Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

Traeger Smokers and Grills

What is the best grill to get.

I wan't to smoke brisket, ribs, pork, wings but also be able to grill ribeye steak

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Hey Otters - The best grill to smoke Brisket, ribs, pork, chicken, salmon, shrimp, plus bake is the Pellet smokers like a traeger. They make the best...

BUT they are not good grills for steaks which are better at higher temps. You want an infrared grill or a green egg ceramic type grill for steaks. I use the traeger to smoke the steaks at room temperature first then sear it on the hotter grill.

So you really need 2 grills. Most of your meats, especially low and slow will be awesome on the pellet smokers/traegers but steaks are just okay. I mean they are still good on the Traeger's but not as good as hotter grills.

I just saw that Traeger is running sales on their grills. This is a link of where and when they do their roadshows at Costco.
    https://slickdeals.net/f/10202388-34...store-only?v=1

Otters27

Thanks Mac

Otters27

pro series 22 or bronson 20?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Hey Otters - The best grill to smoke Brisket, ribs, pork, chicken, salmon, shrimp, plus bake is the Pellet smokers like a traeger. They make the best...

BUT they are not good grills for steaks which are better at higher temps. You want an infrared grill or a green egg ceramic type grill for steaks. I use the traeger to smoke the steaks at room temperature first then sear it on the hotter grill.

So you really need 2 grills. Most of your meats, especially low and slow will be awesome on the pellet smokers/traegers but steaks are just okay. I mean they are still good on the Traeger's but not as good as hotter grills.

I just saw that Traeger is running sales on their grills. This is a link of where and when they do their roadshows at Costco.
    https://slickdeals.net/f/10202388-34...store-only?v=1
    Question.... those pellets you buy.... can you find them cheaper elsewhere? Or do you have to buy direct from Traeger?

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

I made a thread about this awhile ago and got some great feedback. I ending up going with the Weber Smokey Mountain and really like it.

There are some negative reviews about the Traegers, but who knows.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    I made a thread about this awhile ago and got some great feedback. I ending up going with the Weber Smokey Mountain and really like it.

There are some negative reviews about the Traegers, but who knows.
    Thanks Gummo
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GUMMO77