Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Just came back from one the best World War to memorials

Very touching moment..if you're against the nazi scum of course)

boneheaded1
    boneheaded1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

RR, a lot of people on here (as you know) are Americans. A good portion of us ARE Nazi scum. (And yes I hate them).

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Boner I think a lot of people here are good people.

Nazi scum are definitely is present here...but I don't think majority of americans are like that.

They are brainwashed and confused more than anything.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Gotta respect someone who is proud of their history and heritage. Russians invaded but never taken over. The war against the Nazis was the ultimate sacrifice of a nation. The Russians overcame incredible odds.
    Points Awarded:

Russian Rocket gave lakerboy 50 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

MAGNIFICENT!

Sad to see how international politics is keeping two great nations at bay, and at odds.....

Thinkin' of all the sacrifice that this memorial symbolizes, and fending off those nazi bastards and the resulting loss of life, damn near brings a tear to my eye despite being Czech, and not a Russian.....

Great stuff, RR!

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Gotta respect someone who is proud of their history and heritage. Russians invaded but never taken over. The war against the Nazis was the ultimate sacrifice of a nation. The Russians overcame incredible odds.

no doubt about that, they are as a people to be greatly admired.

however, let us not forget that they as a people also got screwed by Communism as a political system. Nazis were and are scums, no denying that fact. Stalin killed a great number of the Russian people too, and for absolutely no reason. Some historians actually believe he was responsible for more deaths than Hitler. I don't know if that is true, maybe nobody does. But certainly he was no bargain either, not by a long shot.

Auto Donk

why my Czech grandfather used to point out the reason no one was ever smiling in early photographs taken before 1940.... "times were tough, and life was hard."

Auto Donk

but, fast forward to modern times....

it's all good............

especially if anal is "your way"......

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    why my Czech grandfather used to point out the reason no one was ever smiling in early photographs taken before 1940.... "times were tough, and life was hard."

boy isn't that the truth. I often think of my grandparents too and how difficult life was. Females got up in the morning and their entire task was to clean and prepare meals. And often it was for a dozen or more people. Think about cleanup. Almost always they cooked with those heavy cast iron pieces. Cleanup alone must have been a nightmare but to those people it was simply routine. Males worked from sunup until sundown. Life was tough is an understatement.

then we have their kids who witnessed this type of life and had character and stamina. I admire them too and naturally they became the "greatest generation." god we take for granted how easy our life is compared to past generations. my god not that long ago people didn't even have indoor plumbing.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Auto Donk

Auto Donk

Some Czech relatives of mine that didn't immigrate when the writing was on the wall had their farms in the Sudetenland confiscated by the nazis and were sent to the very same camps that jewish people still bemoan even today.....

it wasn't just the jews that met their maker in those camps.....

had my great grandparents not bailed just in time, you can rest assured that some sbr members would live a more peaceful, happier life, as there'd be no Donk on the site....

well, i guess Notorious Donk would still be around, but you get the point....

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    Some Czech relatives of mine that didn't immigrate when the writing was on the wall had their farms in the Sudetenland confiscated by the nazis and were sent to the very same camps that jewish people still bemoan even today.....

it wasn't just the jews that met their maker in those camps.....

had my great grandparents not bailed just in time, you can rest assured that some sbr members would live a more peaceful, happier life, as there'd be no Donk on the site....

well, i guess Notorious Donk would still be around, but you get the point....

glad they made it out my friend. I still get teary eyed when I watch those docs and what those fckin bastards did to human beings. It is beyond belief what humans can do to humans.

I had a friend, far right wing buddy believe it or not, we were inseparable and had coffee together almost daily and talked about all types of subjects. we thought we could cure the world's evil. just joking naturally. he is now gone. so one day he says to me you know think about it, I would probably do the same thing if I was in the German army at the time. I thought wow, WTF is wrong with you. He made this comment decades ago and I have never forgot it. He was of Lithuanian descent and I thought well maybe he is rationalizing because that country fought along with the Nazi's and he has some need to somehow make it ok.

but further thought made me believe yeah probably most soldiers would have done the same thing. now if I was in the German army I would hope I would have done everything in my power to stay away from those camps. and actually some of those camp soldiers did commit suicide. so I guess some had some sort of remorse or pity. the point is I guess people are capable of the worst atrocities and after a few cold blood killings most simply think of it as a day's work. how awful to think that and even to print it but I believe that that might be the reality of the situation.

whatever is the truth those docs and the reading I have done on this subject is simply heart breaking. I have a collection of books by survivors and the stories they tell will simply rip your heart apart.

again I am so happy your people made it, and so sorry they had to endure the unendurable.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

oh sorry I reread it, they escaped just in time. even better.