milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

**why did my moviepass thread get deleted?

Edit by SBR: It wasn't deleted, but we have an error with our server config where sometimes recent posts are not shown in search during autoscaling. We're working on it right now, sorry for the inconvenience.

_______

was going to add some new reviews

american assassin... mediocre film, too much "iran is getting a nuclear weapon" propaganda... maybe they should've updated it to current north korea storytelling lol, i give it 4/10

friend request... better than i expected, some good scares... story is full of holes but what do you expect from a horror flick... see this one fast because it was a total flop that will be gone soon, i give it 8/10
    Last edited by SBR Forum; 09-27-17 at 09:57 AM. Reason: added answer

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I'm looking forward to seeing the next blade runner movie and that geostorm movie which should be entertaining. Those disaster movies are about pointless to watch at home.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing the next blade runner movie and that geostorm movie which should be entertaining. Those disaster movies are about pointless to watch at home.
    yeah blade runner looks good

since i'm a scifi/horror fan i'm also looking forward to flatliners, jigsaw, happy death day

i'll be at the theater a lot over the next month or so... you're right the big screen and sound are great for certain movies

brooks85

are you going to see that mother! movie?

They keep showing these Indian/Hindi movies at my theater lately. This month is Judwaa 2 lol

Axman3000
    Axman3000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

If you like Friend Request then you will probably like Unfriended. A similar concept but the entire movie takes place through the eyes of cameras in computer video chatting. I wouldn't of paid money to see it in a theater but it would be worth a rental.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by Axman3000 View Post
    If you like Friend Request then you will probably like Unfriended. A similar concept but the entire movie takes place through the eyes of cameras in computer video chatting. I wouldn't of paid money to see it in a theater but it would be worth a rental.
    i've seen it, and yes i liked it but unlike friend request i expected unfriended to be better

i was going to see mother! but the timing didn't really work and the reviews were so awful

brooks85

yeah I want to get see mother! just to see how bad it is and it's hilarious she jennifer lawerence is banging the director now. Guy has her mindfucked from making this movie, legitimately lol

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    yeah I want to get see mother! just to see how bad it is and it's hilarious she jennifer lawerence is banging the director now. Guy has her mindfucked from making this movie, legitimately lol
    did you see black swan? that was a weird movie too

i like weird but not when it's unnecessarily confusing like twin peaks

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by Axman3000 View Post
    Fun fact about Unfriended: The whole movie was filmed in one single take.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Fun fact about Unfriended: The whole movie was filmed in one single take.
    and it was made for $1 million! crazy

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993431

It wasn't deleted, but we have an error with our server config where sometimes recent posts are not shown in search during autoscaling. We're working on it right now, sorry for the inconvenience.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    It wasn't deleted, but we have an error with our server config where sometimes recent posts are not shown in search during autoscaling. We're working on it right now, sorry for the inconvenience.
    thanks, no worries

thought i was going crazy when i didn't see it

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    did you see black swan? that was a weird movie too

i like weird but not when it's unnecessarily confusing like twin peaks
    yeah that is definitely a weird movie. Did you check out the neon demon? That's a strange one.

brooks85

blade runner is getting really good reviews.

Company that recently bought 51% share of moviepass has seen their stock going up almost 6x . The CEO said he thinks moviepass is like a buffet of food. People will use it a lot the first time, less the second, less the third and then eventually every so often.

I don't know about that, people's stomachs limit their buffet trips plus buffet is only good while you're there. $9.99 for a whole month is different.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

About to see new flatliners movie. Moviespass is so awesome

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

looking forward to Blade Runner...

haven't been to the movie theater in months but will probably buy the movie pass when I see BR.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

did you see IT mike? what'd you think?

Good. Fine. A tad too long?

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    did you see IT mike? what'd you think?

Good. Fine. A tad too long?
    yes i saw "it"... think i gave an 8 review... didn't like the creepy extended sequence of boys with their shirts off, and them saying fukk every other word throughout the movie, and the girl getting creeped on by her dad... none of that amuses or entertains me, just sickening... otherwise pretty good

finally just saw "mother", lot of weird shit going on near the end of that movie... pretty slow for the first 2/3rd or so but i liked the movie, i'll give it a 7/10

milwaukee mike

saw blade runner today

slow moving and long, i wanted to like it more than i did... will give it a 8.5 just because the visuals were great and there were a lot of titties

brooks85

yeah for how long the movie is they did not do a great job setting the stage of what is going on in the world?

So an unauthorized android can just waltz into the LAPD, steal evidence, kill a guy inside and leave with no problem? As if no one cares. Then the same android returns, kills one of the top LAPD people and again no one cares?...

just doesn't make sense especially when they spend part of the movie enforcing how important and delicate the dynamic is if the info gets out about the baby. Apparently the government just doesn't care at all.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Still no Movie Pass like 3 months later.

brooks85

^damn, that's crazy. Make sure they are not charging you. They did that to a lot of people, double charged.

Geostorm is just what I thought it would be, definitely would not watch that at home lol. The only good thing about the movie was the graphics on a big screen

The Foreigner is badass.

milwaukee mike

sorry to hear gaucho

some more movies i've seen lately...

FLATLINERS - not as bad as the reviews, i was entertained, i'll give it a 6.5/10

HAPPY DEATH DAY - i thought this was a really good movie, a lot of plot holes though so i'll go 8/10

AMERICAN MADE - WOW! this is a fantastic movie, one of the best movies i've ever seen, no bullshit 10+