Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Started my diet today - goal of losing 50 lbs

Spent too much time in the last 2 yrs on the computer & watching games so my weight blew up despite a decent diet (no meat/no dairy/limited sugar etc). I'm about 50-60 lbs overweight - 6'2/260. Started things off with a 2 mile walk earlier & will eat nothing for the first 7 days except protein smoothies/salads/watermelon/banana's & some cereal with flax milk to keep me from going on tilt. I'll be updating this thread every day or two to show you guys how its done. I lost 30 pounds in just 7 weeks nine years ago & it wasn't that hard. Just have to get in the right mindset. Anyone who feels like adding words of encouragement - please do so - that would be cool. Anyone who feels like filling this thread with negativity - please stay out of it.

This first week I'll confine myself to long walks - short runs - and good eating. I want to start lifting weights & doing push-ups as soon as possible.

Day 1 thus far

Watermelon
    Protein smoothie with flax milk & organic berries
    3 bananas
    Points Awarded:

MadTiger gave Johnnythunder 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3212

cayenne pepper and apple cider vinegar bro

JJJ
    JJJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

good luck JT as you say everything is about having the right mindset

Johnnythunder

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    cayenne pepper and apple cider vinegar bro

Already took a drop of Dr Christopher's Hot Cayenne which is actually Habenero Pepper. The heat units are far higher than Cayenne.
    I wonder if its better for weight loss. Thanks. I have ACV here as well as my girlfriend is an absolute health nut.

Johnnythunder

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    good luck JT as you say everything is about having the right mindset
    Thanks man. I'm pumped to take care of business. Walked that 2 miles at a severe pace.

Johnnythunder

0.8 mile walk with dog
    more watermelon
    apple cider vinegar in 12 oz of water

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12952

Good luck sir.

Johnnythunder

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Good luck sir.
    Thanks, man. I appreciate it. Please keep an eye on the thread.

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Positive energy thread. Cool

good way to start the day

thx

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

You said you had a decent diet but then go on to say you had no meat. Does not compute bro.

Eat lean meat instead of the protein smoothies, will fill you up better and keep you satiated. GL.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Get the flu. Had it for 3 weeks lost 20lbs. Lost 8 more just getting back into my normal march To October work sched. Good luck with things

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

you have to be very disciplined.....

stevebets90
    stevebets90's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Snack on brazil nuts and make sure to stay away from other nuts that have higher fats. What really helped me lose weight for a prop bet was doing intermittent fasting and high intensity training workouts. Sprints and other exercises that require quick, fast bursts of energy. That will help you burn calories continuously throughout the day even after your workout is over. Then the obvious which is consume a lot of green vegetables. Apple cider vinegar mixed with cayenne pepper is great like you mentioned. Squeeze in some lemon juice as well which helps jump start your metabolism. What was recommended to me before starting my weight loss journey was to erase all the crap I was eating out of my body. To do this you want to look into a probiotics and eating fermented foods to improve gut health. Also do a google search on colon cleanse recipe. There are some potent concoctions of natural ingredients that you drink to reset your system and flush out everything. Best of luck!

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Good luck, man. Do you drink? liquor not beer? I keep reading that you have to cut liquor out of a diet but hell, I quit drinking for 3 months and didnt lose a pound. Started it back up on the weekends and didnt gain a pound either. Anyone else ever notice this?

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

do plenty of pullups:

and I can spend all day on a treadmill if I have this view of the treadmill in front of me:

you can always drop by and see waves at his place of employment, and lose another 2-3 ounces of weight from your nads.....

or, you could say "fuk it," and get you a bitch like this, such that a few extra pounds is hardly even noticable......

Johnnythunder

Quote Originally Posted by stevebets90 View Post
    Snack on brazil nuts and make sure to stay away from other nuts that have higher fats. What really helped me lose weight for a prop bet was doing intermittent fasting and high intensity training workouts. Sprints and other exercises that require quick, fast bursts of energy. That will help you burn calories continuously throughout the day even after your workout is over. Then the obvious which is consume a lot of green vegetables. Apple cider vinegar mixed with cayenne pepper is great like you mentioned. Squeeze in some lemon juice as well which helps jump start your metabolism. What was recommended to me before starting my weight loss journey was to erase all the crap I was eating out of my body. To do this you want to look into a probiotics and eating fermented foods to improve gut health. Also do a google search on colon cleanse recipe. There are some potent concoctions of natural ingredients that you drink to reset your system and flush out everything. Best of luck!

Thanks Steve - great advice. I did a few 30 yard sprints last night. I will add the lemon. She has some organic kraut here & Garden of Life probiotics. Can you tell me more about the fasting. Hear it mentioned all the time in youtube videos. I need to drink Green Tea as well.
    Took a selenium supplement today but need to get quality Brazil Nuts, Spirulina, Chlorella & Hemp Powder. Will be eating lentils tonight & lots of watermelon.

Johnnythunder

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    You said you had a decent diet but then go on to say you had no meat. Does not compute bro.

Eat lean meat instead of the protein smoothies, will fill you up better and keep you satiated. GL.
    Bro - people wont be eating meat 30 years from now. There are so many better options. It reeks havoc on the body (inflammation/heart/cancer) & the environment/nature. Factory farming is probably the worst thing going on in this world. Hundreds of high-quality protein foods that don't rot/decompose & ferment in your colon. I haven't seen a dr in 17 years because I don't eat meat/dairy & I NEVER feel sick enough to keep me home/puke etc. Most "flu's" are food poisoning from meat. I used to get sick at least 1-2 times a year when I ate meat. I have not been bed-ridden since & have only vomited once. That was on a day when I decided to eat cheese at a party.
    I'm fat because I'm lazy & eat far too much of the good stuff. Not because I abstain from meat.

Gorillas, Oxen & many of the most powerful animals don't eat meat - they don't have any issues building muscle. Neither do I. Hemp, Spirulina, Quinoa, Non-Gmo mock meats, Beans/Legumes, Fish, Tempeh, Chia & many other seeds, Almond, Peanut & Sunflower butter - all packed with protein. I eat all that stuff & dozens of others that are "high protein" foods. If I were to eat Greek Yogurt/Whey Yogurt it would even easier as I could take in 100+ grams of protein with one container.
    Last edited by Johnnythunder; 05-16-17 at 10:09 AM.

Johnnythunder

Quote Originally Posted by bradthebloke View Post
    Good luck, man. Do you drink? liquor not beer? I keep reading that you have to cut liquor out of a diet but hell, I quit drinking for 3 months and didnt lose a pound. Started it back up on the weekends and didnt gain a pound either. Anyone else ever notice this?
    Thanks Brad. Teetotaler here. Never drink. I'm fat because of over-eating my girlfriends awesome cooking & laziness.

Johnnythunder

[QUOTE=PittsburghPlayer;26965536]Positive energy thread. Cool

Thanks Pitt. Follow the thread. I'm going to lose 60 lbs.

Johnnythunder

Edamame beans this morning. Bowl of health cereal with flax. Vitamin C 500 ** (Garden of Life). 1 drop of Cayenne & ACV with 16 oz water.
    Watermelon & my girlfriend will make me mushroom soup & lentils when she gets home from work.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47418

gl Johnny

it seems like you are going a bit maniacal and extreme..is this diet sustainable? Don't deprive yourself or you will fall off the wagon eventually..

Johnnythunder

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    gl Johnny

it seems like you are going a bit maniacal and extreme..is this diet sustainable? Don't deprive yourself or you will fall off the wagon eventually..

Got you Jake. Just going extreme for the first week to knock off a quick 5-10 lbs. You're 100 percent right. I did this once for about 10 days & then I was tearing Oreo cookies open with my teeth at 2 AM Going to add a lot of soups (Lentil/Split Pea/Mushroom) which should get me through the first week. Going to get some avocados & Salmon as well by the weekend.

Johnnythunder

Just ate 3 banana's & some Brewers Yeast. Took 8 drops of 1100 PPM (high dose) Collodial Silver as well. Some claim this helps with weight loss & I know it cleans up infections/parasites etc in animals & humans. Will do some fly's & farmers carry with 30 lb dumb bells in a few.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Dieting sucks. Just a long grind.

There's 2 ways to diet... and losing weight. My advice....

1. Extremely low fat foods and making the calorie number as low as possible per day. Everyone wants to see quick results... there's time in which I've dropped 4 lbs in one workout... mostly water weight. But just like JP21 just said... the side effect is you'll feel like sh#$. Usually around the 3rd workout because there's just no extra calories that your body needs... you get the headaches... and sugar cravings.

If you can throw in some great cardio... typically heart rate 140+ for 30 minutes... you'll see results every workout. Again... just like JP21 said... you'll feel like sh#$. Hopefully you can fight through it.

2. Health experts recommend that the human body should only lose around 1 lb of weight per week... on a healthy diet. Again, who in the hell wants to wait to see results? Exactly. But, there is something interesting about this... let me explain.

A. Get a measuring tape and measure your waist. Also, weigh yourself that day. Keep a log. Also, add that 30 minute cardio session to your weight lifting. If the weight stays the same... but you start dropping 1/8 inch here and there... that means you're gaining muscle... and eating the proper calories. This is another way for weight loss.

B. You may only drop around 1/8 inch to a 1/4 of an inch a week off your waist on an extensive workout plan. Again, some people aren't satisfied with this... they want to see MORE RESULTS. But to me... you need to keep on chipping away at it. Chip chip chip.

People want things FAST. I get it. We all get it. But, don't be disappointed if you come to a point when you're weighing yourself... and the weight is the same. If you measure your waist and dropping inches... your diet is still working.

But, if you measure your waist and it's increasing... you're taking in too many carbs and/or fat grams.

Best of luck! Don't give up!

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47418

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnythunder View Post
    Got you Jake. Just going extreme for the first week to knock off a quick 5-10 lbs. You're 100 percent right. I did this once for about 10 days & then I was tearing Oreo cookies open with my teeth at 2 AM Going to add a lot of soups (Lentil/Split Pea/Mushroom) which should get me through the first week. Going to get some avocados & Salmon as well by the weekend.

Johnnythunder

[QUOTE=TheMoneyShot;26965839]Dieting sucks. Just a long grind.

There's 2 ways to diet... and losing weight. My advice....

Thanks Money. I tend to lose fast & gain fast. When I lost 30 lbs - 9 yrs ago - I would walk 1.2 miles to the gym, lift & do more cardio & then walk back to cool off. I would do that 4x per week. I think the 2.4 extra miles each trip was of huge benefit. I've been successful on these diets a few times already but over the years tend to put back on the weight. This time I'm a heavier than I ever have been so it will keep chipping until I hit the 200 mark. May take me the rest of the year but mentally I'm getting prepared to do it.

Johnnythunder

Meal - large salad with sesame seeds, olives, chopped carrot, 2 Tofurkey strips & red vinegar dressing. Raspberry tea & Turmeric/Carrot drink. Quinoa Soup later & a protein smoothie.

Johnnythunder

Walked an additional 2.3 miles since the morning walk...smooth sailing so far.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Creature 2.0

You gonna pay Opie his points back??????

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11691

Good luck Johnny. Keep it up.

Johnnythunder

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Good luck Johnny. Keep it up.
    Thanks Foxx. I will.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

dont limit meals to 2-3 a day itll only make your body store more fat..
    eat 5 smaller meals and boost your metabolism so youre shedding fat , think of it as feeding a fire with wood you need to keep it burning

5 smaller meals , 3 hours apart and a protein shake after the gym or working out with 0 carbs in it , small meals as in 400-650 calorie portions and try to not eat breads, a ton of cheese ... More meats,lean chicken and veggies

also try getting into HIIT cardio training itll save you a bunch of time and works great... example go on the treadmill or any cardio machine eliptical, bike ... do 2 minutes slow or a walking pace then for 20-30 seconds go at a running/sprinting speed , keep doing those intervals for 10 minutes instead of doing 40 mins of cardio at one speed just walking.... add time on recovery 2 minute stage or take off time from sprinting / intense stage if needed but strive to get better every few weeks

goodluck on the journey

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Add water to everything ... if you get teas, or juices, whatever ... just add a bit of water, cuts the sugars and calories and you can mainly keep taste as long as not to diluted ..

whites to a minimum .. bread, rice, pasta, potatoes and so fourth

keep up your cardio ...

on another thought

didn't think about the gorillas .. interesting, have been getting good proteins in stuff like what you've listed. Salmon, tuna, shrimp, good ones ... and veggies you like, i marinate squash, cook them, good snack ... lot of spinach, fills you..

im not as enthused as you are anymore... but i do the advice im giving you... on top of gym 4x a week for a hour or so... with cardio, walk some days and jog some others... but results have been good, effort shows..

hope you well on your diet

Johnnythunder

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    Add water to everything ... if you get teas, or juices, whatever ... just add a bit of water, cuts the sugars and calories and you can mainly keep taste as long as not to diluted ..

whites to a minimum .. bread, rice, pasta, potatoes and so fourth

keep up your cardio ...

on another thought

didn't think about the gorillas .. interesting, have been getting good proteins in stuff like what you've listed. Salmon, tuna, shrimp, good ones ... and veggies you like, i marinate squash, cook them, good snack ... lot of spinach, fills you..

im not as enthused as you are anymore... but i do the advice im giving you... on top of gym 4x a week for a hour or so... with cardio, walk some days and jog some others... but results have been good, effort shows..

hope you well on your diet
    Great post Brainfreeze & I appreciate you recognizing the gorilla comment. Vegetarianism is a huge thing for me & I'm so much better of for it. My girl is a health-freak in the best sense so there are never whites in the home. She's not into most grains either - says they're like glue in your system. She makes pasta out of Quinoa & sometimes Amaranth. We love spinach pasta. The problem is I eat 3x what she does because she's such an amazing cook & that's why I've blown up. The vegan deserts she makes (Cheesecake, pies, cookies, apple turnovers, Chocolate/butter crunchy things) are the best I've ever had without the let down from sugar. Again, I eat these things in vast proportion. Cutting down to normal portions & this thread is getting me more motivated than I already was.

Johnnythunder

Thanks man. We live on a golf-course with large grassy hills so I'm going to run some inclined sprints up those beasts until I'm begging for air. I ran a sub 5 minute mile when I 18 & the workout that got me in the best shape was a combo of running stadium steps at the football field & then running the football field by increasing speed for each 10 yards until I was into a full sprint from the 50 to the end zone. A short walk to the back on the endzone & then to the front & I repeated the process. Now those days were intense & my body fat was well under 10 percent. Regarding the meat/cheese. No need for it. I was running 50 miles per week & able to bench nearly 300 lbs while vegan (at my height). I would eat a large carton of Vanilla/Whey Yogurt....Shakes with Hemp. Spirulina. Hemp...nut butters...eggs...Brazil & Walnuts...Mock Meats (20+ gms of protein per burger) etc. I was easily exceeding 200 gms of protein per day (far too much) without any meat/chicken/fish...& just a few non-vegan foods.

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    dont limit meals to 2-3 a day itll only make your body store more fat..
    eat 5 smaller meals and boost your metabolism so youre shedding fat , think of it as feeding a fire with wood you need to keep it burning

5 smaller meals , 3 hours apart and a protein shake after the gym or working out with 0 carbs in it , small meals as in 400-650 calorie portions and try to not eat breads, a ton of cheese ... More meats,lean chicken and veggies

also try getting into HIIT cardio training itll save you a bunch of time and works great... example go on the treadmill or any cardio machine eliptical, bike ... do 2 minutes slow or a walking pace then for 20-30 seconds go at a running/sprinting speed , keep doing those intervals for 10 minutes instead of doing 40 mins of cardio at one speed just walking.... add time on recovery 2 minute stage or take off time from sprinting / intense stage if needed but strive to get better every few weeks

goodluck on the journey

123 Last