Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Farmers carry aka walk. I got strong as hell doing this for a months (9 years ago). Started it again today with only 30 LB weights. Check it out.

Johnnythunder

A veg/vegan bodybuilder showing how he gets 150 g's of protein in one day. I used to easily get 150+ on a veg diet until I realized it was too much. One of the questions I get the most when I tell people I'm vegan (I do eat fish, feta cheese sometimes so not a true vegan) is where do you get your protein. It's the easiest part of living this way.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnythunder View Post

Farmers carry aka walk. I got strong as hell doing this for a months (9 years ago). Started it again today with only 30 LB weights. Check it out.
    Farmers carries are the real deal, build up your traps, forearms and grip strength like nothing else

The Kraken

Thats not the way things work. You dont get to decide if it's okay to kill another being just because media drones & the meat/dairy industry have brainwashed you into thinking it's your choice. You're saying that murder is a personal decision. It may be - but its a wrong decision.

"The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has classified processed meat as a carcinogen, something that causes cancer. And it has classified red meat as a probable carcinogen, something that probably causes cancer. IARC is the cancer agency of the World Health Organization. Processed meat includes hot dogs, ham, bacon, sausage, and some deli meats. It refers to meat that has been treated in some way to preserve or flavor it. Processes include salting, curing, fermenting, and smoking. Red meat includes beef, pork, lamb, and goat."
    I disagree.

But you have a good thread and I've derailed it enough.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    I graduated high school at 155 and weighed 205 within a year, single bf%. We lifted hard, lifted a lot and ate like Africans at a cookout after our workouts. It was nothing to put down a 1lb burger, large fry and large milk shake after a workout. Throw in a protein shake as well. Then we'd be hungry 2-3 hours later. 10-12 eggs in the am, sick shit but we did it every day.

On leg leg days I'd lift so hard I can't tell you how many times I fell down stairs trying to walk down them. Legs just gave out.

Those were the days it all came easy though
    I agree. There are some people I run into that say hey... I just want to add 5 lbs solid to my frame... and I can't seem to gain.

They say they eat like horses... but come to find out... they don't eat that much at all.

The only advice I can say to that is... pick a food that you do enjoy.... that you can eat non-stop and let's hope it's not too fattening.

Like take Dwayne Johnson for instance... yes we know he's on roids. But people want to know what he eats. I'm 100% sure he eats Cod every single day. It's expensive for premium pieces... a lot of people can't afford it on a daily basis... that's his prime protein intake.

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

THIS is without a doubt the safest, most effective way to lose weight...

stem fast
    unknown

a result of crack addiction where the user neglects food and becomes very thin
    (like slim fast, only with a crack stem)

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9822

Is the goal to lift heavy weight for shorter distances or go longer distances? Ie better to carry 80lbs for 1/4 mile or 40lbs for 1/2 mile.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Is the goal to lift heavy weight for shorter distances or go longer distances? Ie better to carry 80lbs for 1/4 mile or 40lbs for 1/2 mile.
    Neither one will help you.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Last 2 days eating well but portions have been a little bigger than I wanted & haven't been able to work out but will play tennis & lift weights this weekend.

"Meat isn't bad, the American diet is bad along with a lot of methods used in raising livestock. Eating red meat everyday or even most days is bad."

Your last 3 points are correct but eating meat is very bad. It's bad for your health, for the environment, for the animals that are killed. It's the epitome of "bad". This is coming from a conservative not a liberal weasel.
    I could never kill any animal except in self defense. I think animals should be treated humanely. The only reason these animals exist is for human needs. Cows are breed for meat, dairy and leather. If they weren't they would be totally extinct. Who would raise them otherwise??? Same thing for pigs and chickens etc.....
    So is it better for these animals to live for awhile and be treated humanely or never live at all??? Cattle dont make great pets. They are on this earth for one reason only.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    I see guys do all sorts of weird routines at the gym... to each their own... but I don't see the value in this.

You're better off studying the variety of different muscle groups.... and do simple weight lifting routines.

But to answer your question.... I believe the 80 lbs for 1/4 mile would be strength. And the 40 lbs for 1/2 mile focuses on endurance.

TheMoneyShot

Mr. Thunder's thread got me inspired again.... I just started my tuna diet on Friday. I'm going to see how long I can do this without puking. So far... I've devoured approximately 10.31 lbs of Tuna (water may be included not 100% sure.)

It's a pain in the ass... but you gotta keep pushing.

TheMoneyShot

Don't be shy guy.... pile it high

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

A veg/vegan bodybuilder showing how he gets 150 g's of protein in one day. I used to easily get 150+ on a veg diet until I realized it was too much. One of the questions I get the most when I tell people I'm vegan (I do eat fish, feta cheese sometimes so not a true vegan) is where do you get your protein. It's the easiest part of living this way.
    Feta, peso, and fresh tomatoes make for a good pizza. i think this is as far as i can go when it comes to being a vegetarian.. i like meat to much and dairy, chicken.. grilled, and occasional steak .. and like money plenty of tuna and salmon .

Hope your diet is going well though, how's the walk/jogs and weight lifting going?

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

Don't be shy guy.... pile it high

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24681

I'm confused... OP you said that you don't consume meat, dairy, or alcohol but are 50 lbs or so overweight? How exactly? Those are a few of the biggest culprits in the American diet. You must have been eating A LOT of bad carbs to offset your exclusion of the aforementioned.

You said that eating your girlfriend's cooking was a major reason why you gained so much weight but you also mentioned that she is an "absolute health nut..." I reckon then that she was cooking healthy meals for the both of you, correct?

Also, how old are you?

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Fast twitch fibre

I am an expert on nutrition and gym

I can give you full program for $10

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1158

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Fast twitch fibre

I am an expert on nutrition and gym

I can give you full program for $10

stackz125

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    I'm confused... OP you said that you don't consume meat, dairy, or alcohol but are 50 lbs or so overweight? How exactly? Those are a few of the biggest culprits in the American diet. You must have been eating A LOT of bad carbs to offset your exclusion of the aforementioned.

You said that eating your girlfriend's cooking was a major reason why you gained so much weight but you also mentioned that she is an "absolute health nut..." I reckon then that she was cooking healthy meals for the both of you, correct?

Also, how old are you?
    He said that all he did was sit and not move.
    Doesn't matter how healthy you unless you don't move you will gain weight.... unless he ate was raw veggies...

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

/r/keto

We're done here

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

Buy a box of primatene and take 2 day

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill365 View Post
    Buy a box of primatene and take 2 day
    And make sure you buy some ovaltine as well.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by stackz125 View Post
    He said that all he did was sit and not move.
    Doesn't matter how healthy you unless you don't move you will gain weight.... unless he ate was raw veggies...
    Right, but I thought maybe that was more figurative than literal, as if to mean that he wasn't exercising as much as he should, not literally as stagnant as a houseplant. But even given a sedentary lifestyle, it would be somewhat surprising to see someone 50+ pounds overweight who abstained from meat, dairy, sugar, and alcohol...

I mean what was a typical meal at that point if it wasn't healthy grains with fruits & veggies? If someone is dedicated enough to eliminate many of those classic cravings he did, why would you let potato chips and pasta be your downfall?

Plus, what was his health nut girlfriend doing while he was inhaling white bread by the loaves? Couldn't she have slapped the ladle out of his hand once or twice when he was gorging on gravy straight outta the saucepan? Maybe even put him on a leash and walk him around the block instead of leaving the house in her yoga pants and cross-trainers while his fluffy ass melded into the Lay-Z-Boy recliner?

What kind of health nut girlfriend allows her significant other to balloon into the Michelin Man while she's getting gassed on the stairclimber at Planet Fitness?

These are all valid questions and demand valid answers as I further my investigation.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Eddy very astute observation

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Eddy very astute observation
    OP has apparently left the building. He doesn't even want to show face now that his fictitious little fitness diary has been exposed. Get this buffoon on the witness stand so I can grill him some more.

Word around town was that he was planning on ending this thread triumphantly, proclaiming to have shed 50+ pounds using some supplement that he was secretly pushing, and then reap the financial rewards of the ensuing kickback.

Fraud alert!!!

Fraud alert!!!

We may have to ban a mofo!

Johnnythunder

Had something come up & could not post for a few weeks. Have been off the diet but will be posting in this thread again shortly.

Johnnythunder

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    I could never kill any animal except in self defense. I think animals should be treated humanely. The only reason these animals exist is for human needs. Cows are breed for meat, dairy and leather. If they weren't they would be totally extinct. Who would raise them otherwise??? Same thing for pigs and chickens etc.....
    So is it better for these animals to live for awhile and be treated humanely or never live at all??? Cattle dont make great pets. They are on this earth for one reason only.
    That statement is so patently absurb - you must have been educated in the Southern US - and/or you're "slow"?

Johnnythunder

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    OP has apparently left the building. He doesn't even want to show face now that his fictitious little fitness diary has been exposed. Get this buffoon on the witness stand so I can grill him some more.

Word around town was that he was planning on ending this thread triumphantly, proclaiming to have shed 50+ pounds using some supplement that he was secretly pushing, and then reap the financial rewards of the ensuing kickback.

Fraud alert!!!

Fraud alert!!!

We may have to ban a mofo!

Not pitching anything...no fraud...just had something to deal with. Sorry about going awol everyone.

Johnnythunder

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    Feta, peso, and fresh tomatoes make for a good pizza. i think this is as far as i can go when it comes to being a vegetarian.. i like meat to much and dairy, chicken.. grilled, and occasional steak .. and like money plenty of tuna and salmon .

Hope your diet is going well though, how's the walk/jogs and weight lifting going?
    Thanks Brainfreeze. Had something come up so had to take off a few weeks. Back on the diet today.
    Would like you to watch a video on youtube & tell me what you think.

The Kraken

Had something come up & could not post for a few weeks. Have been off the diet but will be posting in this thread again shortly.
    Not pitching anything...no fraud...just had something to deal with. Sorry about going awol everyone.
    Thanks Brainfreeze. Had something come up so had to take off a few weeks. Back on the diet today.
    Would like you to watch a video on youtube & tell me what you think.
    Completely ignores Eddys valid questions eddy holding his feet to the fire and johnny not liking the heat

Also, I haven't seen you post in a few weeks Johnny, you been around or what?

stackz125

Hello... any new tips as I'm on the verge of a diet myself

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

I started a "weight loss program" about the same time as OP; I eat pretty much the same food but smaller portions and I've avoided snacking at night. And added walking/jogging 5-6 times a week. Went from 205 lbs to 190 lbs.

It doesn't take a fancy diet with weird dietary regiments to drop weight. You have to be willing to put in the work. Willpower. If it makes you miserable to diet and you're not at a health risk then don't do it. Life's too short.

First 123