iceman02
    iceman02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2965

hows your credit score?

a credit score tells a lot about a person.

3-1LeadBlown
    3-1LeadBlown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Excellent mine is I have only missed 2 payments on 22 loans in the last 9 years. Reason is I'm good with money and only gamble what I can afford to lose

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Ok Joey Knish....lol.....
    Quote Originally Posted by 3-1LeadBlown View Post
    Excellent mine is I have only missed 2 payments on 22 loans in the last 9 years. Reason is I'm good with money and only gamble what I can afford to lose

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I think im in the fukkin negatives by now

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Never be a slave, pay it cash and move on.

grantingyou
    grantingyou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

Quote Originally Posted by 3-1LeadBlown View Post
    How can you be good with money if you are borrowing? If you can't afford to buy it with cash, you can't afford it!

grantingyou

My credit rating is a 0. Never an inquiry, a credit card, a mortgage or car payment.

One credit that possibly makes sense is a mortgage ONLY because your home appreciates.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

You don't understand how the world works. You need credit to live. Let me guess, you live off the land and don't need a phone or various other things in the home that you need credit for.

You shouldn't be proud of having 0.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by grantingyou View Post
    My credit rating is a 0. Never an inquiry, a credit card, a mortgage or car payment.

One credit that possibly makes sense is a mortgage ONLY because your home appreciates.
    You will never be able to get a mortgage unless you have first built up a good credit history though. No new cars either.

I've built my history up to the point that I can take out 0% loans, I can obtain any credit card I want, and banks fight for my business. I take the nearly free money and invest it. Hoping to semi-retire by the time I'm 40, and I never could've done this without access to credit.

Credit is not the epitome of evil some make it out to be. Only financial illiterate people think this way.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

To have any real buying power on credit... your score needs to be 700+

grantingyou

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    You don't understand how the world works. You need credit to live. Let me guess, you live off the land and don't need a phone or various other things in the home that you need credit for.

You shouldn't be proud of having 0.
    I am very proud of having a 0 credit score. I have a 100% paid for house, a car and zero worries. I max out my 401k every year, along with an IRA and I also do other investing such as buying mutual funds. I am saving to buy a rental property with cash as well. I have almost two years of an emergency fund in the bank, so I live a stress free life. I also am very generous and do plenty of giving.

BTW, my younger sister just bought a home with 0 credit score. All you need is a mortgage company such as Churchill Mortgage that will manually underwrite your loan. Two years on the job, tax returns, a record of paying your rent on time and a good down payment and they will give you a mortgage. She put down $40k on a $170k home.

My sister and I were both raised this way. My parents never had a credit score, but yet they had their personal residence and a rental property too.

People say I am weird! Well in today's world, I don't want to be normal.

grantingyou

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    You will never be able to get a mortgage unless you have first built up a good credit history though. No new cars either.

I've built my history up to the point that I can take out 0% loans, I can obtain any credit card I want, and banks fight for my business. I take the nearly free money and invest it. Hoping to semi-retire by the time I'm 40, and I never could've done this without access to credit.

Credit is not the epitome of evil some make it out to be. Only financial illiterate people think this way.
    Not True! You can get a mortgage with a 0 credit score. It's called manual underwriting. Not every broker or bank does it, but it can be done.

RudyRuetigger

granting you.....that sounds great and all but we all have 1 major question for you...

a/s/l/pic for sis

thanks pal..

btw we know "s" part (hopefully)

grantingyou

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    granting you.....that sounds great and all but we all have 1 major question for you...
    a/s/l/pic for sis

thanks pal..

btw we know "s" part (hopefully)
    You think you're a funny guy? What is your location so i can kick your ass.

TheMoneyShot

Not True! You can get a mortgage with a 0 credit score. It's called manual underwriting. Not every broker or bank does it, but it can be done.
    Yes. It's all in who you know etc. Just like when you want 0% financing for a vehicle... and you don't technically qualify for it... any sales rep can get it for you.... it's if they feel like it or not.

But for the average person out there... good luck in finding a lender/underwriter to pass your loan with a 0 score.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Wish Russian would hack my score and start me fresh smh

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

My credit score is 816.

RudyRuetigger

You think you're a funny guy? What is your location so i can kick your ass.
    sounds like a great evening but I'm not gay

try kraken in seattle wa for that type of messing around
    Points Awarded:

MickeyMan gave RudyRuetigger 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Booya711, and MickeyMan

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

[QUOTE=grantingyou;26627471]My credit rating is a 0. Never an inquiry, a credit card, a mortgage or car payment.

One credit that possibly makes sense is a mortgage ONLY because your home appreciates.[/QUOTE]

No it doesnt. Houses today are worth the same as they were almost 10 years ago. Houses havent went up in price since 2007. You're paying on that interest on something that is getting older every year and needs repairs

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Only a fool has shitty credit, last check had me at 803.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Capital One credit score = 833

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13998

grantingyou

[QUOTE=capone1899;26628321]

One credit that possibly makes sense is a mortgage ONLY because your home appreciates.[/QUOTE]

No it doesnt. Houses today are worth the same as they were almost 10 years ago. Houses havent went up in price since 2007. You're paying on that interest on something that is getting older every year and needs repairs
    You're looking at it in the short term. My home has appreciated 45% since 2008 when I bought.

spike420211
    spike420211's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2925

Overdue medical bills that Medicare sluffs on
    You will never be able to get a mortgage

58 Y.O., SSDI recipient, I gots a 1-br apt. and 2 mtn bikes.
    Guess where the friggin' hospital bills go?

PaperTrail07

All insurance pricing is credit based as well----So if you drive-your forced to meet state min requirements...cant pay cash for an ins rating.......you can pay double by having a "no hit" not having credit......look into insurance scores...

PaperTrail07

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

[QUOTE=grantingyou;26628811]
    Quote Originally Posted by capone1899 View Post
    You're looking at it in the short term. My home has appreciated 45% since 2008 when I bought.
    If you have a 150k house that doesnt go up in value for ten years you've paid over 100k in interest on something that is still worth 150k. Even if you are one of the lucky ones who house did go up, lets say 45%, you're still in the hole after 10 years. You've paid 100-120k in interest, still owe 120k and its only worth 225k, not to mention all the insurance, property taxes and up keep of the house

People have been brainwashed into thinking houses are a great investment. If you cant afford to pay for it in cash, you're getting ripped off. Nothing....and I mean nothing...is a good investment that you pay on for 30 years and by the time you pay it off youve paid 3x the orginal purchase price....plus insurance, property taxes, and up keep.

Best thing you can do: save up, buy a starter house, save up more and upgrade every 7-10 years . My father did that and ended up in a house a doctor should have owned, and he as just a factory worker.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Wow, that's crazy. Things are way more restrictive here in Canada when it comes to mortgage lending. Even if you found someone willing to work with you under the table, it's your credit score that the lender uses to determine your interest rate. If you have no credit history you may get a really lousy interest rate.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    All insurance pricing is credit based as well----So if you drive-your forced to meet state min requirements...cant pay cash for an ins rating.......you can pay double by having a "no hit" not having credit......look into insurance scores...
    Correct. There's also a new insurance grading scale they use based on "claims". I believe it's 1-18. 1 being the best... 18 being the worst. I know someone who's credit score is around 730.... made a roofing claim on his house.... and also on his car separate years.... house insurance and car insurance went through the roof... ha literally.

Honestly... never make a claim on your home or car... unless it's absolutely totaled. Car insurance will jump probably 300-400 every 6 months.... and your home insurance will climb probably around an extra 400-500... I don't think anyone wants there premiums to go up around 1000-1300 extra a year...

Good luck getting them back down to normal.

PaperTrail07

Every company is different.....most look back 6 years on home-3-5 on auto......you have to know what your doing really....comprehensive claims won't raise your rates...(commonly told BS) while true.....if you move companies they WILL look at it so while it wont raise the rate---it somewhat locks you into staying with the current company....home claims...always have your policy rated with the loss--see he difference and times that by 6....bc that's what youll pay back in extra.....ALSO something could pop up in the future so what would (2) losses look like ect.....insurance IS a gamble lol.....
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Correct. There's also a new insurance grading scale they use based on "claims". I believe it's 1-18. 1 being the best... 18 being the worst. I know someone who's credit score is around 730.... made a roofing claim on his house.... and also on his car separate years.... house insurance and car insurance went through the roof... ha literally.

Honestly... never make a claim on your home or car... unless it's absolutely totaled. Car insurance will jump probably 300-400 every 6 months.... and your home insurance will climb probably around an extra 400-500... I don't think anyone wants there premiums to go up around 1000-1300 extra a year...

Good luck getting them back down to normal.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

[QUOTE=capone1899;26629531]

If you have a 150k house that doesnt go up in value for ten years you've paid over 100k in interest on something that is still worth 150k. Even if you are one of the lucky ones who house did go up, lets say 45%, you're still in the hole after 10 years. You've paid 100-120k in interest, still owe 120k and its only worth 225k, not to mention all the insurance, property taxes and up keep of the house

People have been brainwashed into thinking houses are a great investment. If you cant afford to pay for it in cash, you're getting ripped off. Nothing....and I mean nothing...is a good investment that you pay on for 30 years and by the time you pay it off youve paid 3x the orginal purchase price....plus insurance, property taxes, and up keep.

Best thing you can do: save up, buy a starter house, save up more and upgrade every 7-10 years . My father did that and ended up in a house a doctor should have owned, and he as just a factory worker.
    Almost impossible now a days. Everybody has student loans and needs a bright new shiny car every 3 years, people don't want to save for a house. Unless they want to live with their parents all their lives. No point in young people renting after college, that's worse than paying mortgage interest.

bozeman
    bozeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5145

its E-something - meaning even the bank cant see what penetrates it over - 3 collections on me, i have so far negotiated one of my 1500 dollar debts to be reduced to 844 through the collection agency - thus i might pay them off without consumers proposal.
    anyways i am a cash guy - and my wife will get the mortgage if needed

Hu$tle
    Hu$tle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1247

A-

However i dont think many bookies like me

thellama
    thellama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3073

801 with transunion and 793 with equafax. No debt to speak of. Took a hit a few months back because amex closed my account although Im still using the card? Had that card for 9 years so hurt my Age of Credit score. Something about account transfer but it's gone from my report so I dont know. Credit score is fun to watch but doesn't mean much to me at this point.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

FICO of 804