TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

One Thing I Hate About Holiday Shopping Online Using USPS As A Shipper...

Just bought some perfume for a chick online from Ebay. Oddly enough... I didn't know the seller was 3 cities next to mine and shipping was only 1 day.

Tracking info says "Package left at front door/near or around porch"

Now what in the hell does that mean? It's so vague.

Anyways... last year I got the same description... for a package... and I never received it. Wasn't anywhere insight.

Come to find out... when I spoke to USPS on the phone.... wastes your entire day... 35-40 minutes of wait time... then 15 minutes explaining your story and typing it out... unfukkingreal.

What happens is... the USPS person hits the GPS button.... and can actually say they delivered it at your home... but actually... it can be a neighboring home.

I just hate this sh#$ because... I didn't get the damn package... someone nearby has it.... and the guy at EBAY thinks I'm a complete nut because it says on his end... it's delivered.. What more do you want from me?

This fukking world.

And people are suppose to be jolly around the holidays?

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10790

Still better than going to the mall any day
    Just reorder it

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Still better than going to the mall any day
    Just reorder it
    True. But what about the money I'm out? Should I raise hell with USPS? Why do they hire inconsiderate a$$holes who rush and want to get their runs over for the day? Don't ask for the job if you don't want to do it right.

Should I knock on my neighbors door and say... by any chance do you happen to have my package??? While he looks at me like I'm an a$$hole.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heroin/meth addicts steal packages all the time all over the US lately........

Very easy to steal, even if you have security cameras............

TheMoneyShot

So anyways... to give you an update from what happened last year. I purchased a PS4 game around Christmas last year on Ebay... shipped USPS. I immediately reported it to the main USPS hotline. I said... how is it possible that the driver said they delivered it but they didn't? The lady on the phone explained to me how USPS GPS tracking works. She said... it's typically the house on the left of you... the house on the right of you... or even the house across the street of you. They probably got your package.

I said... then what's the procedure??? She said stealing mail is a Federal Crime... even though they didn't intentionally steal it... they are in possession of it... if it isn't returned to you somehow or someway within 7 days... we will send out govt agents to your neighbors homes. lol Like I said... just telling you what she told me.

So anyways... it magically appeared in my mailbox 3 days after filing the report.

I just hope this perfume shows up.... it's just a big pain in the ass.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

invest in a nest cam for your front door area

Xmas to yourself

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Money what kind of perfume?

most perfume sold on eBay counterfeit

girl would have thought you were a cheap fuk

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Heroin/meth addicts steal packages all the time all over the US lately........

Very easy to steal, even if you have security cameras............
    speaking of meth just watched meth storm on hbo, wow u really feel better about ur life after watching that

jameski999
    jameski999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4260

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post

This. Who the fukk buys perfume off ebay. Fukking hamburger
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: El Nino

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

In the poker game of life, women are the rake....Dont buy them a god damn thing. Problem solved. Good luck tho $Shot.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3549

UPS dropped two packages on my doorstep Monday night, rang the doorbell, and left. Who the he'll wants their doorbell unexpectedly rung at 7:55pm?

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    invest in a nest cam for your front door area

Xmas to yourself
    Thanks for the info Arch. I'll be looking into it.

lol this fukking guy. I even buy tester bottles if you wanted to know more. lol I don't give a fuk. I already spent 3k on gifts for people this year. I'm in the giving mood. Won a lot of wagers this year. Spreading the joy. Of course... no joy for me. And furthermore.... the sh#$ is good on Ebay. Look at the positive ratings... and number of successful transactions before buying... Only buy from sellers 2000+ and 99%+ rating. Never had a bad bottle. Also, there are a lot of people who are very keen when it comes to fragrances... always someone would go off on a seller for 1 bad bottle. Trust me. Haven't purchase perfume or cologne from the mall in 10+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    UPS dropped two packages on my doorstep Monday night, rang the doorbell, and left. Who the he'll wants their doorbell unexpectedly rung at 7:55pm?
    My buddy works for UPS... he gets angry people like this all the time. lol They are told to knock once or ring the doorbell. It's procedure.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

where's my present

TheMoneyShot

where's my present
    You were already blessed this year in fantasy football with your team

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5369

where's my present
    At the neighbor's house obviously!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sweep

TheMoneyShot

USPS finally answered on the 58th minute. Waste of time. Unreal.... but I had to get a case number to give to the Ebay seller.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    At the neighbor's house obviously!
    classic!

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    this video is a perfect representation for bernie sanders' political career. Bernie is the driver, you are the idiot supporter stealing other people's stuff.

TheMoneyShot

lol that driver though! Girl can't even get one foot in the car!

retard
    retard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

The seller is supposed to report the missing package up to 50$ insurance free to usps and refund you.

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

USPS finally answered on the 58th minute. Waste of time. Unreal.... but I had to get a case number to give to the Ebay seller.

Sounds like this will happen again to you so here you go....

DON'T fuking call an USPS 800 #. WTF are they gonna do?
    DO go to the USPS post office that your carrier delivers out of.
    The supervisor/postmaster CAN show you on a screen exactly where the package was scanned (within about 2 feet) using the GPS map.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by retard View Post
    The seller is supposed to report the missing package up to 50$ insurance free to usps and refund you.
    But on the seller's end it shows on record that it was apparently delivered. The seller's defense would be.... I didn't do anything wrong... I shipped it and it says delivered.

And I'm saying I never got the package... someone else did.
    So, I wouldn't know how Ebay would handle this?

I didn't have to worry about this before (last missing package)... because the package that was missing just mysteriously showed up in my mailbox 2-3 days after I made the complaint with USPS. Don't really know how this will turn out?

Quote Originally Posted by hostile takeover View Post

The supervisor/postmaster CAN show you on a screen exactly where the package was scanned (within about 2 feet) using the GPS map.
    Good point. I will call them later on today or maybe even stop in person.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by hostile takeover View Post

Just spoke to the main guy at the post office. He said he will contact the driver who made that run on Wednesday and will get back to me. Of course the driver can just say... hey I delivered it. But who knows???

jtoler

Did this perfume cost over $20 Money, if not or not much more prob easier to just buy more than go through all that trouble.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

^lol the admitted troll is cowardly avoiding me

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Did this perfume cost over $20 Money, if not or not much more prob easier to just buy more than go through all that trouble.
    I guess it's basically principle now. It's one of those things you say to yourself... I was home all day... not to mention outside at 2:40 PM while tracking indicates package was dropped off at 2:25 PM. I didn't hear or see anything before that. While I was outside... I checked the mailbox... no letters... nothing. Check the porch area... nothing. Went outside around 6PM... got the packages from UPS and FedEx. Went to check the mailbox... and the mail was there.

So which leads me to believe... the person who was scheduled to drop off the package... wasn't my normal mailman. It was someone else... apparently unfamiliar with the area? Maybe couldn't read an address??? In which it's located in 3 different areas on my property.. in case they are blind??? It's just annoying.... I don't respect people who can't do a simple job.

jtoler

Dang thats crazy, seems hard to deliver elsewhere if thats the case, its Christmas time, prob lotta stealing going on and employees prob not immune.

Halfapointoff
    Halfapointoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1158

I guess it's basically principle now. It's one of those things you say to yourself... I was home all day... not to mention outside at 2:40 PM while tracking indicates package was dropped off at 2:25 PM. I didn't hear or see anything before that. While I was outside... I checked the mailbox... no letters... nothing. Check the porch area... nothing. Went outside around 6PM... got the packages from UPS and FedEx. Went to check the mailbox... and the mail was there.

So which leads me to believe... the person who was scheduled to drop off the package... wasn't my normal mailman. It was someone else... apparently unfamiliar with the area? Maybe couldn't read an address??? In which it's located in 3 different areas on my property.. in case they are blind??? It's just annoying.... I don't respect people who can't do a simple job.
    Humans are funny. They know they are not perfect, but when something happens to them they expect nothing but perfection. If this is an ongoing occurrence then you have a logical complaint. But a rarity miss delivery, no matter how easy the job is, perfection will never and should not be expected.

bigbubbafade
    bigbubbafade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2456

Just spoke to the main guy at the post office. He said he will contact the driver who made that run on Wednesday and will get back to me. Of course the driver can just say... hey I delivered it. But who knows???
    You're screwed
    Last edited by bigbubbafade; 12-15-17 at 06:24 PM. Reason: fuk it

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

interesting thing. We get deliveries about half the days of the week and sometimes more. alot more recently due to the holidays and getting a bunch of gear for an upcoming back packing trip... anyways...

got two packages from amazon today and with the delivery confirmation email they included a Picture of the packages on our porch.

made me think its an excellent way for an amazon delivery thug to just tell their friends to follow them and 5 mins after they leave, they are free to steal them off porch

Driver won't be a suspect since they have the pics

bigbubbafade
    bigbubbafade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2456

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    interesting thing. We get deliveries about half the days of the week and sometimes more. alot more recently due to the holidays and getting a bunch of gear for an upcoming back packing trip... anyways...

got two packages from amazon today and with the delivery confirmation email they included a Picture of the packages on our porch.

made me think its an excellent way for an amazon delivery thug to just tell their friends to follow them and 5 mins after they leave, they are free to steal them off porch

Driver won't be a suspect since they have the pics
    Yeah they take pics but we had a package delivered to our neighbors porch. They took a pic, my wife watched them. We contacted amazon and told them they delivered to the wrong address.

They refunded the purchase, didn't even bother to get the package off the neighbors porch so we went ahead and grabbed it.

Thing about Amazon carriers I've noticed is that there is no way this will be a long term job for them and they act like it.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Halfapointoff View Post
    Humans are funny. They know they are not perfect, but when something happens to them they expect nothing but perfection. If this is an ongoing occurrence then you have a logical complaint. But a rarity miss delivery, no matter how easy the job is, perfection will never and should not be expected.
    So, if you're at a bank making a cash deposit... and the teller miscounts a deposit of $200 and only gives you $180. Who's fault is that?

You going to claim.... perfection will never and should never be expected? You kidding me right now with this opinion?

Tracking was designed to effectively correct an issue like this... but USPS GPS tracking clearly has flaws.

Furthermore, why should I lose $25.00 because of someone's ignorant error?

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by bigbubbafade View Post
    Yeah they take pics but we had a package delivered to our neighbors porch. They took a pic, my wife watched them. We contacted amazon and told them they delivered to the wrong address.

They refunded the purchase, didn't even bother to get the package off the neighbors porch so we went ahead and grabbed it.

Thing about Amazon carriers I've noticed is that there is no way this will be a long term job for them and they act like it.
    90% of the items I've purchased are from Amazon using UPS. I would say sometimes I see an odd or unusual vehicle delivering a package.... always wondered what the hell that was about? Guess I know now.

Halfapointoff
    Halfapointoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1158

So, if you're at a bank making a cash deposit... and the teller miscounts a deposit of $200 and only gives you $180. Who's fault is that?

You going to claim.... perfection will never and should never be expected? You kidding me right now with this opinion?

Tracking was designed to effectively correct an issue like this... but USPS GPS tracking clearly has flaws.

Furthermore, why should I lose $25.00 because of someone's ignorant error?
    Of course not, but what is wrong with you people? Not logical at all anymore. It sucks and that's life, unlike you, humans make mistakes and to be upset about it is fine, but to act like a child and call people names for a possible mistake is ridiculous. Btw how do you not know it wasn't stolen?

12 Last