captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10650

Tip Or No Tip

I always tip normally 20% . I am talking about a sit down restaurant where server makes like $2-$4 an hour and depends on tips to make a living. My opinion is if you are one of those a-holes that says "Well they chose their profession and i do not have to tip " then you are a low life cheap pos. You can go to Mcdonalds then.

I read on aol a waitress served a table and the bill was almost $200 and they left a big 0 in the tip section. People like that always piss me off.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

I always tip also, and usually 20% -30%, honestly I dont really want to. Its the restaurants who stiff the employees pay, the notion of throwing guilt onto the buyer is utterly shameful. They obviously mastered this a long time ago and somehow got away with it. Another thing I dont like is how pizza parlors many years back added the delivery fee and then said this is not considered a delivery tip. In restaraunts, I tip more usually the more the waiter stays out of my face, if Im not trying to get your attention when youre close by no need to ask me 20 times during my meal if I need anything.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10650

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I always tip also, and usually 20% -30%, honestly I dont really want to. Its the restaurants who stiff the employees pay, the notion of throwing guilt onto the buyer is utterly shameful. They obviously mastered this a long time ago and somehow got away with it. Another thing I dont like is how pizza parlors many years back added the delivery fee and then said this is not considered a delivery tip. In restaraunts, I tip more usually the more the waiter stays out of my face, if Im not trying to get your attention when youre close by no need to ask me 20 times during my meal if I need anything.
    Now see your response is exactly how a normal decent person should react. Of course we may not want to but do not want top screw another human being out of making a living. I always do 20% and yes i see what you say about a pizza guy especially if there is a delivery charge but i still tip him anyways. It is not the servers fault the restaurant does not pay more i wish they would i would rather pay higher food prices then not tip at all but unfortunately it does not work like that here in the US.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3537

Food delivery fees are necessary because of the added cost to the restaurant of the delivery packaging materials, plastic utensils, condiments, napkins, etc.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

the absolute worst are the pari-mutuel clerks at the race track. they don't do a thing to deserve a tip unless they sell you a quik pic. buy all my tickets from sam machines. when it comes to cashing out you have to go to live teller who has done nothing but cash my ticket. leave change sometimes. could never figure why they expect a tip.