Mr. Peepers
    Mr. Peepers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Do you Juice?

Not steroids...Talking about making your own fruit and vegitable juice. Watched a documentary on Netflix and guy lost a ton of weight and got super healthy after 60 days. Anyone have any experience?

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

We make fresh juices daily. Never did it for weight loss though. Just like having fresh juice.

Watermelon with ginger and cucumber was a summertime staple

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3026

I do off and on now and need to get back on it for sure. I'm not a big vegetable eater so it's a good way for me to get the nutrients from vegetables. I would drink a 16-20 ounce glass for dinner and would have to force myself to eat something in the morning, wouldn't feel hungry at all. Go easy on the fruits, still a lot of sugar but it's so much better tasting than the store bought stuff. During the week I would do celery/cucumber/kale/carrot/broccoli/green apple/lime as the base and add things like mint, spinach, chard, ginger, beet, and tomatoes. For my weekend breakfast drinks I would do fresh orange/pineapple/grapefruit.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Found out while juicing that I was allergic to carrot juice. I was only taking in about 4 ounces 3-4 times a day. 2-3 days later... sore throat and cough. But I can eat cooked carrots just fine.

I don't get it?

I even thought my juicer wasn't sanitized properly. After I got over the sickness.... I bleached everything out... then continued with the carrot juice... got a sore throat and cough 2-3 days after.

I was like son of a bitch...

Got over the sickness... I said fuk it.. I'll buy a brand new juicer... maybe there's some bacteria that I'm missing or something??? Bought a new juicer... did the carrot juice... 2-3 days later sore throat and cough.

I don't get it?!?!?!?

But cooked carrots I can eat just fine.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

only way I can eat sweet potatoes is a smoothie. Juicing is good as long as it's not one of those juicers that take out all the fiber. If you're juicing for a diet you need a vitamix or something as powerful.

Most juice isn't good for you, you could lose weight still but for other reasons but not good to drink juice without the fiber.

Hugh Madbrough
    Hugh Madbrough's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 264

Came here expecting cycling, yao ming. Leaving disappointed.

Eastcoastbangas
    Eastcoastbangas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Yeah, it’s haeathy af