Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1120

H & M uses black boy to model “Coolest Monkey” top

WTF were they thinking?

You tell me nobody said in the mtg, “hey guys, should we really use the black boy?”

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/08/news...die/index.html

PS: he is pretty fkn cool though

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8975

Quote Originally Posted by Fire in da hole View Post

WTF were they thinking?

You tell me nobody said in the mtg, “hey guys, should we really use the black boy?”

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/08/news...die/index.html

PS: he is pretty fkn cool though
    Lmao...they should probably let their American employees review the catalogs first in the future.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

People making everything about race. So silly.

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

bro, why are you on CNN?????

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    People making everything about race. So silly.
    I mean...... this is a tough mistake to make here... who let this happen?

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

in a similar vein, I just ordered several "#YouToo" t-shirts to wear out to the local strip clubs and swinger's bars.....
    Points Awarded:

RudyRuetigger gave Auto Donk 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RudyRuetigger

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    I mean...... this is a tough mistake to make here... who let this happen?
    People see what they want to see. I see a handsome young kid enjoying a shirt that uses an animal to describe children who are curious and have fun.

Fire in da hole

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    bro, why are you on CNN?????
    Got to check out what the opposition is saying..
    Points Awarded:

RudyRuetigger gave Fire in da hole 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

understandable

GOOD WORK

Fire in da hole

People see what they want to see. I see a handsome young kid enjoying a shirt that uses an animal to describe children who are curious and have fun.
    Seriously?

you are in denial if you didn’t find the irony in a black boy wearing that shirt...

Am I a racist because I thought it was funny?

Auto Donk

you and me both....

and I love laughing....

nothing made me laugh more than seeing that fatass brian stelter crying about trump's "bigger button" twit, tweet, or whatever the fuk it's called, and reporting to the nation that he was contacting the head of twitter to demand that trump's potus account be suspended for violating twitter's terms of service, in that he was threatening harm to people via twitter.....

i' d love to meet that fatass on the street and beat the shit out of him.....

A4K

Seriously?

you are in denial if you didn’t find the irony in a black boy wearing that shirt...

Am I a racist because I thought it was funny?
    I see the irony of the situation but I don't think H&m has intended malice towards black people. I'm looking at intent and not a cynical view of the world. I call kids in my life silly little monkeys all of the time. Much a do about nothing.

Fire in da hole

I see the irony of the situation but I don't think H&m has intended malice towards black people. I'm looking at intent and not a cynical view of the world. I call kids in my life silly little monkeys all of the time. Much a do about nothing.
    Ok, I got you and agree.

I don’t think they had any malice either. Probably people too involved in creating it not allowing someone not involved to review prior.

Auto Donk

i only use the silly little monkeys when referring to the black guy's trying to roust me for money as I pull up to the courthouse downtown, as I place my Desert Eagle in my brief case, alllowing them to see it in the placement process.....

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20349

Maybe fat azz Orca Winfrey can make a speech about it.

Fire in da hole

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    you and me both....

and I love laughing....

nothing made me laugh more than seeing that fatass brian stelter crying about trump's "bigger button" twit, tweet, or whatever the fuk it's called, and reporting to the nation that he was contacting the head of twitter to demand that trump's potus account be suspended for violating twitter's terms of service, in that he was threatening harm to people via twitter.....

i' d love to meet that fatass on the street and beat the shit out of him.....
    I can’t bring myself to go to lib places like MSNBC or huff post, but I get a lib view from CNN.

Some of the stuff is crazy

A4K

I can’t bring myself to go to lib places like MSNBC or huff post, but I get a lib view from CNN.

Some of the stuff is crazy
    I believe there is real racism in the world and I believe that some black people, in general, are treated unfairly by the police. The problem, in my opinion, is that the liberal media turns every situation into a discussion on racism. Not every dumb ad and police shooting are racially motivated.

Fire in da hole

I believe there is real racism in the world and I believe that some black people, in general, are treated unfairly by the police. The problem, in my opinion, is that the liberal media turns every situation into a discussion on racism. Not every dumb ad and police shooting are racially motivated.
    A4k is sharp.... it’s nice to discuss with people who have a clue.

I’m not sure I would say black people are treated unfairly in general by police, but I’m not going to say I have my head in the sand and that some haven’t been treated in certain circumstances.

There are things police to to other races I don’t agree with, like the guy shot in the hotel hallway or the Australian lady killed by the cop knocking on police car. I think most of it comes down to training and the lib media then turning poor judgement and/or training into a race issue

Fire in da hole

i only use the silly little monkeys when referring to the black guy's trying to roust me for money as I pull up to the courthouse downtown, as I place my Desert Eagle in my brief case, alllowing them to see it in the placement process.....

Oh shet, you should have reality show. If honey boo boo can get on, no way your show wouldn’t make millions.

A4K

A4k is sharp.... it’s nice to discuss with people who have a clue.

I’m not sure I would say black people are treated unfairly in general by police, but I’m not going to say I have my head in the sand and that some haven’t been treated in certain circumstances.

There are things police to to other races I don’t agree with, like the guy shot in the hotel hallway or the Australian lady killed by the cop knocking on police car. I think most of it comes down to training and the lib media then turning poor judgement and/or training into a race issue
    My opinion is a bit skewed. Grew up in the Los Angeles area in the 80's and 90's.

There are a lot of police officers in this country and it literally only takes a few penetrate ups each year to get the media crying about the police being out of control. The media will rarely show you police officers using restraint because it doesn't gain viewers. Below is a clip of deputies using restraint because they didn't want their bullets flying through a neighborhood. I know guys at this department...

Fire in da hole

Police have one of the hardest jobs and must make split decisions that have life and death consequences. Their job is not wary and I have much respect for them. I’ll be the first to admit though there are bad cops.

Auto Donk

My opinion is a bit skewed. Grew up in the Los Angeles area in the 80's and 90's.

There are a lot of police officers in this country and it literally only takes a few penetrate ups each year to get the media crying about the police being out of control. The media will rarely show you police officers using restraint because it doesn't gain viewers. Below is a clip of deputies using restraint because they didn't want their bullets flying through a neighborhood. I know guys at this department...

that would be, I presume, the same police dept in the city of angels that coined the phrase "Gorillas in the Mist" referring to their early morning response call to a domestic violence dispute in south central.....

while in SoCal, I worked with a law firm that represented lapd officers in the civil suits that were filed against them for violations of civil rights, etc......

a few officers, after a case that went well, presented me with the official lapd tshirt, with LAPD Block letter on the front, but with the added saying on the back "we treat you like a king"....

this was shortly after the rodney king beating/trial/la riots....

Cube and T obviously got their hands on similar "knock off" versions after the press found out about the existence of such shirts within the force:

Last edited by Auto Donk; 01-08-18 at 12:44 PM.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 145

someone definitely fell asleep at the wheel on this one.

A4K

that would be, I presume, the same police dept in the city of angels that coined the phrase "Gorillas in the Mist" referring to their early morning response call to a domestic violence dispute in south central.....

while in SoCal, I worked with a law firm that represented lapd officers in the civil suits that were filed against them for violations of civil rights, etc......

a few officers, after a case that went well, presented me with the official lapd tshirt, with LAPD Block letter on the front, but with the added saying on the back "we treat you like a king"....

this was shortly after the rodney king beating/trial/la riots....

Cube obviously got his hands on a similar "knock off" version after the press found out about the existence of such shirts within the force:

This is the Orange County Sherrif's

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16909

Advertising genius if we are talking about it on a gambling forum.

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by franklee168 View Post
    Advertising genius if we are talking about it on a gambling forum.

Auto Donk

we repped the OC sherriff's dept and them too, and the anaheim police dept, in brutality cases....

my favorite case we had was the fbi had a guy holed up in a standoff inside a local trailer park....

the orange county local, hearing all the shit going down on the radio, rushes to the scene (after having just picked up his kid from school, who is then riding shotgun with him), powerslides into the trailer park and right into the standoff scene, kid still in tow, slides inbetween the feds and the trailer, jumps out, and without having communicated with anyone at the scene, launches a percussion grenade through a window into the trailer' he thinks is involved (he was wrong), and blows it to smithereens.....

damn, I loved that job....

you can probably still find press on it on line somewhere.....
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 01-08-18 at 12:51 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25388

A4K

we repped the OC sherriff's dept and them too, and the anaheim police dept, in brutality cases....

my favorite case we had was the fbi had a guy holed up in a standoff inside a local trailer park....

the orange county local, hearing all the shit going down on the radio, rushes to the scene (after having just picked up his kid from school, who is then riding shotgun with him), powerslides into the trailer park and right into the standoff scene, kid still in tow, slides inbetween the feds and the trailer, jumps out, and without having communicated with anyone at the scene, launches a percussion grenade through a window into the trailer' he thinks is involved (he was wrong), and blows it to smithereens.....

damn, I loved that job....

you can probably still find press on it on line somewhere.....
    I worked for OC Sheriff early 2000's under, Corona...fun times.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Coolest Monkey In The Jungle....Offensive?

I believe the photo was taken in Britain.....is this just an issue with people in the united states?

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

I meant to post this last night

This had to be approved by multiple people right?

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

didn't see Fire posted this.........guess he didn't give his cleaning lady off

12 Last