BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

They make a stainless steel Sky dweller now that only goes for about 13 or 14 Grand I think now that is a very nice watch

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47418

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    They make a stainless steel Sky dweller now that only goes for about 13 or 14 Grand I think now that is a very nice watch
    I like the looks of the Submariner much better

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5940

I buy my watches at Walmart

They'll take links out for free

Then you get a rotisserie chicken and you're good to go

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I just couldn't bring myself to spend that kind of money on a watch unless it was an investment and then I'd never wear it. Though I'd never buy them, those MB&F pieces are amazing to look at it.

That was the best part about pirates of Caribbean 5 movie, the horologist jokes.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20012

Pretty soon buying a watch will be like buying a typewriter - impossible. Kids that have had a cell phone since age 7, I really don't see them as big watch-buyers as adults.

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

expensive watches are for wannabes

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectGrape View Post
    expensive watches are for wannabes
    Post a fukkin financial statement pal or shut the fukk up while the grown-ups are talking

BrickJames
    Action

The same hamburgers who talk shit about buying expensive watches are the same guys who go and spend 10 grand on some gay little ring for their wife.

turkkatarian
    turkkatarian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17507

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Watches are overrated pal save your money and just use your phone
    Bingo! Soooooo THIS! Eff overrated watches just simply use your phone.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 851

The same hamburgers who talk shit about buying expensive watches are the same guys who go and spend 10 grand on some gay little ring for their wife.
    LOL

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    i should ask those people where they got their watches from lol
    I have a few... love the watches.. hate the attention some bring

PerfectGrape

Post a fukkin financial statement pal or shut the fukk up while the grown-ups are talking
    sorry if I hurt your feelings, didn't mean to offend. i've noticed there are a lot of posers out there who act like bigshots because they buy a BMW or nice watch when they can barely afford it. there are always plenty of people out there who are richer than you. the super rich are focused on getting richer and live frugally in many ways. that is the mindset that lead them to riches in the first place. billionaire warren buffet eats mcdonalds breakfast every morning. there are some people who legitimately like watches or have the money to afford it, spend your money how you like. for most, it's just a status symbol. while you watch dorks are playing dressup with accessories, i'm stacking franklins.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

I have slummed it and ate a mess of sausage mcmuffins with cheese well after being able to afford quality food...theres something in there that gets you hooked...im over that now, but I've been there.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stevek173

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectGrape View Post
    sorry if I hurt your feelings, didn't mean to offend. i've noticed there are a lot of posers out there who act like bigshots because they buy a BMW or nice watch when they can barely afford it. there are always plenty of people out there who are richer than you. the super rich are focused on getting richer and live frugally in many ways. that is the mindset that lead them to riches in the first place. billionaire warren buffet eats mcdonalds breakfast every morning. there are some people who legitimately like watches or have the money to afford it, spend your money how you like. for most, it's just a status symbol. while you watch dorks are playing dressup with accessories, i'm stacking franklins.

Honestly I believe cheapness is a form of greed.

Warren Buffett has all that money and he won't even treat himself to a decent breakfast?

BrickJames
    Action

.....let that sink in for a second.

PerfectGrape

good point, he's an idiot for eating such shit food when he can afford a personal chef. more indicative of his bad diet. just talking shit, don't feel strongly about watches either way, think it's just dumb personally.

First 12