sportsfan9698
    sportsfan9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

Bill Walton

He is the color commentator for this Maui Classic, and he often does PAC12 games for ESPN. I don't know what to think... sometimes he is very informative, entertaining and such. Sometimes he is a complete ass on air. I am convinced he still does plenty of drugs, and I see a change in his personality depending on what chemicals are in his bloodstream at any particular game

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Walton is a hoot. He used to be a pompous ass in his younger days. He does not give a damn about anything anymore. He just has a good time. Definitely the wildest color commentator by a factor of 10.

sportsfan9698

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    Walton is a hoot. He used to be a pompous ass in his younger days. He does not give a damn about anything anymore. He just has a good time. Definitely the wildest color commentator by a factor of 10.
    I agree he can be very entertaining... but I have seen him recently (last season) where he was a complete jackass.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan9698 View Post
    I agree he can be very entertaining... but I have seen him recently (last season) where he was a complete jackass.
    It is funny to listen to the play-by-play guy try to keep up when he does over the edge.

sportsfan9698

Dennis Miller when he was in the MNF booth was the best ever IMO. But ABC/ESPN had to hate him for having a mind I suppose...

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47418

met him a couple of months ago, very nice guy

I'm pretty sure he smokes weed at minimum

sportsfan9698

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    met him a couple of months ago, very nice guy

I'm pretty sure he smokes weed at minimum
    Of course he smokes... but he is not shy at all talking about use of acid and other drugs. He is an old man now, but I think he is still at it. I mean there is a time and place for everything, but not when you are on air, or if it did not make you become a pompass ass.

I still like him, he is a character. I'm shocked ESPN puts up with his antics. They have fired anybody with any personality over the years

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Walton is GOD...Mike Pence must hate him..

goatchaser
    goatchaser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2641

Bill Walton when healthy was one of the greatest centers ever..Both College and Pro's. He's been doing weed since forever. Any Telecast he's doing I will watch. Yes he can go on and on..then get on a subject that has nothing to do with the game he's doing. But he's colorful..funny....And let's not forget....Very Intelligent. I need to find an interview he did. The reporter asked him about when he was with the Celtics and he and Kevin McHale would stay after practice and play one on one. The reporter asked him straight up.....Who would win? Walton in his half stuttering voice said.....I kicked his Ass.