magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Home Depot or Lowes?

I cannot tell any difference to be honest... but I'm sure there are opinions out there.

Which offers better value? Better selection? Better help?

Axman3000
    Axman3000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Always liked the people and layout of Home Depot better. Might just be in my area though.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13839

Lowes is newer, cleaner, and has more helpful employees. I've made quite a few recent purchases while renovating my master bathroom last month. I trust their tools and products more too.

Just my experience based on my town and both are like 1 mile away from each other. Maybe even closer than that.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Not much of a difference between the two, I go to Home Depot more often because it's closer to my house. Lowe's stores have a nicer, brighter layout but ultimately the product selection and pricing are very similar.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

I usually go to Lowe's. Last time I was looking for a tool I saw advertised on their website for $10. Their site said they had about 7 of them left in stock. So I went to the store and looked for it in the area it was supposed to be, and couldn't find it. A store employee looked for me and also couldn't find it, so they found a similar higher quality tool that was about $30, and sold it to me for the price of the original cheaper one that I wanted. They also let me use their cardboard free of charge for a few projects I was doing around my house.

blap10
    blap10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1449

Pretty much the same store. Home Depot is a little closer to my home, so I usually go there.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Lowe's is better than Home Depot now
    if you are looking for anything other than real basic stuff.
    Home Depot quality fell off in recent years.