Capitols44
    Capitols44's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ford or Chevrolet ?

Ford or Chevrolet? What kind of car or truck you have or prefer. Im a chevy man myself.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I have a 1996 Camaro Z28(bought new) and a 2002 Mustang GT(Low miles bought last year), they both suck.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Based on nothing else but those gay Chevy commercials -- Ford.

Capitols44

I didnt know a car could be gay.

Axman3000
    Axman3000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by Capitols44 View Post
    I didnt know a car could be gay.
    It's called a Mini Cooper

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20433

Ford. They didn't beg the government for money.

bozeman
    bozeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5145

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    Ford. They didn't beg the government for money.
    ford is quite better in quality.

Chevy aveo - the shitties car on the market - Chinese not taken into account

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by bozeman View Post
    ford is quite better in quality.

Chevy aveo - the shitties car on the market - Chinese not taken into account
    The Aveo isn't sold by Chevrolet anymore. It was replaced by the Spark, which unlike the Aveo, is made by Chevrolet. The Spark is a really good car in its segment.

I've driven GM built vehicles all my life. Never have I been let down from them, and have been able to drive away from every accident I've been in.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Honestly... both sh#$ cars. But Chevy's last a little bit longer if maintained properly.

I would probably drive a Ford if you gave me 50% off the price tag.

TheMoneyShot

I'll keep preaching this until the cows come home... if you find a deal for a car around 24k... and you can lease it for around $200 - $210 a month... you're ahead of the game.

I wouldn't ever purchase a ford or chevy outright. These cars fuk up at or around the 3 year mark.

Capitols44

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I'll keep preaching this until the cows come home... if you find a deal for a car around 24k... and you can lease it for around $200 - $210 a month... you're ahead of the game.

I wouldn't ever purchase a ford or chevy outright. These cars fuk up at or around the 3 year mark.
    Mmm no. Leasing a car is never a good idea. Might as well pay good policy that pays for any breakdowns of ur car. Or just bite the bullet and $1700 for new transmission or just buy a good car for $2000.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Dodge. Have a mercedes (Daimler) built Dodge truck. Not the Fiat built shit.

Dakota, baby hemi 4.7, 235 horse 235 torque, 3.91 sure grip (posi to you chevy guys), 3/4 ton, 4 wheel drive.
    Tows 7300#'s (have towed more) Definitely blows your hair back from a standing start. Eats Fords and Chevy full
    sizes for breakfast.

OTL

Yeah right. My Trans Am is 30 years old with an all-original power train, and still runs like new. I have never had a GM vehicle break down on me, no matter how old.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Capitols44 View Post

Mmm no. Leasing a car is never a good idea. Might as well pay good policy that pays for any breakdowns of ur car. Or just bite the bullet and $1700 for new transmission or just buy a good car for $2000.
    Are you good at estimating depreciating value along with style and newer features? And factoring in a no hassle manufacturer's 3 year warranty? Also, other incentives like free oil changes? You better do some math. It's not a buyers market anymore.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    Yeah right. My Trans Am is 30 years old with an all-original power train, and still runs like new. I have never had a GM vehicle break down on me, no matter how old.
    You're in the 1-2% group. Consider yourself lucky.

Let the other 98-99% chime in.

OTL

You're in the 1-2% group. Consider yourself lucky.

Let the other 98-99% chime in.

I think I'm probably among the majority based on my experience with people I know in the real world. That rebadged Korean garbage that GM used to sell over here should not have a bearing in how the brand's quality is judged. Putting a Chevy badge on a Daiwoo doesn't make it a GM product.

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

penetrate both, DODGE

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    I think I'm probably among the majority based on my experience with people I know in the real world. That rebadged Korean garbage that GM used to sell over here should not have a bearing in how the brand's quality is judged. Putting a Chevy badge on a Daiwoo doesn't make it a GM product.
    It's hard for me to rate a vehicle built in 1987... because I never owned a brand new car that old and babied it...

I owned a 1994 Chevy Camaro V6... drive assembly rusted through... I live in Michigan.

I owned a 1996 Ford Mustang V6... had a silent recall on every mustang produced that year.... head gasket would fail... causing engine oil mixing into the coolant... and coolant into the engine. Had it replaced 3 times in 6 months... absolutely 100% free... but it was annoying. That's how Ford lost my business. Won't ever buy another Ford.

Owned a 2003 Monte Carlo SS... very nice car... duel exhaust. Very smooth vehicle... only downside... putting gas in it like crazy. Lasted me 5 years.... got an amazing deal to turn it in....

Then purchased a 2008 Z71 Suburban fully loaded. Only major repair that happened so far.... Cooling lines that go to the Automatic Transmission punctured.... small leak... got them replaced. Going to hold onto this forever.... until I feel like buying a new car or leasing.

I have a lot of friends who work in new car sales at GM dealerships... it's all about negotiating. All about patience. Never rush a deal... give yourself plenty of time to negotiate. Don't act like you need to buy a car... they are very good at reading your body language when you walk in.

A lot of people get hosed on a deal every single day. I could tell you numerous stories.