TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1404

Are you an organ donor?

Why or why not?

I thought it was a no brainer thing to be one and just would always check yes. If I was dying and someone else could use them then why not get a little god karma and save others on your way out? One of my friends isn't and thinks theres a conspiracy where they wouldnt give you as good medical attention or something along those lines bc you would save more lives dead

retard
    retard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

NO. to many horrible hospital experiences. I don't trust them to make any kind of determination what so ever.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

First off, nobody pre-hospital or emergency room would even know. Organ donation almost always begins in the ICU. Having been a CVICU rn for years, I can unequivocally state your friend is wrong. There are clear guidelines that must be met to begin the process or conversation.

And yes, Im a donor.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zizoudane10

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Yes, of course a donor.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18821

I am an organ donor. I became an organ donor when I saw what became of Walter Payton.

strikegoldsgs
    strikegoldsgs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Grandmother was/is a surgeon and she told me explicitly to not be an organ donor as during the case of traumatic accidents they are more likely to let you die and harvest your organs (100% serious)

TiredPro
    TiredPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

I am a living donor. Gave my father a kidney in 2002. Gave him almost 10 more years of life. It changed my life. Don't be afraid to donate your organs. You can make a difference in someone's life.
    Points Awarded:

BennyBigNuts gave TiredPro 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Yes. Most of my organs are shot though. Still, if I can help in any way then why the hell not. My eyes are good. Maybe one kidney is decent. No reason not to be. Though, I didn't read the conspiracy stuff. I'll probably be calling 911 before I blow my brains out so they can harvest everything anyway. Would they still be good? I always wondered how long they last.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by TiredPro View Post
    I am a living donor. Gave my father a kidney in 2002. Gave him almost 10 more years of life. It changed my life. Don't be afraid to donate your organs. You can make a difference in someone's life.
    Good stuff, man. Sorry to hear about your loss, but glad you had 10 more years with him.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20145

Can't. Leukemia.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Yes, don't see why not. Recently signed up for Be The Match for bone marrow donation. That shit can do miracles for the right person.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10542

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Yes. Most of my organs are shot though. Still, if I can help in any way then why the hell not. My eyes are good. Maybe one kidney is decent. No reason not to be. Though, I didn't read the conspiracy stuff. I'll probably be calling 911 before I blow my brains out so they can harvest everything anyway. Would they still be good? I always wondered how long they last.
    Before you do that, let me know, so I can KICK YOUR ASS! (then we can harvest your organs)

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Before you do that, let me know, so I can KICK YOUR ASS! (then we can harvest your organs)
    You would be lucky to not have them checking if you're an organ donor.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by strikegoldsgs View Post
    Grandmother was/is a surgeon and she told me explicitly to not be an organ donor as during the case of traumatic accidents they are more likely to let you die and harvest your organs (100% serious)
    Sorry, simply not true these days. I cant speak about when your grandmother practiced, that may have been the norm.

But now we have ethics committees that oversee organ donor programs. It is not up to the surgeon during surgery to decide whether a pt is a viable candidate to be a donor, there are guidelines. And honestly, 99% of surgeons have zero clue whether a patient is a donor, especially in traumas. Its not like they roll in the ER or OR with their drivers license just sitting on their chest. Pplus no surgeon would simply let a patient die, nurses, scrub techs, OR circulators, anesthesiologists are in the room as well. One would have a conscious
    That doctor would be turned in, sued and arrested after one case of practicing that way.

So have no worries, its simply not reality, these days at least.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

I gave my family instructions to donate my organs but I will not register. I don't want the hospital to let me die. I'll keep them in the dark so they don't try any sneaky shit.

i know I'm taking a chance by not registering that if I die without any family there then my organs wouldn't be used. But that's a chance I'm willing to live/die with.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by strikegoldsgs View Post

Auto Donk

Cuse0323

What the fck, Donker? Damn, I'm trying to choke down booze. I guess I shouldn't have checked this thread. Is that a real damn picture? It can't be, looks too fake.

Auto Donk

she's dead

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

yeap..once i dont need them let someone else ..although my liver is probably shit

Auto Donk

buying my liver on the grey market for organs would be the equivalent of buying wave's 82 ford tauras parked out front of his shithole in new jersey......

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28781

Yes. But surely did way too much damage from smokes, xans, pills ect

maybe they will find something of use

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

only part worth anything is my rooster

5mike5