Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

New lead singer for Stone Temple Pilots.....

Not bad. Jeff Gutt.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

I definitely like the sound.

But it's weird. Does the singer sound too much like Weiland? Is that the point?

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    I definitely like the sound.

But it's weird. Does the singer sound too much like Weiland? Is that the point?
    It works. Listen to him do the old songs.....

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

Take him in your death pool????
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave gauchojake 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Take him in your death pool????

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

I auditioned myself for this spot... it was a very messy situation... all in all Id have taken the gig hands down but the purpose of this on the other members part seems to be to forget Weiland asap and cash in asap as well.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    I auditioned myself for this spot... it was a very messy situation... all in all Id have taken the gig hands down but the purpose of this on the other members part seems to be to forget Weiland asap and cash in asap as well.
    I read where 15,000 people ended up auditioning for this. How far did you get?

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

This could be interesting.

I look some more up when I get to a computer.

Hurry that's awesome. Have you made music before? In a band?

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    I read where 15,000 people ended up auditioning for this. How far did you get?
    Final 20. I was supposed to audition in NYC playing live with them the old songs at a private party and try and compose some lyrics for a couple of songs they already had written for this new album I presume. Rehearse with them for a week.

I first had to re record the classics Vasoline, Interstate Love Song and Trippin' In A Hole In A Paper Heart.

After I passed that stage they required a 5min video talking about myself, my life, my musical experience and a video no larger than 15 mins singing 3 songs of my choosing live which I did with Plush, Big Bang Baby & Hollywood Bitch...

Months passed and I got a video from them giving me feedback, inviting me to the studio in NYC and telling me what was expected of me at said audition and giving me some pointers.

It was fun. I was in a very rough spot money wise and I was not able to travel there to fight for it and audition. I knew my chances were slim as I knew from good source rumors this guy Gutt and some guy from the Philippines were pretty much the big favorites... there were also 4 rockstars from the 90's and early 00's pre-selected in those last 20. One of the biggest regrets of my life I guess, should have sold my asshole I guess, or robbed a liquor store.

I let them know and they replaced my spot with someone else... I thanked them profusely.

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    This could be interesting.

I look some more up when I get to a computer.

Hurry that's awesome. Have you made music before? In a band?

Yeah man, I have some recorded covers and a couple of originals. One single. I had a band from 2005 to 2007 but that one dissolved before recording, my guitar player had a kid, married and that was the end of that. Our drummer got crazy on drugs and was unable to function.

After that I started another band in 2012 but we split in 2014... in the middle of recording a 10 song LP.

Bluehorseshoe

Final 20. I was supposed to audition in NYC playing live with them the old songs at a private party and try and compose some lyrics for a couple of songs they already had written for this new album I presume. Rehearse with them for a week.

I first had to re record the classics Vasoline, Interstate Love Song and Trippin' In A Hole In A Paper Heart.

After I passed that stage they required a 5min video talking about myself, my life, my musical experience and a video no larger than 15 mins singing 3 songs of my choosing live which I did with Plush, Big Bang Baby & Hollywood Bitch...

Months passed and I got a video from them giving me feedback, inviting me to the studio in NYC and telling me what was expected of me at said audition and giving me some pointers.

It was fun. I was in a very rough spot money wise and I was not able to travel there to fight for it and audition. I knew my chances were slim as I knew from good source rumors this guy Gutt and some guy from the Philippines were pretty much the big favorites... there were also 4 rockstars from the 90's and early 00's pre-selected in those last 20. One of the biggest regrets of my life I guess, should have sold my asshole I guess, or robbed a liquor store.

I let them know and they replaced my spot with someone else... I thanked them profusely.
    Damn. I would have sent you money for that.

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Damn. I would have sent you money for that.
    Imagine that man

Family not able to help. My uncle/godfather who was the rich guy of the family died some months before and apparently didnt leave me anything, wife tried to take away from the guy's kids and grandsons... so... I dont even mind it, sour business!

Yeah probably will be my biggest regret of my life. If I would have been more responsible before that I would have been able to pay it myself!

Live & Learn
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bluehorseshoe

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6213

They should put a new name for the band at least

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    They should put a new name for the band at least
    Agreed 100%, it has only been 2 years...

Also.. they released the single and the live video last december around the 2 year anniversary of Scott's death, clearly trying to capitalize on the dates

JoeA1010
    JoeA1010's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24510

Man, that's amazing. I love STP. I would have kicked in $100 to help get you there.

Bluehorseshoe

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Hurryupndrink post a clip of the audition video if you still have it very cool there is a lead rock singer on the forum

Also, I don't know what it is but these former bands can't seem to make good new music. Listening to that Meadow song it seemed to be dead inside, no soul behind it.

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Yea I auditioned for rythm guitar for AC/DC after the passing of Malcom. Band said I nailed it and sounded way too much like his style... they reversed course and decided to pull the plug. Too painful I guess.

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

you guys are idiots

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by magaman View Post
    you guys are idiots

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Hurry ......

post a youtube vid of you singing Plush

Bluehorseshoe

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Kermit

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Alot of bands need new lead singers as the originals die off or quit.. AC/DC, and so many others.. Gotta hit up the tribute bands I guess..

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Why did Hurryupandlie vanish ?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

How the hell did I miss this thread?

My first instinct before listening to the new guy... I said... wait a minute.... this is bullsh#$. You can't replace Weiland.

After listening to him.... they sound oddly alike.... very similar.... for die hard STP fans... it's as close to Weiland that you're going to get. Enjoy it.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Blowing all the members of the band doesn't mean you auditioned to be the singer

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    Blowing all the members of the band doesn't mean you auditioned to be the singer
    Ohhhhhh no you didn't just say that. lol funny

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

There's always a guy from the Philippines.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    There's always a guy from the Philippines.
    True. It worked out for Journey.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

STP and AC/DC good examples. Loved listening to them back in the day. Liked both version of VanHalen too, though not as much as the other guys. Got a little too F---ked up listing to rock music and goin to concerts, though. (Chicks were mad at concerts)