gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    I guess if you are frequently pawning your tv's, they're not a good investment.

Capitols44
    Capitols44's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    not really it just means your tv is worth something. Electronics get out dated all the time. Remember the 8 track player or black and white tvs ?

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Tv is 5 years old...maybe 32 inch

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

42 " LED, thinking about upgrading to a smart TV soon. Fukk they are cheap nowadays.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

42 a perfect size for any room and cheap

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

For $6 you can get a month subscription to consumer reports. They tell you the most reliable brands.

I have a 47 or 50 inch HD LG. A little too much IMO.

Go to Crutchfield and they have a guide that gives you the best size based on how far away you view the thing.

As for 4k, can you get that resolution from cable or satellite?

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Here is summary of where I am, and I'm kind of frustrated.

Bought the 65 inch LG 4k with active HDR. Unfortunately, it comes with legs, and not a base stand. Meaning, whatever I want to put it on, needs to be as long as my TV. A 65 inch TV, is roughly 53 inches long, meaning I now need a surface of at least 53 inches to put it on. If they would just make it with a base stand, then you can pretty much put it on anything. My old 50 inch Samsung had a base stand, so I put it on this small TV stand that could support it.

I basically wasted all day today trying to mount my TV to find that there is probably a concrete wall or metal plate in the wall. I could only get the screws a few inches in. Now I'm trying to decide if I should return this TV for a samsung so I can put it on my same TV stand, or if I should go find a TV stand that is at least 53 inches long to put the LG on.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Here is summary of where I am, and I'm kind of frustrated.
    Bought the 65 inch LG 4k with active HDR. Unfortunately, it comes with legs, and not a base stand. Meaning, whatever I want to put it on, needs to be as long as my TV. A 65 inch TV, is roughly 53 inches long, meaning I now need a surface of at least 53 inches to put it on. If they would just make it with a base stand, then you can pretty much put it on anything. My old 50 inch Samsung had a base stand, so I put it on this small TV stand that could support it.
    I basically wasted all day today trying to mount my TV to find that there is probably a concrete wall or metal plate in the wall. I could only get the screws a few inches in. Now I'm trying to decide if I should return this TV for a samsung so I can put it on my same TV stand, or if I should go find a TV stand that is at least 53 inches long to put the LG on.
    What model did you get?
    Why wouldn't you want to put it on a TV stand long enough? I wouldn't want to put it on a little stand where it could tip over. You need to get a longer stand or mount it. You need a good drill bit to drill into concrete or metal. I think most big TVs look good mounted anyway. That way you can keep the stand and hide the cables behind the wall with a nice install. Think it out and plan ahead. Don't give up on a tv because of your stand.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

65e6p LG OLED

It's awesome.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    65e6p LG OLED
    It's awesome.
    I have the curved 65C6P and I love it. Best 3D period. I think the curve makes images seem to leap off the screen better.

But damn, I would love to have an 85 inch. I don't see those prices coming down anytime soon though.

Codasintehhouse
    Codasintehhouse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10942

Only read the OP, 4K is complete bullshit I have one and the tech is way better than any cable or satellite thats why they are so cheap now. Waste of penetrating money

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

Quote Originally Posted by Codasintehhouse View Post
    Only read the OP, 4K is complete bullshit I have one and the tech is way better than any cable or satellite thats why they are so cheap now. Waste of penetrating money
    Netflix streams 4k for some stuff. I can't tell the difference, maybe with a magnifying glass standing right at screen you could.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    What model did you get?
    Why wouldn't you want to put it on a TV stand long enough? I wouldn't want to put it on a little stand where it could tip over. You need to get a longer stand or mount it. You need a good drill bit to drill into concrete or metal. I think most big TVs look good mounted anyway. That way you can keep the stand and hide the cables behind the wall with a nice install. Think it out and plan ahead. Don't give up on a tv because of your stand.
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-65-c...?skuId=5792902

Got it for $1K, it is normally like $1,700.

I'm just going to find a bigger TV stand to put it on. I wanted it mounted but I'm guessing I hit concrete or some kind of metal plate protecting wires when I drilled into the wall. Right now it is just sitting on the ground not being used, today I'm going to look for a long enough table. Only problem is I have a small car, so I may have to buy something I have to assemble unless whoever I buy it from offers free or affordable shipping.

KRIT

Got the TV up and running and it's awesome. Unfortunately not much is available in 4K, but the stuff on Netflix and Amazon Prime that are available in 4K look great. I wonder how long it will be until most of cable TV is 4K.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Anything above a 43 inch and you were a real real jerk off

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Got the TV up and running and it's awesome. Unfortunately not much is available in 4K, but the stuff on Netflix and Amazon Prime that are available in 4K look great. I wonder how long it will be until most of cable TV is 4K.
    • Amazon Prime, $99 per year. ...
    • FandangoNow, $7 rental, up to $25 for purchase. ...
    • Netflix, $12 per month. ...
    • Sony Ultra, $30 for purchases. ...
    • UltraFlix, free to $10 per title. ...
    • Vudu, $10 rental, up to $25 for purchases. ...
    • YouTube, free with ads.
    • Google Play

Don't hold your breath on cable getting 4K anytime soon. Too much bandwidth that their networks can't take.
    My local Fry's sell 4K movies pretty cheap. Easy way to build up a library. There's a shit load of movies in 4K. You just have to look. You can also find 4K video on Kodi and download from certain sites as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Huh? You must have great eyesight or sit real close? Most of my TVs are 55" plus. I like a large screen. I can't take small TV's unless it's a computer monitor and even those I like to go big.

thellama
    thellama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3073

I have a 60 inch Sony I like, 2 50 inch Hisense tvs I got for 300 a piece and I like more. It connects quicky to wifi, picture is as good as the Sony... and the apps load fast.

KRIT

The reason I want cable TV to have 4K is so I can watch sports with it. I probably wouldn't even need cable TV if it weren't for sports since I already have Netflix and Amazon Prime. Someone needs to offer a sports streaming like Netflix.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Yeah right... Not everyone lives in a dinky 500 sq. foot apartment jj.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I've had a lot of success with my LG 70 inch Plasma many many many years ago. Still running good.

I'd buy an LG.

Picture to me still looks amazing.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I've had a lot of success with my LG 70 inch Plasma many many many years ago. Still running good.

I'd buy an LG.

Picture to me still looks amazing.
    I would stay away from new LG stuff. Girlfriend has had her just out of warranty LG LED Smart TV in the shop twice to replace the backlight. The store owner says they have a design flaw that causes the backlights to crap out. He sees more LG's in for repair than any other brand.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    You can get a good projector for under $1k BUT projectors are geared to media rooms where you can control the sunlight. You really don't want a projector during the daytime in a living room or den. Too much sun. You definitely should get 4K HDR. Not just 4K UHD but HDR. There's many cheap TVs out there under $1k. Where are you going to put it? How much space do you have? How far away from the TV will you be? Those questions will answer how big you should get.

Personally, the only TVs I would buy are OLED's. That means LG or Sony. Forget about Samsung's Qled's. not the same thing. Either LG or Sony OLEDs. These are the best sets on the planet. You can probably find an LG Oled 55" for about $1,300. It's worth every penny.

if you're getting a 55'' then no point in getting a QLED. But if you want a 75'' tv and don't want to spend a fortune then QLED is the way to go.

What's going to be great is samsung's real QLED tv's(current ones are not true QLED, just a marketing gimmick) are expected in 2019 and those will rival OLED. So when that happens you're going to see the current QLED 75" inch tvs drop in price big time and they are good tv's. I'm about to get one.

I didn't even care until I got a 55inch on black friday and now that it has been on the wall I can't help but feel a 75inch would look better but 75inch OLED is just irresponsible to buy right now.
    Last edited by brooks85; 01-12-18 at 11:35 AM.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

what kind of tube do I have?

you guessed it......

brooks85

imagine seeing a pussy up close on a 75'''... just reach out and grab it.. it will be like 3 feet tall

sorry rkelly, no scratch n sniff TV sets yet.

brooks85

I got two 75inch TVs now, $549 a piece at walmart. Ready for football season.

dbartinbwgc
    dbartinbwgc's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21563

We got 2 55" TCL 4k smart TV with HDR and 120 clear motion(great for sports)
    got them under $300 each with extended warranty to be safe
    Thats the best bang for the buck.
    Yes I know they are a newer brand but almost all TV screens are made by just a few companies.
    Check out the ratings on them, I cant find anything to complain on these.
    You might be able to find a lighting strike of a deal like 75" for 549 but not many stores have that available
    or they gone fast.
    55" is the smallest I would go, as for 4k you can tell a little difference but you will have it when you might need it
    in the future.

brooks85

I have a 55 inch TCL and it's solid. TCL and hisense are making waves. The 75inch I got is samsung's last years model so walmart is clearing them out. Around 6% of stores have stock left tho. If you want to know if one is by you post your zipcode.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

I have a 42" LED LG in our den area upstairs and a 55" LED LG in our downstairs family area. The 55" is a Smart TV, but we never use it, we have Amazon Fire TV boxes rather than the using the "smart" part of the TV. Somebody mentioned Hisense, it's a Japanese brand, but I've actually heard really good things about the picture quality. They're a real nice price too. Not sure how long they last, but as others have said, nothing seems to last as long as it used to. I haven't been in the market for one in a while, all I know is I'll never buy the newest stuff. It'll be half the price in a couple years.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

47 inch Samsung since 2013 - no Need for a new TV YET

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    I got two 75inch TVs now, $549 a piece at walmart. Ready for football season.
    What 75" set did you get for $549?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    I have a 55 inch TCL and it's solid. TCL and hisense are making waves. The 75inch I got is samsung's last years model so walmart is clearing them out. Around 6% of stores have stock left tho. If you want to know if one is by you post your zipcode.
    Walmart was clearancing out $1,800 Samsung tvs for $549?

What model is it?

brooks85

un75mu6300fxza

yeah, they clear them out for the new models. Most of the time they hide them in the back and employees don't even know about the price drop. Someone up by cleveland got the TV for $275... I imagine it wasn't a customer. Likely when the price dropped the manager called someone to come get it lol

brooks85

TV isn't the best but it is a great deal for $549. There is a 65'' QLED(real QLED comes next year or two) for $549. It's a better picture overall but only 1 left and it's not close enough to me.

QN65Q7FAMFXZA

brooks85

55'' LG OLED for $549 or less coming up at walmarts soon. It's a real nice TV, again low stock so only 1 left at each store.

Nitrogen
    Chasing
    Nitrogen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 401

Paid $900 (with 5 year warranty) on a 65" LG.

But by all means, wax nostalgic for the good ole days.

First 12