same thing."

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Do black people in milwaukee not take care of their lawns? In New York we do.
    for the most part they do not, no pride to many of the blacks here since they are mostly chicago black families that came here when welfare was better

my neighborhood is more mixed, people of all races are happy to move here away from the ghetto population... i still have some weird stuff like kids playing basketball in the middle of the street but it's a lot better than the inner city

do a street view of the north side of milwaukee and just look around, it's embarassing

you could start at a company i used to work with at 5228 n hopkins st

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Wow, do you even know your black history and how that white boy was a hero for civil rights???

In his own country Peter Norman remained the forgotten man. As soon as the U.S. delegation discovered that Norman wasn't going to attend, the United States Olympic Committee arranged to fly him to Sydney to be part of their delegation. He was invited to the birthday party of 200 and 400-meter runner Michael Johnson, where he was to be the guest of honor. Johnson took his hand, hugged him and declared that Norman was one of his biggest heroes.

Remembering Peter Norman
    When "Salute!" was released in Australia in 2008 it caused a sensation, breaking box office records. In a country known for its reverence of sporting legends, many were hearing Norman's story for the first time. But he would never see the film that would put his achievements back into the public consciousness.
    Peter Norman died of a heart attack on October 9, 2006.

At the funeral both Smith and Carlos gave the eulogy, where they announced that the U.S. Track and Field association had declared the day of his death to be "Peter Norman Day" -- the first time in the organization's history that such an honor had been bestowed on a foreign athlete.

Both men helped carry his coffin before it was lowered into the ground. For them, Norman was a hero -- "A lone soldier," according to Carlos -- for his small but determined stand against racism.
    "He paid the price. This was Peter Norman's stand for human rights, not Peter Norman helping Tommie Smith and John Carlos out," Smith told CNN. The three had remained friends ever since their chance meeting on that podium in Mexico City 44 years ago.
    "He just happened to be a white guy, an Australian white guy, between two black guys in the victory stand believing in the same thing."
    Yeah well, here is some truth

Peter Norman was from 1968 Australia

You were more likely to encounter a 3 legged kangaroo than interact with a black person in Australia then

Tolerance of uncomfortable or controversial issues is usually directly proportional to the amount of distance from them

Mac4Lyfe

Yeah well, here is some truth

Peter Norman was from 1968 Australia

You were more likely to encounter a 3 legged kangaroo than interact with a black person in Australia then

Tolerance of uncomfortable or controversial issues is usually directly proportional to the amount of distance from them
    Seems like you need to freshen up on your history as well. Norman was a civil rights advocate for Australian Aboriginals, who in case you missed it... Are black/brown skinned.

dlowilly

Seems like you need to freshen up on your history as well. Norman was a civil rights advocate for Australian Aboriginals, who in case you missed it... Are black/brown skinned.
    Irrelevant

Australian aboriginals Are actually more closely related to Asians than American blacks.

Many Pacific Islanders, people from India, etc. are dark skinned also.

Knowing them wouldn’t mean I know things about other people halfway around the world who are a similar shade.

I don’t know a damn thing about aboriginals in Australia other than what someone else tells me, nor do I know anything about the real dynamics between Serbs and Croatians, Sunnis and Shiites, etc.

The same was true about a guy living in 1968 Australia. His gesture was ignorant in the purest sense of the word.

BOA12

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

Easier to catalogue
    All the Presidents Men

milwaukee mike

kraken feels better about himself when he can call other people racists

i wonder how many deliveries of food he has given to the black community (i have done over 20,000)

i wonder how many free tax returns he has done for the black community (i have probably done at least 5,000)

but i'm sure his calling out of the racists on sbr is really doing a lot of good, putting food on the table and money in their pockets

bigtymer56

Mike, do the black people in your current neighborhood take care of their property?

dlowilly

kraken feels better about himself when he can call other people racists

i wonder how many deliveries of food he has given to the black community (i have done over 20,000)

i wonder how many free tax returns he has done for the black community (i have probably done at least 5,000)

but i'm sure his calling out of the racists on sbr is really doing a lot of good, putting food on the table and money in their pockets
    Hmmm a guy who has delivered food over 20k times to the black community and filed over 5k free tax returns for the black community...versus a guy from Oklahoma who is currently living in the least black big city in Amerca

I wonder who's opinion is more educated and valid?

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I thought it was ok. Felt like wonder woman, over hyped due to the social environment but still better than wonder woman.

The story and the main bad guy just didn't do it for me. I couldn't help but think it was a silly. His background story and the character were just cheesy.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Damn good movie. Great special effects, good plot. I'm a Marvel fan and this one took a very different tone. I liked the pacing and the fight scenes were spot on. I highly recommend.
    Marvel movies are the best. Haven't seen this yet.. Just watched Wonder Woman last night, thought it was great..

Dr Nostron
    Dr Nostron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10978

I didn't find it politically or socially motivated. I really didn't think about color or Africa or Oakland, or whatever. It was fantasy. It was make believe. I really liked the story of a brother's betrayal and the kids in conflict years later. Then a fathers lie. I wish they would have fleshed out more about the brothers and why/how the kid became so hateful? I know that would have made the movie 3 hours and it would have been even less action but I like the build up in movies and I want to feel why the villain feels hate. I didn't really understand why he had so much hate and why it was directed at innocent people?

It could have been better, it wasn't a masterpiece, but I still enjoyed it, as it was entertaining. I felt it was worth my money, which is all I ask for in a movie.
    I agree with all that - I was just saying instead of saying its a 4/5 movie - people are going overboard with praise just like they did with Wonder Woman - which was also very good but clearly not a masterpiece.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Nostron View Post
    I agree with all that - I was just saying instead of saying its a 4/5 movie - people are going overboard with praise just like they did with Wonder Woman - which was also very good but clearly not a masterpiece.
    The first Avengers movie was awesome as well.. Marvel movies rock, typically done well...

milwaukee mike

Hmmm a guy who has delivered food over 20k times to the black community and filed over 5k free tax returns for the black community...versus a guy from Oklahoma who is currently living in the least black big city in Amerca

sadly i'm looking to get out of milwaukee... what eventually happens is the people trying to do some good (in charities, school system, etc) give up after being disrespected or stabbed and robbed enough times

my cousin works at mps (milwaukee public schools) as a vice-principal and she claims it's worse than even the early 90s when there were tons of gangs, because you can no longer expel anyone, all it takes is a couple bad apples per class and it gives the rest of the students no chance

BOA12

for the most part they do not, no pride to many of the blacks here since they are mostly chicago black families that came here when welfare was better

my neighborhood is more mixed, people of all races are happy to move here away from the ghetto population... i still have some weird stuff like kids playing basketball in the middle of the street but it's a lot better than the inner city

do a street view of the north side of milwaukee and just look around, it's embarassing

you could start at a company i used to work with at 5228 n hopkins st
    Remember the white flight from Chicago, no white families became cheeseheads because the welfare was better? Oh, I forgot only blacks are on welfare. Chicago is one of the most racists cities(aren't they all?). Maybe These Chicago blacks thought MKE might be less racist,mike.

BOA12

Yours always

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by BOA12 View Post
    Remember the white flight from Chicago, no white families became cheeseheads because the welfare was better? Oh, I forgot only blacks are on welfare. Chicago is one of the most racists cities(aren't they all?). Maybe These Chicago blacks thought MKE might be less racist,mike.
    there are plenty of poor white people in milwaukee too

but let's be realistic, there are far more blacks in milwaukee getting assistance than whites

First 1234 Last