Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 809

Flying terrifies me...

Would rather walk through Harlem or St Louis at 2 AM with an "I love Trump" sign than board one of those death machines. I'm aware of the safety stats of US planes but feel it would be among the worst ways to go down as you dont have a fighting chance.

3-1LeadBlown
    3-1LeadBlown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeap you dont have a chance if it does fall out of the sky and nose dives but 68% of Aviation accidents the person survives. Also since the last commercial airline disaster in the US. 28 million airlines have taken off and landed safely. For example.

In the US toasters kill 700 a year
    Vending machine 67
    Commerical aviation 0

Chance of being of dying in a commerical aviation accident 12.64 million to one.

When you think that the average person only lives 26,000 days in there life.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10542

I used to love to fly. Being shot back in your seat and watching those in front of you 10 feet higher than you
    during takeoff. Always requested a window seat. Loved looking out the window.

Don't want to be in long lines now, being frisked and have my shit gone through. I'd rather drive.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

just make sure this guy "isn't behind the wheel".....

'''''

otherwise, it'll probably end like this:

'''

or this:

or perhaps even this:

rkelly110

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    just make sure this guy "isn't behind the wheel".....

'''''

otherwise, it'll probably end like this:

'''

or this:

or perhaps even this:

Johnny will never fly now!

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Johnny will never fly now!
    he'll probably be a tad bit nervous about driving on bridges for a while now, too.....

i love the way that car casually changes lanes as the jet comes soaring into view.....

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16073

I love these threads.....more likely to get hit by a bus than die on a plane. Scared motherfukkers. Been on planes two to three times a week for 24 years and monthly since I was 3.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

I used to love to fly. Being shot back in your seat and watching those in front of you 10 feet higher than you
    during takeoff. Always requested a window seat. Loved looking out the window.

Don't want to be in long lines now, being frisked and have my shit gone through. I'd rather drive.
    Jesus Christ Kelly...when is the last time you flew? And is your name Mohammed?? Haven't been frisked and/or waited in a long line in 20+ years....

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

YouTube Air Crash Investigations. That should get you over your fears real quick.
    Conversely, you don't have much hope if a semi hits you head-on when you're driving, with dying in an airplane less likely to happen than that scenario.

Also, I believe this is the last major air accident in North America https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colgan_Air_Flight_3407 . It was due to moronic pilots, so you should rest assure that they won't be flying your plane anytime soon.
    Last edited by xKMACKx; 02-22-17 at 08:01 PM.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Look at statistics. It's safe as hell.

Download a radar app. There are thousands of planes in the sky at all times. When was the last commercial airliner crash in the USA where someone died?

See my point.

I love flying. I can see how it's scary for some but after a while you become used to it.

rkelly110

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Jesus Christ Kelly...when is the last time you flew? And is your name Mohammed?? Haven't been frisked and/or waited in a long line in 20+ years....
    1984 You could still smoke on a plane back then. No Arab, seen enough news and heard if from Donk
    when he came back from DR.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

1984 You could still smoke on a plane back then. No Arab, seen enough news and heard if from Donk

Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 809

Quote Originally Posted by xKMACKx View Post
    YouTube Air Crash Investigations. That should get you over your fears real quick.
    Conversely, you don't have much hope if a semi hits you head-on when you're driving, with dying in an airplane less likely to happen than that scenario.

Also, I believe this is the last major air accident in North America https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colgan_Air_Flight_3407 . It was due to moronic pilots, so you should rest assure that they won't be flying your plane anytime soon.

I've watched a lot of those & the "Seconds from Disaster" plane crash episodes. Scared the crap out of me but very fascinating.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

You haven't lived until you've hit really bad turbulence where you think "this could be it."

I don't like flying either but no other way to travel the world.

IAG
    No good deed goes unpunished
    IAG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnythunder View Post
    Would rather walk through Harlem or St Louis at 2 AM with an "I love Trump" sign than board one of those death machines. I'm aware of the safety stats of US planes but feel it would be among the worst ways to go down as you dont have a fighting chance.

I was was on a flight back from Cabo last year..sitting peacefully in seat when all this commotion from 4-5 rows back going on...people were rushing up from the back...no one knew what was going on...flight attendants looked harried. Plane momentarily slightly nosedived.. I had no idea what was going on. but really thought for a minute I might die.

They started paging overhead asking if there was a doctor on the flight. Turn out a diabetic woman had fallen into a coma, and it looked grim there for a while. Luckily there was a doctor on the flight, and they were able to give her insulin, or sugar, or whatever is needed in those situations. She ended up being ok.

Obviously this has nothing to do with the safety of plans per se, but it gave me a glimpse into how someone would feel if they thought they were going to die in a plane crash. I suppose in the case of engine failure or something, at least you have a little time to prepare, make peace with God, and say goodbye to people. I'm not sure how much time you would have, but I think I like the idea of that better than instant death in an automobile crash. Then again, there's a lot to be said for that.

Hate turbulence...not because it scares me in terms of safety, but because I get pretty motion sick.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I'm terrified of heights, but love flying. Plus, it's a quick death usually. I'd just run for a drink quick. I guess I'm more afraid of falling from heights. I can drive across a bridge, but walk across then hell no. Can't even handle the little 10 second walk across a small bridge here with fences.

May have something to do with my Dad pulling a MJ, and holding me over like a canyon rail type shit as like a 3 year old. Terrified of escalators. Thanks, the nightmares are back tonight.

Auto Donk

my wife is still givin me shit about that guy announcing out to everyone in earshot "I am now going to touch your genitals, but only with the backs of my hands!!!!!!"

rkelly110

my wife is still givin me shit about that guy announcing out to everyone in earshot "I am now going to touch your genitals, but only with the backs of my hands!!!!!!"

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

I made the error of admitting I had a metal rod in my leg leaving NY and so was pulled aside to be given the personal treatment.

Said to the guy so do you have to feel me up now?

He says "No. And try not to look so disappointed".

That shut me up.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47440

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I made the error of admitting I had a metal rod in my leg leaving NY and so was pulled aside to be given the personal treatment.

Said to the guy so do you have to feel me up now?

He says "No. And try not to look so disappointed".

That shut me up.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

I dont flying either bro, I know many are that way they just dont admit it.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

this never gets old

if you do go down you don't want to be that guy screaming like a bitch