xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

Dealing with a Deadbeat Client

I know there are a lot of posts on here about deadbeat bookies, but how would you deal with a deadbeat client who won't pay up for work? I always google and research potential clients before proceeding and she has a rather big social media following and online presence so figured she wasn't going to be a stiff. To make a long story short, though, she approached me about a new layout for her fashion blog asking about prices. Did it for about $400.00. She told me she sent the money via bank transfer on PayPal. Didn't receive anything. So, she said she'd cancel it and try by credit card. Still nothing after two days, and shes not responding and still posting on Instagram.

You guys think I should take the high road? Or light her up on social media?
    Last edited by xKMACKx; 11-26-16 at 12:01 AM.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

I would insist on 50% of the money up front.

xKMACKx

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    This is the first person that has appeared to stiff me in two years. It was kind of part of my marketing to allow clients to pay after the project is done, I got a few other projects because of that. However, yeah no more of that after this. Luckily this wasn't a big project.

It's not worth enough to go through the courts with it, and I'm sure she realizes that much and is breaching the contract anyway. I'm definitely suspending the domain name if I don't get it by sometime next week.
    Last edited by xKMACKx; 11-25-16 at 05:19 PM.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

Quote Originally Posted by xKMACKx View Post
    I know there are a lot of posts on here about deadbeat bookies, but how would you deal with a deadbeat client who won't pay up for work? I always google and research potential clients before proceeding and she has a rather big social media following and online presence so figured she wasn't going to be a stiff. To make a long story short, though, she approached me about a new layout for her fashion blog asking about prices. Did it for about $400.00. She told me she sent the money via bank transfer on PayPal. Didn't receive anything. So, she said she'd cancel it and try by credit card. Still nothing after two days, and shes not responding and still posting on Instagram.

I decided to dig a little deeper regarding her, and this article came up in Google about her father http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/halifax-man-helped-thousands-pretend-they-were-living-in-canada-to-circumvent-citizenship-requirements

You guys think I should take the high road? Or light her up on social media?
    Just take her to small claims court.

xKMACKx

Yeah I'm providing a formal document on Monday if I still haven't received a response with the appropriate steps I'll take if payment isn't received. A monkey could probably represent themselves in small claims over this.

I'm starting to get big corporate clients and calling her out on social media may do more harm than good, looking unprofessional on twitter. But I am certainly tempted ha.
    Last edited by xKMACKx; 11-25-16 at 05:33 PM.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

is her work live ? Just take it down.. if anything if you have her credentials.. put her invoice up where her url is

xKMACKx

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post
    is her work live ? Just take it down.. if anything if you have her credentials.. put her invoice up where her url is
    Yes and I still have access to her control panel. Not sure she knows how to turn me off as an admin. Also, I bought the domain name and it's on my GoDaddy account so I can easily park that. I am including that in the document I send her on Monday that it will be yanked if not paid by a certain time.

xKMACKx

I have her Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, hair salon she works for, affiliates she works with on social media. So, if I really wanted to make a mess of it I could.

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Sounds, or reads like

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yEKARbhoRbk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

xKMACKx

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghPlayer View Post
    Sounds, or reads like

PittsburghPlayer

My post can be taken at least two ways...

one.

wash your hands of it.

two.

that requires listening to the song!

hire out !!

xKMACKx

For 200 Betpoints. Who can guess if shes a Hillary or Donald Trump supporter? I should have been tipped off from her Instagram

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    This loser has all those points and still won't go pro.

I'd insist on saying and doing doing the exact opposite of anything he says, so in other words get laid.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Post her social media at SBR and let the masses decide.

xKMACKx

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Post her social media at SBR and let the masses decide.
    If she doesn't pay up or make any attempt to contact me by next week I will without a doubt.

stevek173

Send Rudy after 40 beers

xKMACKx

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    Send Rudy after 40 beers
    Most of the guys here would probably make an attempt to penetrate her instead. She isn't the worst looking. Out of all of the clients I've had, this is the last I'd think would have the balls to stiff me. Oh well, at least Washington covered today

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 400

Send JJ after he does a few rails

xKMACKx

Quote Originally Posted by stackz125 View Post

Send JJ after he does a few rails
    I was thinking I could give him 35% if he collects, seems to need the extra money right now.

PittsburghPlayer

xKMACKx, It appears that you are leaning towards hiring out to the SBR gang.

I approve.

"just leave name time and address - In a plain sealed envelope"

we will get it done

stevek173

Quote Originally Posted by xKMACKx View Post
    Most of the guys here would probably make an attempt to penetrate her instead. She isn't the worst looking. Out of all of the clients I've had, this is the last I'd think would have the balls to stiff me. Oh well, at least Washington covered today

Where's she at?

I like to multitask.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    Where's she at?

I like to multitask.
    You do now, you drink to oblivion and you stiff.

Some Pro.

stevek173

If someone assigns themselves as a collector while also being assigned by the creditor then makes up a fake meeting spot then has trolls like yourself help him try to hide from his own behavior call it what you want. I won't care.

As said prior he would be overpaid for her as per our written agreement.

That agreement holds true and I await arrangements.

Otherwise complete , thorough and legal recourse will be taken for all wasted time, money, resources and thought put into the e-skirt waste of time games.
    Last edited by stevek173; 11-26-16 at 04:37 PM.

xKMACKx

Gave her dates in a formal document that I was going to suspend the domain name, sending it to a collection agency, and contacting a lawyer. That had her send it real quick

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Find the biggest scariest looking Black guy you can find and tell him to come with you and you'll pay him $50 bucks just to hand him a picture and walk away, nothing illegal....

Bring a polaroid camera and head over to this persons house whom owes you money... Knock on the door and step back a few feet.. When she or he opens the door take a quick picture of him or her, then immediately call over big old mean looking Tyrone and hand him the picture.. Tell him to walk back to the car and wait..

The client will be shocked, don't answer any questions, you then tell her or him they need to pay up immediately and then you walk away.. Guarantee you get paid on the spot or very shortly after..

You haven't broken the law or threatened that person in anyway.. You just took a picture and handed it to the mean looking black man.. That's not against the law...

That will send a clear message.. I've had to do that once many years ago and I got paid in full on the spot....

Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-30-16 at 05:54 PM.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Find the biggest scariest looking Black guy you can find and tell him to come with you and you'll pay him $50 bucks just to hand him a picture and walk away, nothing illegal....

Bring a polaroid camera and head over to this persons house whom owes you money... Knock on the door and step back a few feet.. When she or he opens the door take a quick picture of him or her, then immediately call over big old mean looking Tyrone and hand him the picture.. Tell him to walk back to the car and wait..

The client will be shocked, don't answer any questions, you then tell her or him they need to pay up immediately and then you walk away.. Guarantee you get paid on the spot or very shortly after..

You haven't broken the law or threatened that person in anyway.. You just took a picture and handed it to the mean looking black man.. That's not against the law...

That will send a clear message.. I've had to do that once many years ago and I got paid in full on the spot....

Jibby what if the person who owes is also black?

Hu$tle
    Hu$tle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1247

Wow u really couldnt collect from a hot girl online haha

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    Then you abort the intimidation play and go with plan B....

spike420211
    spike420211's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2925

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    a hot girl online
    tbqh, Mickey, just ain't addin up.

Send over $pike.
    6'1", 290, I'll bring along my famous 3/4"x18" pipe nipple [sry, Home Depot won't let me buy powder-activated fasteners anymore].
    Same routine w/ the Polaroid. SSDI recipients like myself are considered 1-2 notches under 5150's.
    25% would be OK...

kcburg
    kcburg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6060

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    Just take her to small claims court.
    Winning in small claims and getting paid are two different things..

I took a former employer of mine to small claims..won because they never showed have a judgement and am still out the 2 grand. The company has all all sorts of LLC's and bank accounts which they dissolve from time to time...so they are basically judgement proof.