PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you have xfinity/comcast stock sell it NOW!

This cable giant has been ripping off it's customers for years (only because they're a mega monopoly).......

Their latest assault on their customers (who are already locked in contract who enjoyed everything on demand free one week ago per contract) is to charge outrageous fees on everything on demand,I mean everything....

If you have the premium and regular channels package, you now have to purchase a subscription for each one you want to watch on demand..

The cost is 10 to 15 dollar per network all the way down to and including basic channels..

If you were to buy an on demand subscription for lets say ,lets say 300 out of 1,000's of channels
    You would pay $3,000.00 to $4,500.00 per month!!!

They know technology is going to bring their fortress down very soon..

They are just going postal on their subscribers until their ship FINALLY sinks.....
    Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 11-08-17 at 04:05 PM.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Im out of my Comcast contract Feb 5 2018, all my tvs are smart and I have finally adjusted to using net tv, not sure I can live without cable, but Im going to cancel and at least try.

later

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

started using sling on monday to go with HBO Go, Hulu, and netflix

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    started using sling on monday to go with HBO Go, Hulu, and netflix
    Did you go with the Sling Orange, Blue or both packages, are you happy with it so far? I guess Ive got to go with the Blue package so I can stream more than one tv at a time.

later

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Internet TV is terrible not even close to television

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

they are preparing their cable fall with xfinity mobile service. If they can get all their internet customers to go mobile as well, they will maintain a strong hold. Strength is quality of internet and cable compared to others. If they maintain it with mobile, they will continue to grow.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

love the voice remote

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Internet TV is terrible not even close to television
    Has issues for sure but every game is there for me. The cost is a huge difference

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

I have fios. but I got a decked out Sony xbr a few months ago and it has a direct tv tuner built in... I'm tempted.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I don't know how it is in every state? But if you have Comcast.... here's my advice...

I'm in Michigan.... and usually you can find the name of your Regional Comcast Seller in your area. No, he's not technically a COLD SELLER. He's the guy or gal that can make things right... all he does is sales. You can't call the 800 number to find it. Also, placing an order through the internet is not a good idea either.

The next Comcast advertisement you receive at your door... always keep it. They will usually put a name on it. Call the number and ask him if he's a regional seller for Comcast? Or a cold seller? The regional sales rep can do 10X more for you than the 800 number... and the retention department.

They usually can save you around $35.00 a month off your bill. No extended contracts etc.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

they will still be doing well with the net neutrality ruling coming down. (sometime next two weeks i think?)

no need to worry about ISPs.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Don't forget they could wind up buying CNN to help the att timewarner deal.

Somewhere in there is a way to monetize the customer more efficiently.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Dont you hate companies that rip the citizens off, I came into one called Telecheck recently, oh my the complaints against that company, there's a reason why these companies stay in business and nothing ever happens to them.

Wheatgrass
    Wheatgrass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 728

mlb.tv are flat out crooks

their operators even give out fake cancellation codes when you cancel your account. then out of nowhere $49.99 charge in the middle of winter

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Has issues for sure but every game is there for me. The cost is a huge difference
    Iptv box

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    I have fios. but I got a decked out Sony xbr a few months ago and it has a direct tv tuner built in... I'm tempted.
    Sony makes very good TV's,I understand that the xbr.has a lot of features .......good luck with it.

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatgrass View Post
    mlb.tv are flat out crooks

their operators even give out fake cancellation codes when you cancel your account. then out of nowhere $49.99 charge in the middle of winter
    Their customer support is down right bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!